STOWABLE LOADING RAMP BRACKET IN THE WAY OF SLIDE IN CAMPER? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

STOWABLE LOADING RAMP BRACKET IN THE WAY OF SLIDE IN CAMPER?

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Old 08-10-2018, 12:41 PM
GAJ&GUB
New User
GAJ&GUB is starting off with a positive reputation.

Hi All,

This is my first post. Finding lots of great answers to questions we have on this forum so thank you!

We're about to order a 2019 F350 Platinum Diesel Dually and would like to get the "stowable loading ramp" option (despite the cost) as we will also be getting a four wheeler. When we're not loading the four wheeler though, we will be loading our slide-in camper. Of course, the loading ramps themselves will have to be removed first but we're worried the rear bracket for the loading ramp on the drivers side will prevent the camper to sit where it should in the bed. If I could find a 2018 on a lot with the stowable ramp option I could measure to make sure but it's not an option any dealer is going to order for their lot trucks. Anyone have experience with this? Any help would be much appreciated!

Old 08-10-2018, 12:49 PM
Tricon
Posting Guru
Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by GAJ&GUB View Post
Hi All,

This is my first post. Finding lots of great answers to questions we have on this forum so thank you!

We're about to order a 2019 F350 Platinum Diesel Dually and would like to get the "stowable loading ramp" option (despite the cost) as we will also be getting a four wheeler. When we're not loading the four wheeler though, we will be loading our slide-in camper. Of course, the loading ramps themselves will have to be removed first but we're worried the rear bracket for the loading ramp on the drivers side will prevent the camper to sit where it should in the bed. If I could find a 2018 on a lot with the stowable ramp option I could measure to make sure but it's not an option any dealer is going to order for their lot trucks. Anyone have experience with this? Any help would be much appreciated!
I don't have a definitive answer for you unfortunately, but I do know that a lot of tonneau cover companies have said they interfere with their covers, which might be a bad omen for you. They are so expensive, I would just get a folding ramp instead, its a lot easier loading a 4 wheeler with a wider ramp like this and its like 75% less cost.

Old 08-10-2018, 01:36 PM
e6bailey
New User
e6bailey is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have the option on my truck and can measure the distance they stick out with the ramps removed. I will let you know later tonight.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:02 PM
GAJ&GUB
New User
That is very kind of you e6baily and much appreciated! I would also appreciate the measurement from the bracket to the tail light.

I measured how much room I need there and it is 30". If there's 30" of room it won't matter how much the bracket sticks out. If not though, the "stick out" measurement would be helpful too.

Old 08-10-2018, 04:50 PM
Section179
Senior User
Section179 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The brackets appear to be a few hex bolts to remove, and return normal use of the box link system. I also confirmed with ford ramp equipped vehicles come with all box link hardware loose. I ordered ramps on my Ď19, fully expecting to remove them the day it arrives.

The safety bracket system on the tailgate was my real reason for wanting these ramps. Whenever I use them, Iíll put them in the bed and lock them using the keyed lock they come with. When Iím done, Iíll stick them back in the basement or barn with my bike/quad/etc

Old 08-10-2018, 10:36 PM
Lees350
Senior User
Lees350 has a good reputation on FTE.Lees350 has a good reputation on FTE.
Yes, the brackets take all of 5 minutes to remove. First thing I did when I got the truck.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:26 PM
Alaskan_Warbird
Elder User
Alaskan_Warbird is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Why not tow the 4 wheeler on a small ATV trailer? Then you can take it with you camping!

Old 08-11-2018, 01:52 AM
GAJ&GUB
New User
[QUOTE=Alaskan_Warbird;18134121]Why not tow the 4 wheeler on a small ATV trailer? Then you can take it with you camping!

[/QUOTE)

Great suggestion but we tow a boat.

Old 08-11-2018, 02:10 AM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
LiquidSteam is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The brackets definitely get in the way of tonneau covers. We tried to install them on my work truck and the wouldn't work together.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.