New Ford Ranger preview - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2019 Ranger Everything about the new 2019 Ford Ranger.

New Ford Ranger preview

Old 08-16-2018, 03:16 PM
Pgh Rebel
Posting Guru
Pgh Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.Pgh Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.
George, I see a lot of people driving 2015-18 F-150's in the XL trim but with a sport/STX package simply because it does represent such tremendous value over the additional $4k to get into the XLT. I imagine the Ranger STX will sell in similar numbers once it starts getting out to dealers. Personally I like chrome on a pickup truck so I would opt for the Chrome package instead of the Sport package. My last two F-150's have both been the XL so I do at least want some carpeting next! I really don't want to have to spend near $40k though just to get the sliding rear window so I would take issue with the way Ford bundled that in to where I have to buy the XLT 302A to get that one option, but yet I can get it on the XL as a stand-alone. Makes no sense to me. Hopefully by the time this reaches production, or by the second or third year into production they'll have sorted that out.

Old 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Diesel_Brad
Post Fiend
Diesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by YoGeorge View Post
An F150 Supercab starts at $33,285 when you include destination which puts the comparison on more of an "apples and smaller apples" basis. The $25,395 Ranger is a Supercab and includes destination. Looks like the Ranger also has power windows and maybe some other basic options included where the F150 does not...

Americans are accustomed to thinking that vehicles should be priced "by the pound" or by the "cubic foot" instead of their sophistication and content. It's not all about raw materials...

I must have missed where it said anything more than a starting price was $25k. A specific cab was not listed

Old 08-16-2018, 09:44 PM
YoGeorge
Postmaster
YoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Pgh Rebel View Post
.....I would opt for the Chrome package instead of the Sport package. My last two F-150's have both been the XL so I do at least want some carpeting next! I really don't want to have to spend near $40k though just to get the sliding rear window so I would take issue with the way Ford bundled that in to where I have to buy the XLT 302A to get that one option, but yet I can get it on the XL as a stand-alone. Makes no sense to me. Hopefully by the time this reaches production, or by the second or third year into production they'll have sorted that out.
You can buy a Ford or aftermarket sliding rear window for $3-400 and have it put in. You can also add carpeting although I have Weathertech or Husky mats in my carpeted vehicles so I'm seeing mostly vinyl mats...

I am personally not a fan of chrome and agree that the best value is on trucks with less "content" but again, bundling "content" is where Ford makes more money on trucks that are already profitable.
George

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: