New Ford Ranger preview - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2019 Ranger Everything about the new 2019 Ford Ranger.

New Ford Ranger preview

Old 08-16-2018, 04:16 PM
Pgh Rebel
Posting Guru
Pgh Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.Pgh Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.
George, I see a lot of people driving 2015-18 F-150's in the XL trim but with a sport/STX package simply because it does represent such tremendous value over the additional $4k to get into the XLT. I imagine the Ranger STX will sell in similar numbers once it starts getting out to dealers. Personally I like chrome on a pickup truck so I would opt for the Chrome package instead of the Sport package. My last two F-150's have both been the XL so I do at least want some carpeting next! I really don't want to have to spend near $40k though just to get the sliding rear window so I would take issue with the way Ford bundled that in to where I have to buy the XLT 302A to get that one option, but yet I can get it on the XL as a stand-alone. Makes no sense to me. Hopefully by the time this reaches production, or by the second or third year into production they'll have sorted that out.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:29 PM
Diesel_Brad
Post Fiend
Diesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by YoGeorge View Post
An F150 Supercab starts at $33,285 when you include destination which puts the comparison on more of an "apples and smaller apples" basis. The $25,395 Ranger is a Supercab and includes destination. Looks like the Ranger also has power windows and maybe some other basic options included where the F150 does not...

Americans are accustomed to thinking that vehicles should be priced "by the pound" or by the "cubic foot" instead of their sophistication and content. It's not all about raw materials...

I must have missed where it said anything more than a starting price was $25k. A specific cab was not listed

Old 08-16-2018, 10:44 PM
YoGeorge
Postmaster
YoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Pgh Rebel View Post
.....I would opt for the Chrome package instead of the Sport package. My last two F-150's have both been the XL so I do at least want some carpeting next! I really don't want to have to spend near $40k though just to get the sliding rear window so I would take issue with the way Ford bundled that in to where I have to buy the XLT 302A to get that one option, but yet I can get it on the XL as a stand-alone. Makes no sense to me. Hopefully by the time this reaches production, or by the second or third year into production they'll have sorted that out.
You can buy a Ford or aftermarket sliding rear window for $3-400 and have it put in. You can also add carpeting although I have Weathertech or Husky mats in my carpeted vehicles so I'm seeing mostly vinyl mats...

I am personally not a fan of chrome and agree that the best value is on trucks with less "content" but again, bundling "content" is where Ford makes more money on trucks that are already profitable.
George

Old 08-26-2018, 10:03 AM
5851a
Elder User
5851a is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ford has been cautious with engine choices in the past, no V8 in Mustangs in 74, V6 only MN12 Tbirds. Takes them a year or 2 to figure out what people really want. I'm sure emissions has a lot to do with it. Give them awhile. They still look to large to me. Does everything made today have to have a monster console?

Old 08-27-2018, 11:09 AM
Pgh Rebel
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 5851a View Post
Ford has been cautious with engine choices in the past, no V8 in Mustangs in 74, V6 only MN12 Tbirds. Takes them a year or 2 to figure out what people really want. I'm sure emissions has a lot to do with it. Give them awhile. They still look to large to me. Does everything made today have to have a monster console?
I think you're right. Give Ford Corporate a year or two to get their act together with this Ranger and I'm sure we'll probably start to see more engine choices. Maybe even a manual transmission? Pretty please!! Just to get an idea of how large or small the new Ranger might feel to drive it, one of these days I might stop by after work and test drive a Chevrolet Colorado or GMC Canyon. I would be looking for an extended cab Ranger so that's the size Colorado I'll try to find. Where I live, everyone seems to want the crew cabs so dealers tend not to carry too many extended cabs. I'm noticing the same trend among the full-size trucks as well. American buyers seems to be lured in by "bigger is always better". Bigger is also usually more expensive too.

Old 09-01-2018, 09:07 AM
ArmamentDawg
Senior User
ArmamentDawg is starting off with a positive reputation.
If I can't get a 4x4 Crew cab in Ruby Red then it ain't goin' to happen.

Old 09-06-2018, 02:16 PM
2.7EcoBoost
Senior User
2.7EcoBoost is starting off with a positive reputation.
It's September. Time for some specs already......C'mon Ford!

Old 09-07-2018, 11:54 PM
CuNmUdF250
Posting Guru
CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.
I’m not really as excited about the Ranger anymore as I was... now it’s more about the Bronco. I know ***** ain’t cheap nowadays , if I have to pay north of 35k for something the Ranger just falls short. I’m hoping the Bronco will be something cool you know one of of those vehicles you hang onto for life. The Ranger and all its competitors imo just don’t bring enough to the table to persuade me to not just buy another F150.

Old 09-08-2018, 06:13 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by CuNmUdF250 View Post
Iím not really as excited about the Ranger anymore as I was... now itís more about the Bronco. I know ***** ainít cheap nowadays , if I have to pay north of 35k for something the Ranger just falls short. Iím hoping the Bronco will be something cool you know one of of those vehicles you hang onto for life. The Ranger and all its competitors imo just donít bring enough to the table to persuade me to not just buy another F150.

You and me both brother.

Old 09-08-2018, 07:10 AM
Diesel_Brad
Post Fiend
Diesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by CuNmUdF250 View Post
Iím not really as excited about the Ranger anymore as I was... now itís more about the Bronco. I know ***** ainít cheap nowadays , if I have to pay north of 35k for something the Ranger just falls short. Iím hoping the Bronco will be something cool you know one of of those vehicles you hang onto for life. The Ranger and all its competitors imo just donít bring enough to the table to persuade me to not just buy another F150.

Agreed 200%

Old 09-09-2018, 01:16 AM
khadma
Carpenter Local 745
khadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant future
I want a silver one!!!!!!!!

Old 09-11-2018, 02:57 PM
CJ455

FTE Town Crier

CJ455 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by khadma View Post
I want a silver one!!!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing! What interior color would you pair with silver?

Old 09-17-2018, 06:34 PM
Pgh Rebel
Posting Guru
The size of the F-150 alone is enough to persuade me not to buy another full-size truck. Trying to squeeze my truck through tight parking lots and garages in downtown Pittsburgh is a real BI***!! On the highway I love it! It rides as smooth and quiet as any pick-up has a right to, gets decent fuel economy for its size and weight, has adequate power; though I still wish I had the 5.0. But in town is where this truck becomes downright cumbersome; and feels twice its size.
For me it's not about dollars and cents. It's more about what do I really need in a truck? Bottom line is, I simply don't have the need for an 8' bed anymore. And for me, that was the only reason I ever moved into a '150 in the first place. Otherwise, a Ranger Supercab will do everything I need.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:34 PM
fluidp
Senior User
fluidp is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ive been waiting for Ford to get it together with the Ranger and im VERY disappointed. Ive always been a Ford guy, but I would expect a Diesel option, Its not like they don't have one, I feel they have dropped the ball, BIG time, as many people will go with Chevy, I have even looked at them.... I just don't get Ford as they say they want to get out of making cars and focus on trucks, well they are at least 3 years behind the competition..

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: