6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Innovative Diesel 6.7 Powerstroke

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 04:12 PM
LaughingSavage
Mountain Pass
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Innovative Diesel 6.7 Powerstroke

Alright hope I got this on the right forum

Just putting up a review on Innovative Diesel from my experience, I bought a Extreme street tune for my dads 2015 F-250 6.7 Powerstroke. So far it works great, Went from about 10-11 mpg in town to high 12s low 13s, Cant speak About the highway eco yet but we plan to take a nice long trip Sunday.
The tune added a lot of top end pull to the truck otherwise it drives almost stock with a little more response and get up and go but man when you lay into the pedal
Had great customer service giving them a few calls with questions and they gladly answered and were very confident in their tunes.....With good reason

Anyway just thought I would drop my first thread on these guys, Also installed the tune using SCT X4 and I will give a update at a later date

Old 08-09-2018, 04:21 PM
MKrenn
Fleet Mechanic
Received 362 Likes on 248 Posts
Sounds awesome. Can't wait to delete mine......

Old 08-09-2018, 04:51 PM
LaughingSavage
Mountain Pass
This was done without the delete I might add, They will not tune for EGR or DPF being removed due to legal issues, I planned to remove EGR but decided against it and so far it seems to have good gains with it still on there

Old 08-10-2018, 03:58 PM
sullyt28
Tuned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Subscribing.

Bought a 2018 6.7 and man does it feal lazy compared to my 6.0 with a tune. It feels like its a 20k truck whereas after the street tune on my 6.0 it made the truck feel more like a half ton, just touch the pedal and it goes. These new trucks are so restrictive both intake and exhaust. However, it that doesn't change when you hook up a 18k trailer - power is impressive.

Just worried about warranty and messing something up transferring files. I still get nervous everytime I update or change a tune in my old truck. Those 2 miniutes seem like 2 hours.

Old 08-11-2018, 09:22 PM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,364 Likes on 4,623 Posts
Sullyt28, it's not the intake or exhaust. They are not restrictive at all. It's the way the engine is tuned as well as the transmission shift strategy. It's very conservative and has a torque limiter on it. It's not the truck but how it's programmed. The stock transmission tuning sucks for sure. Goes into overdrive way to quick and the hesitation when you step on the throttle before it downshifts. Tuning not only the engine but the transmission to get that power to the ground is key.

Laughing Savage, looking forward to more reports on the Innovative tunes. I'm looking at 5Star and DP Tuner as well because I'm not deleting.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:13 AM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 899 Likes on 325 Posts
Originally Posted by LaughingSavage
Alright hope I got this on the right forum

Just putting up a review on Innovative Diesel from my experience, I bought a Extreme street tune for my dads 2015 F-250 6.7 Powerstroke. So far it works great, Went from about 10-11 mpg in town to high 12s low 13s, Cant speak About the highway eco yet but we plan to take a nice long trip Sunday.
The tune added a lot of top end pull to the truck otherwise it drives almost stock with a little more response and get up and go but man when you lay into the pedal
Had great customer service giving them a few calls with questions and they gladly answered and were very confident in their tunes.....With good reason

Anyway just thought I would drop my first thread on these guys, Also installed the tune using SCT X4 and I will give a update at a later date
I hope your dad is aware of the fact you did this and the warranty ramifications. I really have no desire to tune the truck, but don't judge others that do either. But at least do this on a truck you are personally financially responsible for.....

Old 08-14-2018, 11:21 AM
sullyt28
Tuned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
There is a reason why these engines are so quiet. They design out the turbo and exhaust noise.= restriction. Agreed tuning helps as well.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:57 PM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,364 Likes on 4,623 Posts
Originally Posted by sullyt28
There is a reason why these engines are so quiet. They design out the turbo and exhaust noise.= restriction. Agreed tuning helps as well.
You can still hear the turbo whistle when you step on it. My friend was standing outside when he told me to hammer it and he said he heard the turbo just fine through the tailpipe. Check out calibratedpower.com for the 6.7 Powertroke tuning. They make as much or a little more power with their DPF on performance tunes as the deleted 200hp race tune. I don't know much about them just know of them.

If they can control the sound, they must be doing something different. I would think that a highly efficient engine like this with restrictions would be detrimental to performance and how much harder it would be to keep cool.

Comments from this video:

"Unique inboard exhaust and outboard intake architecture, an automotive-industry first for a modern production diesel engine, reduces overall exhaust system volume, which leads to better throttle response for the customer; additionally, reduced exhaust system surface area minimizes heat transfer to the engine compartment and improves NVH (noise, vibration, harshness)"

"The same engine was making both noises. They just changed how it injected the fuel for the "quiet" sound. They basically told the computer to go from sending one shot of diesel at once, too break it up into many smaller shots"

"They have two different modes set up on the injectors that changes the sound on the motor for the demonstration."

Old 08-16-2018, 04:02 AM
LaughingSavage
Mountain Pass
He is not worried about the warranty, We have a fleet of 6.7s and the only issue they ever seem to have is the turbo going out. Which was fixed on the newer models after 2014. Just a problem with the cheap kind of bearings Ford used. But to answer your statement my dad is well aware of what comes along with the tune

Anyway so far the tune is working out great. Fuel eco is staying right in the low 13s and we seen about 14.5-15 cruising 80 mph unloaded on our trip. The power it picked up is almost enough to convert me from a gas lover...But not quite

Okay for a third edit. Another thing i'm really liking about this tune is the lack of unburned fuel blowing out the tailpipe, it burns nice and clean just like it would stock.