leds and hids and incandescents oh my !!! - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

leds and hids and incandescents oh my !!!

Old 08-11-2018, 12:57 PM
jniolon
Postmaster
jniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant future
well, I googled till I was dizzy... won't spend what LEDs cost... still lots of $$ to spend on other stuff... I bought Pete's suggested halogen light... from LMC. that was some of the most confusing searching I've ever done and if you add the comments in the mix it's even worse...

john

Old 08-11-2018, 02:39 PM
CBeav
Elder User
CBeav has a great reputation on FTE.CBeav has a great reputation on FTE.CBeav has a great reputation on FTE.CBeav has a great reputation on FTE.CBeav has a great reputation on FTE.
I'm also on the JW Speaker/TruckLite bandwagon, FWIW. When it comes to headlights there's just way too much garbage out there. HID lights really should only be used in projector housings. One might get away with HIDs in a 5" light but in a 7" light you're looking for bloody nose. LEDs on the stock switch would probably be easier than the OE lights but there's one thing to consider... how much on our trucks seems to be over-engineered in comparison to today's vehicles?

Old 08-11-2018, 03:44 PM
49willard
Postmaster
49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by jniolon View Post
well, I googled till I was dizzy... won't spend what LEDs cost... still lots of $$ to spend on other stuff... I bought Pete's suggested halogen light... from LMC. that was some of the most confusing searching I've ever done and if you add the comments in the mix it's even worse...

john

John,
I am using the same in my 49 (with relays). I liked them so much that I installed a pair with relays in my 1986 911 P car.

Old 08-11-2018, 09:51 PM
EBEAR
Elder User
EBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to behold
Unless you plan on glueing them in your are never really stuck with them you can always find better or cheaper later . Don't spend big money unless you find something you really like .

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.