Tow package question - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

Tow package question

Old 08-09-2018, 01:23 PM
Robbarb
New User
Robbarb is starting off with a positive reputation.
Tow package question

I have a 2002 Expedition E B 5.4L and need a radiator and was asked if it has a tow package to get the right one. I'm pretty sure it does since it has the 7 pin plug and 2"hitch.Is there a easy way to tell if it does?

Old 08-10-2018, 08:03 AM
2trux
Senior User
2trux is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yeah, that sounds like the tow package.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:42 PM
R&T Babich
Posting Guru
R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Robbarb View Post
I have a 2002 Expedition E B 5.4L and need a radiator and was asked if it has a tow package to get the right one. I'm pretty sure it does since it has the 7 pin plug and 2"hitch.Is there a easy way to tell if it does?
Generally the 7 pin trailer hitch plug comes with a tow package, so you probably have it.
I think the "right" radiator for your vehicle equipped with a tow package is one that has 2 rows of tubes/fins in the radiator core.
Does your OEM radiator have 2 rows of tubes/fins in the core?
Where was it that asked about a tow package to get the right radiator?
I have a 2003 Exped XLT 5.4L with tow package (different radiator than yours), but I can't find one with 2 rows of tubes/fins.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:33 AM
alloro
Post Fiend
alloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud of
Just take the tow package radiator. It might be a few bucks more but having the extra cooling capacity is worth it.

Old 08-13-2018, 01:30 PM
R&T Babich
Posting Guru
R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by alloro View Post
Just take the tow package radiator. It might be a few bucks more but having the extra cooling capacity is worth it.
It would be worth the few extra bucks, but where do you get one?
Mishimoto has a 2 row stock type replacement radiator, R2171-AT, for the Excursion, but they don't have one for the Expedition.
I've looked at a lot of places on-line and can't find a 2 row for a 2003 5.4L Expedition.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:51 AM
alloro
Post Fiend
alloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by R&T Babich View Post
It would be worth the few extra bucks, but where do you get one?
Since they offered him a choice I would hope they have access to both.

Old 08-14-2018, 05:42 PM
R&T Babich
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by alloro View Post
Since they offered him a choice I would hope they have access to both.
I agree, but who is "they"?
I've been hoping the OP would respond to my question in post #2 - "Where was it that asked about a tow package to get the right radiator? "

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.