Misfire on cylinder 6! - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage

Misfire on cylinder 6!

Old 08-08-2018, 01:53 AM
Dillan Clark
New User
Dillan Clark is starting off with a positive reputation.
Misfire on cylinder 6!

I have a 2001 f150 with the 4.6... this truck is EXREMELY sluggish ever since I got it and has cause nothing but problems. Hereís the newest problem. From the title you see I have a misfire on cylinder 6. I have put new coils and spark plugs when it was showing a misfire on cylinder 3 and that didnít fix it so we put a new injector and that fixed it. Now Iím showing a misfire on cylinder 6. Should I just try to throw a new injector in it and see if thatís what it is? All Iíve done is try and throw parts at it because like I said this truck has been NOTHING but problems and just runs like *****! Where we are we canít get a SMOG check if the check engine light is on and all I want to do is get this thing turned off and sell it! Just need yalls advise for this missfire and hopefully itíll stay off long enough to pass and sell! Thanks everybody

Old 08-08-2018, 09:39 AM
alloro
Post Fiend
alloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud of
Sounds like there could be multiple issue with it. Instead of throwing part at it you could instead use that money to buy a decent scan tool that has live data and find out what's really going on.

Old 08-08-2018, 01:56 PM
Dillan Clark
New User
Dillan Clark is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by alloro View Post
Sounds like there could be multiple issue with it. Instead of throwing part at it you could instead use that money to buy a decent scan tool that has live data and find out what's really going on.
we have been scanning the codes evertyime something pops up. Seems like the light canít stay off for more than a couple of days

Old 08-08-2018, 04:26 PM
Bluegrass 7
Post Fiend
Bluegrass 7 has a very good reputation on FTE.Bluegrass 7 has a very good reputation on FTE.Bluegrass 7 has a very good reputation on FTE.Bluegrass 7 has a very good reputation on FTE.
When there is such issue you need to look at the operating data to get a clue as to what's going on.
The engine control system is a full computer control the same as any other make of vehicle.
Your just not making the required effort to solve the issues.
CEL light is the first indicator besides drivability.
Codes are the second indicator.
How you interpret them and what you do is the third.
Using a Scanner to see the data out of normal range is a must.
You are only going to #1 and 2 diagnostic levels.
First things to look at is ignition timing advancing. Maybe the timing test plug is missing.
Maybe the fuel pressure is to low.
Maybe the fuel tables are shifted.
You can't just stand and complain if your not willing to do anything but guess.
Good luck.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:38 AM
alloro
Post Fiend
alloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dillan Clark View Post
we have been scanning the codes evertyime something pops up.
Reading codes isn't going to tell you everything. You see to see the live data displayed as the engine is running.

Old 08-11-2018, 08:43 AM
enriched&beyound
Posting Guru
enriched&beyound is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Look for a scanner that is bi-directional ..they tend to let you see more info then just a generic code reader.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.