add a leaf info results e150 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1968-2013 Full Size Vans Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

add a leaf info results e150

Old 08-07-2018, 03:00 PM
pancake52
Freshman User
pancake52 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question add a leaf info results e150

since there are so many different type can you post the specific type, brand, cost and your result. Right now I don't want to put in new rear springs. I am looking to raise up my vans sagging rear and firm up the ride. thanks

Old 08-07-2018, 06:45 PM
cschmidt
New User
cschmidt is starting off with a positive reputation.

Hard to see in this picture. I had a '96 e-150 Mark IV conversion van, and towed a 2 horse trailer. I had to replace the rear springs and got the heaviest set - I think it was 4 leaves. It sat too high in the back. I would suggest 3 leaves if you carry a heavy load.

Last edited by cschmidt; 08-07-2018 at 06:46 PM. Reason: add pix
Old 08-09-2018, 07:06 PM
Clubwagon
Posting Guru
Clubwagon is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Clubwagon is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
This is what I put on my E150 Clubwagon XLT. I towed with it for years and they worked better than I expected. They were cheap and easy to install. And you can buy them at Advance Auto.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Old 08-10-2018, 06:43 PM
wirelessengineer
Senior User
wirelessengineer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Clubwagon View Post
This is what I put on my E150 Clubwagon XLT. I towed with it for years and they worked better than I expected. They were cheap and easy to install. And you can buy them at Advance Auto.

I got the exact same thing from Pep Boys a few years back. I used them on another kind of vehicle with badly sagging rear leaves. It got me by until I could replace the leaves properly. Really, any add-a-leaf solution should be considered TEMPORARY.

Old 08-11-2018, 07:58 PM
EagleFreek
Senior User
EagleFreek is starting off with a positive reputation.
I got those springs mentioned above sitting on a shelf I tried using on a 65 IH Metro I had. Unfortunately, it made it handle sketchy and I took them off. I can't see a location on my phone, if your anywhere near me in TN you can have them for free. Shipping would be more than what you can buy a set for, though.

Old 08-12-2018, 07:46 AM
pancake52
Freshman User
Question thanks all, keep sending in info on these , please

thx eagle freek and all who responded. I'll change out the springs someday but for now, i'm still looking for recommendations on add a leafs and since there are so many versions of add a leafs. Right now the 98 e150 conversion van leans toward the right/passenger side because of the weak spring on that side . just looking to adjust that sideup and maybe raise the back end slightly.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:32 PM
Conanski
Post Fiend
Conanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant future
I had a set of helwig EZ990s on my F150 and thought they did a great job, only downside to installing them was the need to remove the U bolts. There is another version(1801) that loops up over the U bolt plate though. The nice thing about these is you can dial in the amount of preload/lift you want by cranking down the straps at ether end and yes there is enough range available to not have any lift with an unloaded pickup so I doubt this would be an issue with a van which is heavier in the rear anyway.

Old 10-06-2018, 09:30 AM
pancake52
Freshman User
Advance autocraft underleaf 11020 springs

I'll try the one u suggested. Hope they also raise the end. I'll report back.

Old 10-06-2018, 10:19 AM
baddad457
Post Fiend
baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Clubwagon View Post

I used these on my 77 Comet. Still there too after 5-6 years. On my 96 E150, I went with a set of load leveler coil over shocks..

Old 10-07-2018, 03:57 PM
pancake52
Freshman User
best location to install

so I installed the kit and I must have it in the wrong location because it seems to have little effect.. I put it towards the back leaf hangar aft of the axle . where is the best location to make the biggest effect.

Old 10-07-2018, 09:03 PM
wirelessengineer
Senior User
wirelessengineer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nope. Wrong location. I gets installed next to the axle.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.