Old used parts - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Old used parts

Old 08-08-2018, 09:34 AM
tinman52
Welder User
tinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputation
Can't tell you what to do with the stuff........but as soon as you get rid of it you or someone else will need it. Hoarders Law.

Old 08-08-2018, 04:14 PM
Dangeruss
Freshman User
Dangeruss is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for all of the replies! I just hate getting rid of stuff that someone could use. I'm not so worried about nuts and bolts because most of that stuff is re-popped but some other items that can't be bought except on the used market could possibly make someone's life a little easier. I may have found a suitable home in the Akron area....just need to figure out how to get the stuff there in a timely manner.

Old 08-09-2018, 09:26 PM
electricmaniac
New User
electricmaniac is starting off with a positive reputation.
Don't be too quick to throw out bolts.
Are they thick head? Hard to find now, maybe always hard to find.
Ford Script on bolt (mostly a WWII jeep item, but maybe others??)
Shoulder bolt? Taper?
Everything China now.
Sad.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:23 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Thanks for all of the replies! I just hate getting rid of stuff that someone could use. I'm not so worried about nuts and bolts because most of that stuff is re-popped but some other items that can't be bought except on the used market could possibly make someone's life a little easier. I may have found a suitable home in the Akron area....just need to figure out how to get the stuff there in a timely manner.
The shouldered nuts in fine thread are not reproduced or at least I can't find any and they are never included in any of the kits...

Old 08-11-2018, 01:28 AM
electricmaniac
New User
electricmaniac is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey 56Panel -
Not sure what you need exactly, but Ray Nacewicz makes some fine thread items for Flatheads up to 1953.
Maybe something he has would fit your application??
http://fordscript.com/

Old 08-13-2018, 06:29 PM
abeagle
Senior User
abeagle is starting off with a positive reputation.
Like someone said, I too have all these parts and little room - but have now forgotten many piece locations on the truck. It worked well to start bagging in sandwich ziplock bags and labelling bags with bolts and small parts with size, etc and location. It gives a quick look for what the bolt, nut, part, etc is and saves time looking through boxes of bolts/nuts/parts. Sometimes they are useful for other projects around the house and garage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.