OBS / First Gen 7.3 PowerStroke fuel schematics - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Reload this Page >

OBS / First Gen 7.3 PowerStroke fuel schematics

Notices

OBS / First Gen 7.3 PowerStroke fuel schematics

Old 09-25-2018, 05:03 PM
kirkharrod
Elder User
kirkharrod has a good reputation on FTE.kirkharrod has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by timmyboy76 View Post
Good to see anutha greaser keeping this section alive..Kirk is the man! I ran 4yrs/150k on my l99 with my own creation. Like Kirk, only thing left of greasecar/what i used was the tank, copper heat tube in the tank and their fpr..wish i still had that!...
Not many of us left, good to hear from you!

Good point I forgot I still use the greasecar fuel pressure regulator.

I don't drive nearly as much as I used to as I have retired, my kids are grown and I got a new Camaro and that's all I want to drive LOL! I have about 1000 gallons of oil, but I am only using about 20 gallons per month!

Old 09-25-2018, 05:33 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Lol, im pimping around in a buick anymore. Since moving closer to daughter, really had no need for oil so i dumped the system. Hopefully that buyer is sticking it to the man...i might though, dig up your w/m system. THAT i dug, especially if it helps with egt's. Scored on a CCLB with 166k on her along with a ready 5'er hitch. So, might be looking for 1 in future and id want my egts in check..

If this new kat can get by the goop which i think is the exhaust being cleaned out, he'll see the wvo side isnt a dark side..

Old 09-26-2018, 03:01 AM
kirkharrod
Elder User
kirkharrod has a good reputation on FTE.kirkharrod has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by timmyboy76 View Post
Lol, im pimping around in a buick anymore. Since moving closer to daughter, really had no need for oil so i dumped the system. Hopefully that buyer is sticking it to the man...i might though, dig up your w/m system. THAT i dug, especially if it helps with egt's. Scored on a CCLB with 166k on her along with a ready 5'er hitch. So, might be looking for 1 in future and id want my egts in check..

If this new kat can get by the goop which i think is the exhaust being cleaned out, he'll see the wvo side isnt a dark side..

Yes you can easily build that water/meth injection system, easier now than when I did it. The pump is available from northerntool.com. It's a sprayer pump.
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...+sprayer-pumps

Boost switches are easily available https://prometh.com/products/copy-of...nt=13358079363

A little bit of tubing, a tank and boom you are spraying water into your engine!

Old 10-02-2018, 04:17 PM
flainn
Posting Guru
flainn has a very good reputation on FTE.flainn has a very good reputation on FTE.flainn has a very good reputation on FTE.
I scored a secondhand DudaDiesel 20-plate FPHE on eBay for about $50 and also bought the DieselSite 203-degree thermostat, aluminum outlet, and a new upper rad hose. All is installed now. I do seem to have a minor coolant leak from the FPHE (not sure if it's a fitting or the FPHE itself -- haven't had time to track it down).

I insulated the FPHE with pipe insulation and also the fuel outlet hose from the FPHE to the Greasecar supply valve.

The oil doesn't seem to get hot any quicker than it did before (nor does it get hotter overall -- 200 degrees seems to be the limit), but the truck is running better and smoking less, and the black goop from the exhaust seems to be gone. I'd call this a success!

Old 10-02-2018, 04:32 PM
flainn
Posting Guru
flainn has a very good reputation on FTE.flainn has a very good reputation on FTE.flainn has a very good reputation on FTE.
Coolant system diagram

By the way, I couldn't find a coolant flow diagram for the OBS 7.3 PSD on the Internet for love or money, so I dug into my electronic service manual and found one. It's not great (it omits a lot of stuff, like the coolant line coming from the passenger side head) but it might be useful to someone. This is straight from the official electronic Ford 1997 F-series factory service manual (which only works on Windows XP and lower...)

Old 10-02-2018, 05:55 PM
kirkharrod
Elder User
I would not be comfortable with a second hand FPHE. I would be afraid that there is polymerized oil in there gumming it up. Keep an eye on your fuel pressure gauge.

Old 10-09-2018, 12:17 PM
flainn
Posting Guru
Will do. For the time being, things are running really well. The coolant "leak" turned out to be just spilled coolant from refilling the reservoir. Smoke is greatly decreased and no black goop.

Old 10-09-2018, 11:11 PM
ToolmakerRob
Senior User
ToolmakerRob is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Kirk,

Not meaning to hijack a thread but are there any tips to building your own meth system? What is the boost sensor usually set at? How big a tank do people normally use?

Thanks,
Rob

Old 10-18-2018, 04:20 PM
AzDave
New User
AzDave is starting off with a positive reputation.
Here is how I plumbed the engine on an

This was for Vegi-Stroke manifold to OBS Conversion.
OBS for WVO.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description: