6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

How many miles do you have on your stock 6.0

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 11:49 AM
HT32BSX115
Logistics Pro
Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by IHateCommieCars
Me too, Does the interior look like 38k too? Still pisses me off that I blew up my 55k ambulance. I'd planned on having that for years.
Oh yeah! The guy didn't drive it a LOT at all but did drive it regularly..... when it wasn't being driven, he kept it in an RV garage under a custom cover. The back seats looked like they had NEVER been sat in, and there wasn't (still isn't) a scratch on it!!......(well maybe only a couple now but only I know where they are!!!)

It even had the original tires on it (I was getting a little afraid of 12 year old tires so I replaced them last summer)

Other than a sometimes "sticky" VGT, it runs flawlessly.

My plan is to clean the Turbo, do the STC, dummy plugs etc, replace the EGR with a BPD one, and since I'm in there either replace the oil cooler with the "new(er)" one or put a BPD Air/Oil cooler in it.....

Already have the 2008+ 5R110 pan and filter ready to go on.

Old 08-02-2018, 02:16 PM
bfloyd4445
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by HT32BSX115
Oh yeah! The guy didn't drive it a LOT at all but did drive it regularly..... when it wasn't being driven, he kept it in an RV garage under a custom cover. The back seats looked like they had NEVER been sat in, and there wasn't (still isn't) a scratch on it!!......(well maybe only a couple now but only I know where they are!!!)

It even had the original tires on it (I was getting a little afraid of 12 year old tires so I replaced them last summer)

Other than a sometimes "sticky" VGT, it runs flawlessly.

My plan is to clean the Turbo, do the STC, dummy plugs etc, replace the EGR with a BPD one, and since I'm in there either replace the oil cooler with the "new(er)" one or put a BPD Air/Oil cooler in it.....

Already have the 2008+ 5R110 pan and filter ready to go on.
whats the advantage of the 2008 tranny pan and filter? I'm getting ready to do my tranny again so maybe it would be a good time to change mine if there is a good reason

Old 08-02-2018, 02:30 PM
amthatiam
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 2008 pan and filter are a good upgrade because the trans fluid gets filtered 100% due to the 08 filter having an actual pleated filter that all the fluid goes through, it also has a screen and a bypass valve in it in case the pleated filter gets full, the pan I believe adds a bit more capacity but I'm not certain on that, I'm sure others can speak to that. I have this in my shop waiting to be installed. The stock filters are just a screen and the little filter up near the radiator that filters around 10% only, it is my understanding that the little filter needs to remain in service even with this upgrade.

Their is a really good cold flush write up in the tech folder that changes all or at least the vast majority of the fluid in the trans including the torque converter.

Dan

Old 03-10-2019, 01:53 PM
cbonet
New User
2006 Ford F350 King Ranch Dully with 34,000 miles

- Arp (625+) Studs. I went with extra strong arp studs over regular since I planned to keep this truck for a long time.
- EGR delete
- New Exhaust 4" MBRP
- Polyurethane with Kevlar body mounts
- Bluespring upgrade
- New filters air, fuel, etc...
- Rancho Steering Stabilizer
- New Michelin tires all the way around
- brake rotors cut
- new tow pads
- new brake calipers
- Spray-in liner
- B&W Turnover Ball Gooseneck Hitch
- FireStone Airbags
- Airlift Quickshot Onboard Compressor ControlSystem (box built to have under truck) Dual lines gauge/controller under dash. Coupler connection for providing air to truck, trailer, and bike tires. (Upfitter Switch Controlled)
- Train airhorn installed under truck (Upfitter Switch Controlled)
- I also replaced the spare key/lock since it did not have the key
- I also add Cetane at every fill up
- SCT Livewire with tunes from Innovative
- trans oil change and added 08 filter and cover
- coolant flush and switch to Rotella ELC-Cat1 rated
- coolant filter system added
- differential fluid change to Royal Purple with 08 diff alum / slotted cover
- high idol mod (Upfitter Switch Controlled)
- Manual Fan Control (Upfitter Switch Controlled)
- Oil change Rotella Synthetic and Amsoil additive added
- Leece Neville 230 Alt with Overdrive pully
- FICMRepair Alternator Wiring kit & Fuse Holder w/250AMP fuse
- Battery Tender under hood
- 2 New Batteries

Not sure if considered stock : - ) But slightly modified to tow 14,500k fifth wheel.

Old 03-10-2019, 02:22 PM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Received 216 Likes on 145 Posts
Nice looking truck! What is the length of your trailer?

Old 03-10-2019, 02:35 PM
IHateCommieCars
Logistics Pro
Received 502 Likes on 359 Posts
Originally Posted by cbonet
2006 Ford F350 King Ranch Dully with 34,000 miles
WTH??? 34k??? Do you just tow it up and down your driveway?

Old 03-10-2019, 07:52 PM
cbonet
New User
Originally Posted by Excurvelle
Nice looking truck! What is the length of your trailer?
Thanks. It's about 43ft long. It's my first one. I figured I did not want to go through upgrades and was going to keep at least 10 years with kids.

Old 03-10-2019, 08:00 PM
cbonet
New User
Originally Posted by IHateCommieCars
WTH??? 34k??? Do you just tow it up and down your driveway?
Ha... I bought almost 3 years ago with 21,000 miles on it. I got that verified by having it taken to Ford dealership for inspection and validation. It was owned by some resort corporation and they put like 2,000 miles a year on it. The next owner put the other 10K on it. I try to drive it 2x a month and for camping trips. I estimate about 4 to 5k miles a year I will be putting on it. Hopefully next year I will add a lot more if I decide to go to the Grand Canyon!

I wonder if I should have put everything I have into it but I want to be able to drive it anywhere. STC, pipes, dummy plugs, cold intercooler tube, etc... are the last preventive maintenance items I have left (if I knew about STC, pipes and plugs when getting studded I would have gotten it done then.)

Old 03-12-2019, 10:01 AM
fuelsmoke1
More Turbo
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I just recently bought an 06 F250 ext cab 4x4 6.0 with a crank no start issue. It is stock, as in no tuner ever been in it, no mods. It has 208,000 miles.
All that said, it has had plenty of things replaced in its life. New HPOP, new STC fitting, new Turbo, Dummy plugs, Injectors(all 8), FICM(has a motorcraft reman on it), new radiator, water pump, all done by the previous(original) owner. I just replaced the IPR, it was old if not original. Did air test and put a new one in while i was there. It also has a new glow plug controller on it and I just replaced the ICP sensor. I think the HFCM might be dead but I need to do some testing to verify. I think that is what is causing the no start now that other things have been checked out to be good.
Still has stock original head gaskets and stock head bolts. From what the PO told me, it has had a long history of crank no start issues, thus all the replaced parts. Most done by Ford. Just in the last 2 years it had had 3 times crank no start. The last time did it for them, I bought it cheap taking a chance on it. They were tired of spending so much on it every time it did this. Every time they took it to Ford it cost them a grand or two at least. I can understand the thinking of ditching it. But I couldn't resist!!

Old 03-12-2019, 10:18 AM
bismic
Fleet Owner
Received 2,481 Likes on 1,720 Posts
IMO the previous owner was severely taken advantage of. No way all those things were actually bad - especially the HPOP. The 05 and up HPOP just doesn't go bad that often.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:39 AM
coolfeet
Fleet Mechanic
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
I have 823,000 miles on my E350 6.0 PSD. I got the van with 777,000 and put on 45k miles. Not sure if it's original or used engine. It was fleet maintained.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:23 AM
lostru
Mountain Pass
219K on my ole girl. Runs and drives great. Had to replace oil cooler and plugged the EGR while I was there. Also did stand pipes since I was that far in. Turbo Unison ring seized but that was due to me not driving her much anymore. Ive had worries in the past but all but a few were due to me reading on here too much.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:51 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
I'm at just under 129k. All stock except for a few of the essentials, like the blue spring and EGR and FP sensors added.

I was just this morning looking at floor stock on the website of my preferred Ford dealer. I guess I was lusting after a new 6.7 torque monster. But truth is, my old 6.0 does what I need and it would be foolish to get rid of her. We only drive it for vacations, other than a weekly trip to the bank to keep the batteries charged. I just checked my log and the last time I filled up the tank was in November. I'm on FTE every day, but I rarely check in here in the 6.0 section, which just shows that I haven't had a problem. I think what keeps me from buying a new truck is that I could not bear to see the old 6.0 be sold off, and having 2 in the family doesn't make sense either. And BTW, it is nice to see some of the old familiar names still posting here.

Thanks for all the mileage reports you all posted. I think the next time I feel lustful after a new 6.7, I will just come back here and read this thread. It's better than taking a cold shower.

Old 03-13-2019, 03:45 PM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Received 216 Likes on 145 Posts
You can replace the 6.0L many times over for the cost of a 6.7L.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:23 PM
Shaneb75
Strokin Okie

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
190k stock

Quick Reply: How many miles do you have on your stock 6.0