Anyone using these adapters....

Old 11-08-2018, 09:41 AM
mtl-diesel
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use the adapter available from Ford:

Ford Adaptor

My hitch is a Hijacker (now Demco).

Very happy with the performance and function. I setup a hoist in the garage to install and remove the hitch and adaptor as one unit. Super easy.

I had to modify the hitch as the Hijacker "pins" were not the same spacing as the adapter holes. Not sure if Demco has moved to the same standard as Reese. Just something to consider. Good luck!

Old 11-08-2018, 06:31 PM
charsf350
New User
Exclamation 5th wheel hitch. I have used the reese adapter with reg. hitch, with the puck system. worked good.

2013 F350 with under bed mount, went with the B&W companion, Works great Amazon about $1000. Check around they are from 900 --1000 Good Luck PS> The B&W is rated at 20K

Old 11-08-2018, 09:45 PM
Edd505
More Turbo
Received 155 Likes on 104 Posts
Originally Posted by Army RET
The internet says your hitch weighs in at OVER 200 pounds (divided over two pieces), that's more than I want to wrangle in/out of my bed. The AUH weighs just 1/5 that, 40 pounds.
Guess I'm spoiled like mtl-diesel. I pull in the shop attach the over head winch and push a button & drive out from under. 200 LBS? It's 200lbs that works with no adapters and no added height.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:53 AM
acadianbob
Cargo Master
Received 527 Likes on 297 Posts
Originally Posted by mtl-diesel
I use the adapter available from Ford:

Ford Adaptor

My hitch is a Hijacker (now Demco).
Looks like a re-badged Reese.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:11 AM
Army RET
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Edd505
Guess I'm spoiled like mtl-diesel. I pull in the shop attach the over head winch and push a button & drive out from under. 200 LBS? It's 200lbs that works with no adapters and no added height.
This gentleman is struggling; after storing his AUH he must return to the truck and retrieve the removable goose-neck ball.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:15 PM
mtl-diesel
Senior User
Originally Posted by acadianbob
Looks like a re-badged Reese.
Yup. It would make sense. I may be wrong but I believe if you purchase the hitch from Ford, it is indeed a Reese.

My setup works great!

Old 11-17-2018, 08:40 AM
Tony89
New User
I’ve tried a Reese gooseneck and a B&W on two different trucks. They are both really good but I tend to prefer the B&W. I prefer gooseneck over 5th wheel rail mount personally, but I can see why you might not agree. This list has B&W at the top too: http://topautotools.com/best-gooseneck-hitch-towing-truck-bed/

Old 11-17-2018, 09:14 AM
jws24
Senior User
Originally Posted by Army RET
their own version of the AUH = Anderson Ultimate Hitch ????

I used one today, my first pull with it (16K). Neither impressed (nor depressed), it was just another tool; but I do like it's lightness, easily remove-ability, and possible angle of hitching/ unhitching - meaning it may grow on me as I use those features.

Speaking of it I just remembered, I need to remove my rear seat center headrest, it blocked my view while hitching; I don't believe my two dogs will care.
You can also just lean the seat down until hooked up........😬

Old 12-09-2018, 03:54 PM
BSHGTO
Trailering
yep

I use the Resse adapter cause I was to cheap to buy another hitch after just buying a new unit and new truck. Has worked well and is solid. Like you with my last hitch I used a winch set up in the garage and it was a PITA, like what do you do with it after it`s hanging in the air, just 4 more steps to get it to the corner of the garage so you don`t trip over it, then repeat. Coming from an Pull Rite slider your still heavier than the adapter and AU so like the fella in the picture I think we are the ones that are spoiled now. Others take note.

Last edited by BSHGTO; 12-09-2018 at 03:55 PM. Reason: sp
Old 12-09-2018, 04:27 PM
Edd505
More Turbo
Show me one B&W that has done this and I'll buy a new hitch. May not happen often but I'm not taking the chance it's mine, the electric lift a small price to pay knowing I will never have a issue with failure. Plus Anderson has a huge foot print.you lose a ton of bed space.

Old 12-09-2018, 05:22 PM
BSHGTO
Trailering
It`s obvious people that use this picture of one failure to try and prove my money was well spent and yours wasn`t did not read the engineers report on why this happened. There are plenty of failures for all the different hitches (look you`ll find them) but for some reason the AU has it`s haters. One concept most of them discount all together is ANYTHING manufactured by humans will have a small percentage of failures, hence warranties. Does your wonder hitch have a warranty? OOpPs look one broke because it was installed and used incorrectly....this dose not make for a products death sentence. There hundreds of high hitch failures cause by the old standard at least with this one it`s either on or off.

Old 12-09-2018, 06:27 PM
Edd505
More Turbo
Originally Posted by BSHGTO
It`s obvious people that use this picture of one failure to try and prove my money was well spent and yours wasn`t did not read the engineers report on why this happened. There are plenty of failures for all the different hitches (look you`ll find them) but for some reason the AU has it`s haters. One concept most of them discount all together is ANYTHING manufactured by humans will have a small percentage of failures, hence warranties. Does your wonder hitch have a warranty? OOpPs look one broke because it was installed and used incorrectly....this dose not make for a products death sentence. There hundreds of high hitch failures cause by the old standard at least with this one it`s either on or off.
Didn't say I hated them, what I said was show me ONE picture of a B&W that structurally failed. If it's failed it was not installed correctly OR it was not hooked correctly. Your Reese adapter raised the height of the hitch didn't it? I din't want the added height so I went B&W, not because it was cheap, because it works.

Old 12-09-2018, 09:50 PM
Army RET
Posting Guru
I will not say this with certainty but it has previously been explained that the above failure occurred AFTER the driver rear-ended a semi.
True or false, I don't know.
YMMV.

Old 12-10-2018, 02:59 PM
spud57
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Didn't say I hated them, what I said was show me ONE picture of a B&W that structurally failed. If it's failed it was not installed correctly OR it was not hooked correctly. Your Reese adapter raised the height of the hitch didn't it? I din't want the added height so I went B&W, not because it was cheap, because it works.
How about one where the head ripped off in a quick maneuver.

Old 12-10-2018, 03:14 PM
Army RET
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by spud57
How about one where the head ripped off in a quick maneuver.

Quicker than rear-ending a semi?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone using these adapters....