1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

86 ford f150 302 efi throttle wont respond

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 04:52 PM
Mark James Newburn
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
86 ford f150 302 efi throttle wont respond

Ok so idk if this a wire isssue or what but what going on is i can get my truck to run and idle with the idle screw turn all the way up but i cant get the damn thing to let me give it gas i test the signal wire and it getting 5 volts and the ground is good but i dont why its not responding could a diffent sensor make the computer think its not on or whats going on?

Old 07-18-2018, 05:03 PM
Franklin2
Received 1,680 Likes on 1,357 Posts
As you are working on this, are you re-checking codes? You have several threads about your problems, and I believe they are all related to a problem or problems you are still searching for. Someone reading this thread without reading the others will not know all the fun you have been having, and all the previous advice we have given.

Have you gotten rid of any of the old codes you were getting before?

Old 07-18-2018, 05:36 PM
Mark James Newburn
Freshman User
I have got rid of some code like the tps and map but Map.keep coming back and the egr and somedays new codes appear and alot of them are stuff i replaced before so im to the point now where i just want it to at least make it driveable to a.mechanic so they can figure out whats going on here but idk why its not picking up im thinkin that truck computer doesnt know if the truck is running but idk anymore

Old 07-18-2018, 05:37 PM
Mark James Newburn
Freshman User
I also know i have no vacuum to the egr, map and fuel regulator but every hoes i check seems fine

Old 07-18-2018, 07:49 PM
Franklin2
Received 1,680 Likes on 1,357 Posts
The map sensor is pretty important. You can get a piece of hose, find a unused port somewhere that has vacuum all the time, plug the hose in and run it over to the MAP to get it going.

The EGR is just fluff for now, do not worry about it. It can leak and cause problems, I would unbolt it, make a metal block off gasket out of a pop can, and bolt it back on.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:54 PM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
My fear is an under-hood fire destroyed some wiring, and you are the next person to try and clean up the mess that left.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:30 PM
Mark James Newburn
Freshman User
I got a question if i sprayed ether down the intake when its at idle should my truck rev up bc when i sprayed it down it had no change and i had.ot wide open and the last time i ran it like that it rev

also i wouldnt.doubt that the shady basterd mechanic i bought it off rig it because he recomended i change it to.carb

Old 07-18-2018, 11:16 PM
matthewq4b
Post Fiend
Received 114 Likes on 97 Posts
Ok so how many new threads on these issues are you going to start ? Do one and stick to it. All this jumping around make it way to difficult to keep track of.. ALL these problem are cause of the same thing. Wiring issues. If you can't even keep this on one thread so the diagnostics can be done step by step how do you ever expect to fix these issues. ?

Old 07-19-2018, 11:38 AM
Mark James Newburn
Freshman User
  1. Here the thing its not a wiring issue i all ready fix the wiring and same **** it always pulls so it is not the problem
  2. When you open in fully and give it extra fuel it has no response and supposedly if you reground the tps that **** is supposed to work and it doesnt at this point i want to get it where i can go to a mechanic and hve him fix it i already threw 1800 down it and im done guessing what it is

Old 07-19-2018, 12:39 PM
matthewq4b
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Mark James Newburn
  1. Here the thing its not a wiring issue i all ready fix the wiring and same **** it always pulls so it is not the problem
  2. When you open in fully and give it extra fuel it has no response and supposedly if you reground the tps that **** is supposed to work and it doesnt at this point i want to get it where i can go to a mechanic and hve him fix it i already threw 1800 down it and im done guessing what it is
Yes but you already started 2 threads and ALL this is related did you fix the sig return ? and check for continuity afterwards ? And there was still no continuity between the MAP and TPS. But you had to fix the signal return first. So was the continuity between the TPS and MAP fixed ? Have you checked for continuity on all the TPS circuits ? Have you checked for signal voltage ? Have you rung the circuits out to the ECU.? Have you function tested the components for proper operation... Have you checked for cross feeding to another circuit ? Unless you have done all this the wiring is not sorted out.
So you started another thread instead of sticking to one and following through on the step by step to the solve the base issue. Electrical issues especially wiring require methodical step by step diagnosis. Anything less and you will just be chasing your tail in a circle and never solve the issue.

Old 07-19-2018, 02:13 PM
Mark James Newburn
Freshman User
The wiring is all sort ands its good is has no more wiring issues as of right now and this isnt related to the other two post and one post was about normal ect voltage
with all that said

it still.run like crap and spraying more gas while its running it bogs downs and tries to die i dont think my truck is giving a weak spark where it cant burn its fuel and when it gets to the M it dies and wont start until it.cools

Old 07-19-2018, 02:36 PM
matthewq4b
Post Fiend
The wiring is all sort ands its good is has no more wiring issues as of right now and this isnt related to the other two post and one post was about normal ect voltage
with all that said

it still.run like crap and spraying more gas while its running it bogs downs and tries to die i dont think my truck is giving a weak spark where it cant burn its fuel and when it gets to the M it dies and wont start until it.cools
So you did all the above ?
And if the throttle wont respond and the TPS is new as you state and done all the above then the wiring is NOT sorted out or it would function, even without a TPS the engine would still rev up.

Old 07-19-2018, 04:43 PM
Mark James Newburn
Freshman User
Correct i throws code for egr but the egr is **** i got it from a doner truck Map has no vaccum going to it , Tps is giving signal back to the ecm but it has a hard time running and with idle screw all the way up it idles and if you try feeding carb cleaner dowb it its bogs out like it cant handle more fuel

Old 07-19-2018, 04:46 PM
Mark James Newburn
Freshman User
It will idle until it get to operating temp and it sputters and dies

Old 07-19-2018, 06:58 PM
matthewq4b
Post Fiend
Correct i throws code for egr but the egr is **** i got it from a doner truck Map has no vaccum going to it , Tps is giving signal back to the ecm but it has a hard time running and with idle screw all the way up it idles and if you try feeding carb cleaner dowb it its bogs out like it cant handle more fuel

You need vacuum to the MAP it is one of the major sensors for the motor .. And you never answered if you fixed the wire between the TPS and MAP. Those 2 things alone would result in no throttle response.

Quick Reply: 86 ford f150 302 efi throttle wont respond