2021+ Bronco Discussion for the upcoming 2021 Ford Bronco!

2020 Ford Bronco Interior and Specs - What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 01:01 PM
CJ455
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 Ford Bronco Interior and Specs - What do you guys think?

Hi all,

I'm curious as to what you guys think would make the 2020 Ford Bronco interior amazing? As in, what features would you guys want the interior to have?
My father in law is super stoked about the Bronco and talks about it every chance he can get (he just discovered his passion for off-roading). It's gotten me and my wife thinking about getting him one for his 60th birthday..

Old 07-18-2018, 11:44 PM
SDDL-UP
Laughing Gas
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
I think an interior with a removable top would be fantastic! Seats would be nice too.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:55 AM
CJ455
Freshman User
That would be seriously awesome. Removable tops really make off-roading a whole other experience.

I wonder what kind of seat choices/features they'll offer. I agree it would be nice to have removable seats- would be useful to carry all that camping/outdoorsy gear.

Old 07-24-2018, 04:22 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Something rugged enough for off-roading etc. Be able to take a little water inside.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:16 PM
Johnny Mayday
FTE Town Crier
Agreed with the comments about a rugged, weather-ready interior. It also would be awesome if there's an option for a removable roof, like the Wrangler. My buddy has one, and we've be rolling in in sans doors for the last couple weeks. Good times!

I don't think the platform will support taking the Bronco's doors off easily, but hey, I can keep my fingers crossed!

Old 09-11-2018, 01:54 PM
CJ455
Freshman User
Yes! Removable roof and good with taking water in. Can't wait until they release some more info!

Old 10-05-2018, 10:49 PM
Papa Tiger
Temporarily Deactivated
Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts
Like the Idea of a High water air intake for the motor 2

Old 12-30-2018, 02:19 PM
Stampede.Offroad
Senior User
Originally Posted by CJ455
I'm curious as to what you guys think would make the 2020 Ford Bronco interior amazing? As in, what features would you guys want the interior to have?...
Having a roll cage that doesn't look like **** would be a nice start. I find the bulky irregular shapes of the Wrangler's cage to look like garbage from an aesthetic point of view. It is one of the reasons that a removable roof does not appeal to me in either the Wrangler or Bronco ... my expectations for what will have to be done to make it safe and cheap enough for mass production are very low.

Metal parts that will actually stand the test of use and time, and not of a bunch of plastic. Even if it is "chrome" plated plastic, or wood/carbon-fiber vinyl wrapped plastic, no one is fooled, especially when it starts to wear. In the new Ranger all manner of *****, levers, and trim panels are made of plastic, and half of them are pretending to be metal.

Having the option for leather without being saddled with a bunch of electrowidgets that ruin the driving experience. The packages are nearly always set up to force you to take a bunch of "driver assistance" nonsense if you want leather seats or some other type of premium materials feature. Example, you can't even get a leather wrapped steering wheel in an XLT Ranger without upgrading your infotainment system, and the leather seats are only available at Lariat level.

There needs to be space for auxiliary switches/equipment, and an electrical system capable of supporting it. Radio, lights, winches, air compressor, etc. its nice not to have to carve holes in the dash to make room for these. This is one of the things I'm looking for that I actually believe there is a high probability of it being offered.

I completely expect that I will have to buy a nearly base model, and add the interior finishes I want myself. Manufacturers are always trying to pad trims and packages with all sorts of nonsesne that costs nothing to make, so they can charge a few extra thousand -- when all you wanted was one or two pieces on a big list of prerequisite equipment.

Old 12-31-2018, 11:39 AM
PrescottIce
Elder User
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm not certain how Ford's special order system is, but I'm told Jeep has their system set up so that eveything can be ala carte (provided there are no functional conflicts, like optioning a power sunroof on a soft top). It is my understanding that the dealerships don't like/want to custom order, and the people who have the skills, time, and patience to custom order every option are few and far between - but it can be done. It would be really nice if Ford had an equivalent process, but like you said, they make more profit selling you a mandatory-optioned vehicle. It isn't in the best interests of their shareholders.

None of the manufacturers are looking to make a vehicle intended to last 40-50 years anymore... it doesn't make economic sense for them. What they would have to charge to make more durable parts would price them out of the market, let alone the added weight penalties of "old school" materials and construction when facing fuel economy standards. People complain about their power door locks going bad on an 18 year-old work truck that has been through 3 owners... jeez, it's a $25 part that lasted 18 years; how much "better" do they want it to be? Enough for it to increase the base price of the vehicle by 1/3? I'd be happier if they would simply market OEM parts at a reasonable price so that wear or failure items can be replaced affordably.

In my experience, most of the modern plastic parts themselves are pretty durable; it's the finishes that suffer. My guess is that automakers secretly don't want to sell a car that will look new for an extended period of time, as that would provide little contrast with what they will have on the lot in 3 years and limited incentive for the consumer to buy a new car over a used one.

I think plastic parts are going to be the norm for a while, there are currently no viable alternatives from the perspectives of weight, production, and cost. I wholeheartedly agree that the faux metal or carbon finishes are lipstick on a pig, but the other alternative is to wind up with a plastic interior that looks like... a 1970's Datsun interior. I think we can all agree we don't want that!

Old 01-10-2019, 05:25 AM
JKBrad
Received 804 Likes on 589 Posts
Plain Wranglers sell very well. The reason is that the Jeep aftermarket is so big that it makes customizing easy and fun. Ford really needs to work with the aftermarket so that there are options available right away.

As for what I’d like to see, less is more. Make it as uncomplicated as possible. Instead of a built in infotainment screen, have a water resistant tablet that can be easily removed. It would operate via Bluetooth and only need to be docked for charging and to keep it secured while the vehicle is moving.

Seats should be treated for water resistance as well. Carpet that can easily be removed for cleaning and preferably made from Bed Rug material vs the standard pile used in most cars today.

Tougher seat belt material with available colors like yellow and orange that will clean up easy instead of the ones inmost cars that get permanently stained.

Simple, rugged and fun. If they follow that formula the Bronco will sell like hotcakes. It should NOT be a rugged looking luxury off roader like the failed Hummer brand was.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:00 PM
PrescottIce
Elder User
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JKBrad
Plain Wranglers sell very well. The reason is that the Jeep aftermarket is so big that it makes customizing easy and fun. Ford really needs to work with the aftermarket so that there are options available right away.
Exactly. Jeeps are the "Barbie Dolls" of the 4x4 world, you can dress them up every which way. It would be nice if there was a way that Ford could replicate certain attachment points and blend corresponding body lines on the Bronco so that a portion of the existing Jeep aftermarket would bolt right up - bumpers, mirrors, racks, rock rails, light bars... instant aftermarket support.

Old 03-12-2019, 08:12 PM
JKBrad
Received 804 Likes on 589 Posts
Let's not call them Barbie Dolls. Lego sets or even Mr Potato Heads works better.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:26 PM
SDDL-UP
Laughing Gas
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
The interior of a Bronco is about the LAST thing that makes a Bronco a Bronco. No Bronco owner I've ever known has ever started talking about their Bronco with an interior feature....EVER! LOL!

As long as the outside really is BRONCO, most owners aren't going to care what "features" the inside has. It will be light years better than the last generation anyway!

Old 10-24-2019, 05:55 AM
Papa Tiger
Temporarily Deactivated
Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts
Hopefully the New BRonco won't be a Body Shop Doll, but most likely it will be just another pretty 4X4 county road queen. Nothing here but a SUV name Wid Bronco.

Old 10-28-2019, 07:03 PM
stephen.osborne1
Cargo Master
Received 178 Likes on 126 Posts
I'd like to see 2 or 3 sticks in the interior... And a clutch pedal. Boost gauge, too. Front and rear locker switches.

Quick Reply: 2020 Ford Bronco Interior and Specs - What do you guys think?