Zf5 - 47 rebuild questions - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Zf5 - 47 rebuild questions

Old Yesterday, 12:04 AM
Eppidemic
Freshman User
Eppidemic is starting off with a positive reputation.
Zf5 - 47 rebuild questions

Hopefully this will be short and sweet, but like so many things everybody has their own opinion and there's rarely a consensus. My synchros and my transmission is shot. I have a new to me truck with the rebuilt motor, but possibly up to 300,000 miles on my transmission. I'm going to rebuild it this winter and rather than just go for the synchros I would like to do a full rebuild. Synchros, bearings, and any other wear parts. Basically I just want to know where I can get a really good rebuild kit for a fair price. I've seen random stuff online but I have no idea what's good and who sells the best components. I've seen prices from 352 up to $600. All different kinds of rebuild kits. Assuming my gears and shafts and shifting linkage is all fine. What kit should I get?

Old Yesterday, 05:40 AM
EPNCSU2006
Post Fiend
EPNCSU2006 has a very good reputation on FTE.EPNCSU2006 has a very good reputation on FTE.EPNCSU2006 has a very good reputation on FTE.EPNCSU2006 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I would go for OE ZF parts. Think about how long the original parts lasted. I ordered parts from General Truck parts when I rebuilt the ZF in my truck back in 2010.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
ZF - S547_SpareParts.pdf (1.06 MB, 1 views)
Old Yesterday, 11:53 AM
Eppidemic
Freshman User
Eppidemic is starting off with a positive reputation.
Do I have to piece together everything off their website? Does somebody sell the kit?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.