Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do from here?

Old 07-15-2018, 08:44 AM
Walleye Hunter
Postmaster
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
ICP sensors are pricey and I wouldn't buy one unless/until it was diagnosed as bad. When they go they usually have oil weeping through to the connectors. If you unplug the ICP the PCM will issue a default code and the truck will run, just not as well as it does with a good sensor in place. Having replaced injector O rings, some could have gotten damaged upon installation, it happens. You can test them by pressurizing the HPO rails with air and listening for the oil gurgling past them.

Old 07-15-2018, 09:15 AM
Jaime74656
Another cautionary tale
Jaime74656 is a name known to allJaime74656 is a name known to allJaime74656 is a name known to allJaime74656 is a name known to allJaime74656 is a name known to allJaime74656 is a name known to all
Before you go throwing parts at the problem(s) I would suggest searching Torque Pro FAQ and reading the info and getting torque pro or lite, then gather the numbers that the machine that is FTE brotherhood can crunch and possibly come up with a solution that will help

Old 07-15-2018, 10:57 AM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
With vc's off, check the injectors eith a straight edge. Also, look up and do the CODY TEST. Im with walkeye, think anboring or4 has been compromised with the #'s your seeing

Old 07-15-2018, 11:15 AM
Cojak
New User
Cojak is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
ICP sensors are pricey and I wouldn't buy one unless/until it was diagnosed as bad. When they go they usually have oil weeping through to the connectors. If you unplug the ICP the PCM will issue a default code and the truck will run, just not as well as it does with a good sensor in place. Having replaced injector O rings, some could have gotten damaged upon installation, it happens. You can test them by pressurizing the HPO rails with air and listening for the oil gurgling past them.

thats a a good idea. I hadnít thought of that yet.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:22 AM
Cojak
New User
Cojak is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Jaime74656 View Post
Before you go throwing parts at the problem(s) I would suggest searching Torque Pro FAQ and reading the info and getting torque pro or lite, then gather the numbers that the machine that is FTE brotherhood can crunch and possibly come up with a solution that will help
at one time I bought one of those elm327 connectors and downloaded torque pro, but never could get the connector to power on so I sent it back. Do you know of a good brand to try?

Old 07-15-2018, 11:54 AM
Walleye Hunter
Postmaster
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
I got a Veepeak for iPad, can't help you with a bluetooth but I have heard that there are a lot of bad products in that department.

Old 07-15-2018, 01:59 PM
coax9952
Athletic Supporter
coax9952 has a good reputation on FTE.coax9952 has a good reputation on FTE.coax9952 has a good reputation on FTE.
Amazon / BAFX / 23$ / Torque Pro / 4.99$ =

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.