GM to go to mix materials in 2019

Notices
2015+ F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM to go to mix materials in 2019

Old 07-13-2018, 10:00 PM
tseekins
tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Old 07-13-2018, 11:49 PM
CuNmUdF250
Posting Guru
CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.
I obviously prefer Ford but I’d be open to whoever is putting out a solid product whether it was made of steel or aluminum or bubble gum wrappers. I feel like everyone in the game is offering something legit. Paying with my money I’d buy Ford but I’ll take whatever someone wants to give me as like I said they are all coming strong as they know the truck market is their cash cow now.

Old 07-14-2018, 10:22 AM
GABAR
Posting Guru
GABAR is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I guess GM will have to come out with some new commercials or at the least, a very good explanation.

I`m sure the Ford F150 engineers are just smiling and shaking their heads and the Ford/F150 marketing team are going to have some great commercials in 2019.

Old 07-14-2018, 11:36 AM
scott91370
Elder User
scott91370 has a good reputation on FTE.scott91370 has a good reputation on FTE.
First they make fun of the old man step and now GMC has one. Next they make fun of the aluminum and here we are...Guess as long as they don't make the inside of the bed out of it they can keep poking at Ford for using it.

Old 07-14-2018, 12:21 PM
GABAR
Posting Guru
GABAR is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by scott91370 View Post
First they make fun of the old man step and now GMC has one. Next they make fun of the aluminum and here we are...Guess as long as they don't make the inside of the bed out of it they can keep poking at Ford for using it.
Very true.

That new tailgate is over engineered and in some cases, not practical. I hope they put some kind of lock on it because I can see it being a high theft item not to mention that cost of replacement which i`m sure will be required after any type of rear end collision.

Old 07-14-2018, 03:41 PM
Delta Echo
Senior User
Delta Echo is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I still won't consider one until they drop the cylinder deactivation.

I wonder if they will get their head out of their *** and use paint on the frame, or stick with their garbage wax dip?

Old 07-14-2018, 11:21 PM
Beachums
Senior User
Beachums has a good reputation on FTE.Beachums has a good reputation on FTE.
If you read the article, there's a link to another article that talks about GMC offering a carbon fiber bed option. Clicky Interesting stuff.
Bottom line, all of the this competition is good for us.
I just hope Ford copies the screen that Fiat ahem,Dodge ahem, RAM copied from the Tesla in the next interior refresh/redesign. That thing is sweet.

Old 07-15-2018, 06:32 AM
tseekins
tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Beachums View Post
If you read the article, there's a link to another article that talks about GMC offering a carbon fiber bed option. Clicky Interesting stuff.
Bottom line, all of the this competition is good for us.
I just hope Ford copies the screen that Fiat ahem,Dodge ahem, RAM copied from the Tesla in the next interior refresh/redesign. That thing is sweet.

Good point sir. I think the bed sides will be carbon fiber while the bed floor will remain steel. GM will no doubt focus on that while they continue to bash Ford.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:04 AM
MattOzzz
Junior User
MattOzzz is starting off with a positive reputation.

First thing I'd do with this tailgate is leave it down and back into a pole. Wonder how much that'd cost?

matt

Old 07-16-2018, 06:36 AM
smokewagun
Elder User
smokewagun is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.smokewagun is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yep. Typical GM. Not an innovator, but a follower. Always bashing Ford, but then sucking it up and following right behind. Why is it that GM ALWAYS seems to come up with designs that are just half-arsed attempts to compete after the fact? You heard it here... that tailgate will be a jumbled mess after a few years of salt and use. After repeated use, the step will
sag and become a bungee cord companion, because it won't lock and will rattle. They STILL can't stop the burned out running lights from broken filaments due to rattling bulbs. I've even seen several LED GM trucks with an LED band out completely, or missing a few LED's. Good luck, GM. You're gonna need it.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:37 AM
ghunt
Postmaster
ghunt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ghunt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Wow that tailgate looks complicated. I see a lot of trucks with bashed up tailgates, especially dents on the top. I wonder if a dent on top would jamp up the fancy step/half gate thing?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: