2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

State Inspection

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 05:24 PM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by bigred460ci
Yes the insanity doesn't stop here in the Commonwealth.
Now the inspection stations are required to have a 5 camera system to record the inspection.
YUP... he's right... inspections are now recorded.

Trust me I completely agree with the state being in your pocket. The Northeast is a strange place. You can pretty much do anything you want in Vermont and NH.... and CT and NY limit your 2A rights even more than Massachusetts.... of course it could be better but it could also be worse...could live in California! lol

Old 07-13-2018, 05:49 PM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by djjoshuad
Texas is a property tax state. We don't tax income of any sort, including pensions and retirement funds. Usually for retirees, an income tax state is more desirable since theoretically what you own free and clear by that point in life is more valuable than your income. If you save up for your entire career, then come here and drop all that money on the retirement property of your dreams, you'll be on the hook for a substantial chunk of change every year until you die. Then someone else will have to start paying that bill. Depending on where you drop anchor, that could be as much as 4-5% of the property value annually.
We have been researching, we have income tax, some of the highest in the country, and property tax. and from what we have read due to age we can get property tax discounts above a certain, homestead, and school tax reductions. We are also considering Nevada.

Old 07-14-2018, 08:02 AM
NorEasterMA
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Also a MA resident here. My truck came from a dealer in Haverhill who, after asking me to come back a week after I took delivery for the inspection, stated that they "couldn't do it" because it was "too big". You SOLD ME THE TRUCK!!! There were a few other little aggravations so after a short and curt conversation with the sales manager, I haven't been back since. Imagine selling a truck and then claiming a week later you can't inspect it! Ah well, I have been going to the same place in Arlington, MA for years and that hasn't changed. He's one of the only commercial truck stations in the area. Even though it's still a passenger vehicle and costs $35 or whatever, it still needs to be a commercial station.

Old 07-14-2018, 08:34 AM
Wes Hightower
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lawnspecialties
NC is a fairly laid back state for the most part. But they will take your money if they can as with most other states. We're definitely one of those states that if you're pulling a toy hauler thousands of lbs. past your GCWR, NCHP still won't really care.
Two things that I know some other states don't do but NC does: vehicle state inspections including emissions and NC property tax every year on your car's value. Its a racket.
Only Alamance, Buncombe, Cabarrus, Cumberland, Davidson, Durham, Forsyth, Franklin, Gaston, Guilford, Iredell, Johnston, Lee, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, New Hanover, Onslow, Randolph, Rockingham, Rowan, Union and Wake require emissions testing of the 100 total counties. The rest only require a lame safety inspection. All in all, it's a money grab as there's vehicles still on the road held together with duct tape and para cord.

Old 07-14-2018, 08:45 AM
Collision
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think Pa has it the worst for the first gen super duty f250s, emissions testing has to be done on a Dyno for them... Can't just use the obd port