New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

long time lurker, trekgurl from North Carolina

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 12:46 PM
trekgurl
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
long time lurker, trekgurl from North Carolina

hello ya'll,

yeah I'm about as southern fried as you can get,,, :-)

I lurked on this board for many years as a guest and just recently joined January 2018. I’m a Ford girl,, from way back, as my first car was given to me by a favorite Uncle, a 1965 Ford Ranch Wagon, which I loved but had to give back to my Dad as his work truck broke down. My next "car" was a 1974 Ford Bronco and I drove it 11 years 181,000 miles (alot of gear shifting) and sold it (always regretted that). My next car wasn't one, a 1947 Indian and while it wasn't my everyday driver I kept it about 10 yrs and sold it. It was neat to have but people just acted to crazy around it. I wanted another Bronco too. Then that same Uncle gave me his 1990's E-350 van, which I loved because it was set up as a camper. I had to give it back :-( when he passed (to keep the peace in the family with my crazy Aunt). I really hated that because my Uncle wanted me to have it. Then came my Aerostar era,,, not one but two cargo vans (1995, and 1997),,,and I got almost 300,000 mile on the 97(original trans and engine) but it was ready for the graveyard too. During that time I lucked on to a 1969 Bronco which I've been fixing up and this past January 2018 I bought a 2013 E250 cargo van that I’m going to use to tow the bronco. I got a new trailer to haul the bronco but still trying to get it set up (it needs d-rings, tie down straps and I haven't been able to get my lights to work) :-(.

So while I've mostly driven fords with a Chevrolet and an Oldsmobile mixed in I think I've earned my Blue Oval and its in my DNA. During all that time I had Uncles and my Daddy I could always ask questions to about my mess, but sadly most have passed. You know going to the dealer just isn't what it used to be either so that's a poor option. I try and read and figure out as much as I can on this board and now maybe ask a question or two.

I've been a member of Classicbroncos.com for a while and now that I have the E250 van I'll be on here some. I also go saltwater fishing a lot, some camping etc so I’m trying to make the E250 into a camper, expedition, tow pig, go to take naps in type vehicle. My friends call me the crazy van lady.

so just saying hello,, and I'll probably have more questions than answers. I mostly lurk and read what others are doing.

trekgurl

Old 07-13-2018, 09:58 AM
MrMajestyk
Laughing Gas
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Welcome to the FTE Trekgurl

Thanks for taking the time to share such a Fantastic intro with a Picture