Anyway to modify 2.5” ready lift to 2” - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Anyway to modify 2.5” ready lift to 2”

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Old 07-11-2018, 10:34 PM
Ra6hc
Freshman User
Ra6hc is starting off with a positive reputation.

So I have a 17 CCSB with plow prep package with a 2.5” ready lift leveling kit with track bar relocate. My measurements are showing the front about 1/4” higher then the rear. I’d like to gain a little more rake to it. There is a spacer ring that sits on top of the ready lift spacer on the top of the spring. Any reason I couldn’t remove that additional spacer to drop the front a little bit. I have a certain stance I’m going for and I’m close but not there yet!

Old 07-11-2018, 10:47 PM
ArcticCircle
Junior User
ArcticCircle is starting off with a positive reputation.
How long have you had it installed? I have the same kit and mine took about 2 weeks to settle down to its final resting height, which is about a half inch lower than the rear. Even after that, from the side perspective, it looks dead level or even a tad nose high. I wouldn't remove any of the rubber spacers, as those are there by design and do have function. Your best bet is to swap the 2 1/2" spacers for 2" spacers. I would venture to guess you could leave the relocation bracket and all of the other hardware in place. Also, regardless of level height, do yourself a favor and install castor bushings that allow for more castor. This will help drivability immensely.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:53 PM
Ra6hc
Freshman User
Originally Posted by ArcticCircle View Post
How long have you had it installed? I have the same kit and mine too about 2 weeks to settle down to its final resting height, which is about a half inch lower than the rear. Even after that, from the side perspective, it looks dead level or even a tad nose high. I wouldn't remove any of the rubber spacers, as those are there by design and do have function. Your best best is to swap the 2 1/2 spacers for 2" spacers. I would venture to guess you could leave the relocation bracket and all of the other hardware in place. Also, regardless of level height, do yourself a favor and install castor bushings that allow for more castor. This will help drivability immensely.
It’s been on for about 8 months now. Ride is perfect, zero issues. Does ready lift sell a 2” spacer that I could swap out?

Old 07-11-2018, 10:58 PM
TXSD6.2
Senior User
TXSD6.2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lots of people sell 2" spacers. They don't have to be readylift brand, they are just hunks of metal.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Front-Lev...E/221707302780

Old 07-11-2018, 11:03 PM
Ra6hc
Freshman User
Originally Posted by TXSD6.2 View Post
Lots of people sell 2" spacers. They don't have to be readylift brand, they are just hunks of metal.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Front-Lev...E/221707302780
I understand that. Those block spacers bolt under the spring where as there readylift mounts over the top of the spring. I didn’t know if ready lift made a 2” top spacer that would work with the original kit I have. I guess I can always just remove the ready lift spacer, buy the bottoms block spacer and leave the shock relocate brackets on.

Old 07-12-2018, 12:35 AM
TXSD6.2
Senior User
TXSD6.2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
You can definitely do that. It doesn't matter if you add the extra height (spacers) at the top of the spring or below. I run a 2.5" Rugged Country leveling kit, which has coil perch spacers (under the springs) that you can't see, it's the same thing in the end. Your shock extenders, track bar relocation bracket, sway bar drop brackets, etc. can all stay the same as they are now.

Just like if I decide down the road that I'd like to take my 2.5" spacers out and replace them with Carli 2.5" lift coils, I can do that and leave the rest of the components of my original leveling kit in place (although I'd really like to eventually replace the track bar relocation bracket with an adjustable track bar).

Go for it if you need to drop the front end .5"

Old 07-12-2018, 05:24 AM
zeroo
Senior User
zeroo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Ra6hc View Post

I understand that. Those block spacers bolt under the spring where as there readylift mounts over the top of the spring. I didn’t know if ready lift made a 2” top spacer that would work with the original kit I have. I guess I can always just remove the ready lift spacer, buy the bottoms block spacer and leave the shock relocate brackets on.
Readylift also sells bolt on spacer blocks. I have the ready lift blocks and curious as to the difference, or why one would choose one over the other.

Old 07-12-2018, 05:40 AM
rfbrain
Senior User
rfbrain is starting off with a positive reputation.
or you could buy 4" rear axle blocks and replace the stock 3 1/4" ones which would lift the rear 3/4".

Old 07-13-2018, 10:28 PM
Danny26
New User
Danny26 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have the same issue. Mine sits the same height front and back with the 2.5 readylift and plow prep, but looks nose high. Readylift makes 2.5 springs now, so I ordered those and am installing them monday which they clame should lower it .5 - 1 inch.

Old 07-14-2018, 09:45 AM
briangp
Senior User
briangp is starting off with a positive reputation.
Or you could change out the block in the rear axle? That actually might be easier, bring it up an inch or so and you'll be golden. Those are cheap too...

Old 07-14-2018, 09:46 AM
CO Wapiti
Senior User
CO Wapiti is starting off with a positive reputation.
You could get Precision Metal Fabrication’s 4 inch rear blocks to raise the rear as suggested. That will raise your rear end 3/4 of an inch and you should be able to use your stock U bolts. Check to see how much thread you have left on the U bolts now. The center of the rear blocks on my F350 measured 3 1/4 inches. A lot of blocks that are sold as 4 inch and 5 inch are actually off by as much as 1/2 inch. PMF’s are spot on, so you know exactly what you are getting.
I have the same 2 1/2 inch leveling kit with snow plow springs and my rear end was too low for my liking while towing so I used PMF’s 4 1/2 inch blocks to add 1 1/4 inches to the rear. I did have to get new U bolts for that much lift though. The blocks are pure quality and you can get them for air bags too if you think you would add them some day.

Old 07-14-2018, 11:59 AM
willynilly
Senior User
willynilly is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Danny26 View Post
I have the same issue. Mine sits the same height front and back with the 2.5 readylift and plow prep, but looks nose high. Readylift makes 2.5 springs now, so I ordered those and am installing them monday which they clame should lower it .5 - 1 inch.
​​​​​​​ive seen quit a few of these trucks around my neck of the woods with level kits, probably 2.5" and they definatly look nose high to me. i guess the owners dont mind the saggy look. i want to beat my head on the steering wheel everytime i see one

Old 07-14-2018, 05:16 PM
DeputyDiesel
Senior User
DeputyDiesel is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Danny26 View Post
please let me know the results from this. My plan is the springs as well but there’s no reviews on them. Is yours a 6.7?

Old 07-15-2018, 01:19 AM
Danny26
New User
Danny26 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by DeputyDiesel View Post

please let me know the results from this. My plan is the springs as well but there’s no reviews on them. Is yours a 6.7?
Will do, Yup its a 6.7 F350.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.