Escape & Escape Hybrid Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

New owner of a '12 Ford Escape XLT...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 06:24 AM
ButchA
Freshman User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
New owner of a '12 Ford Escape XLT...

Good morning,

As seen in my "Introduction" thread here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...co-county.html

I am now driving a really nice, metallic blue, 2012 Ford Escape XLT, FWD, 3.0L Duratec V6, etc... Got such a great deal on it, I couldn't pass it up. I felt a little foolish right afterwards once I got it home, because both my wife and I had to read the owners manual, and were trying to figure this out, figure that out, etc... It has so many features that it boggles my mind! We already paired up my Verizon smartphone to the Bluetooth feature so I can "talk" to the radio while driving and it will call someone for me, and they answer through the stereo system.

It handles great and has no problems at all with 71,000 miles (all highway driving/commuting from the previous owners). Anything I should look out for? Anything I should be concerned about in the future?

Also, and to wrap up this thread, in honor of Memorial Day and me being a retired "Coastie", I received my vinyl decal for the rear window yesterday!

Name:  jNRv7zc.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  942.4 KB

Old 05-27-2019, 11:38 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
great litle suv. issues are few. depending on what you want to do the drier for the a.c. can fail and send debree into system . There is video about alot of stuff from Ford TechMakuloco on youtube.

Old 05-28-2019, 08:56 PM
ButchA
Freshman User
Thanks... I have the whole entire Carfax report dating back to 2012 when the vehicle was first bought/leased. No major problems, no accidents, no damages or anything serious. The last service record prior to me buying it was just barely a month or two ago, when the local used car dealer had it serviced. AC recharged... New front brakes & rotors... Alignment performed... Passed the VA state inspection... Washed, waxed, detailed, and ready for sale...

The previous owners (1st - leased it, 2nd - bought it) took real great care of it, and all the oil changes, and normal regular maintenance records are also on the Carfax report. I had the oil changed over the weekend, because I couldn't find ANYWHERE on the the report when the last oil change was, and there was no reminder sticker in the windshield. The oil life percentage on the dashboard said 29%, so I had it changed just for piece of mind.

It's a heck of an SUV and the 3.0L V6 has a lot of pep to it!

Old 05-31-2019, 01:50 PM
tehutton
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with previous posts, particularly great vehicle comments. Two additional comments. 1. Rust is an issue on rear wheel well arches. Has to do with the way spot welds were done. 2. Front brakes on our Escapes (01 and 11) usually go about 60K. Rear drums should be checked at 100K.

Old 05-31-2019, 05:20 PM
ButchA
Freshman User
Thanks for the great replies! Yeah, the Escape is a great SUV and I got a good deal on it. I've gone over the Carfax report over and over, looking for anything serious, and I couldn't find anything of any concern. Just normal maintenance, oil changes, tire rotation, etc...