Injector oring leaking Please Help!! - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 1997 - 2003 F150
Reload this Page >

Injector oring leaking Please Help!!

Notices
1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage

Old 07-11-2018, 02:53 AM
whiteboyinc
New User
whiteboyinc is starting off with a positive reputation.

I have a 2001 ford f150 4.2. I replaced the upper and lower plenum gaskets to fix other issues and codes i was getting.Also replaced fuel injectors since i was right there and figured it would be best.Everything is together runs great no codes but i have an injector leaking fuel .1 i can smell it around the cab and 2. i can see it puddle up around it.Ive since went back in and replaced the orings on that 1 leaking injector but it still leaks.Can someone please help me out here...TIA

Old 07-11-2018, 05:40 PM
steve(ill)
Post Fiend
steve(ill) has a great reputation on FTE.steve(ill) has a great reputation on FTE.steve(ill) has a great reputation on FTE.steve(ill) has a great reputation on FTE.steve(ill) has a great reputation on FTE.
I would pull that injector and make sure it is not cracked or damaged... if you have installed the o-ring twice and it still leaks.. look deeper.

Old 07-11-2018, 05:45 PM
whiteboyinc
New User
whiteboyinc is starting off with a positive reputation.
The injectors are all brand new,Just this single one leaking is giving me trouble,when i pulled it again to replace the orings i inspected it and everything looked fine as the day they were installed,thats what has me stumped.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:03 AM
jughead808
Freshman User
jughead808 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Make sure you didnít leave an extra oringbin either the manifold or the fuel rail, keeping it from fully seating.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.