Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shout out to Isspro once again!

Old 07-09-2018, 01:19 PM
JT250
Posting Guru
JT250 has a very good reputation on FTE.JT250 has a very good reputation on FTE.JT250 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Shout out to Isspro once again!

I have had my gauges for years. I cannot even guess how long. I had a problem with them a few years ago and called in. The sent me to a technician right away who sent me a part right away. They only required my address, no money. Now my pyro gauge is acting up so I called again. Sent me to a technician who answered the phone immediately. I explained my problem. He asked me how long I have had them to know the build date. I said I did not know but could probably find out. He stated that the earlier builds had an issue with the "brain" and he would send me a new one free of charge. I was on the phone no longer than 5 minutes.

You cannot pay for this kind of customer service anymore. Most companies wont even answer the phone let alone warranty an item past a year or even 3+ years.

Props Isspro!!

Old 07-09-2018, 01:23 PM
JT250
Posting Guru
JT250 has a very good reputation on FTE.JT250 has a very good reputation on FTE.JT250 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I just found my original purchase from Clay at Riffraff before he had his website. IT WAS 2009. ALMOST 10 YEARS!

Old 07-09-2018, 01:31 PM
Sous
SXE Junkie
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
They have been stand up for me as well. I had a fuel pressure sending unit die and they sent a new one and an adapter for free.

I had my Pyro gauge freeze up, they sent a new one for free.

Been going on 3.5 years now with solid, trouble free performance since then.

Old 07-09-2018, 01:43 PM
JT250
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
They have been stand up for me as well. I had a fuel pressure sending unit die and they sent a new one and an adapter for free.

I had my Pyro gauge freeze up, they sent a new one for free.

Been going on 3.5 years now with solid, trouble free performance since then.
Now that you say it, I think my previous issue was FP sending unit as well.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:39 AM
Y2KW57
Postmaster
Y2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputation
I have read a lot of similar threads about Isspro over the years. With a few disgruntled exceptions, most folks report that Isspro stood up and replaced failed gauges.

That makes for a strong case to buy Isspro.

And it makes for an equally compelling case not to buy Isspro.

The question isn't will Isspro back up their gauges when they fail.

The question is... why are so many Isspro gauges failing?

Being happy with 3 years of solid trouble free performance is a fairly low bar. And almost 10 years before failure... fails to impress... especially when compared to the aftermarket gauges I installed almost 20 years ago which have yet to fail, or the factory gauges I have in vehicles over 40 years old that have likewise never failed.

So while the customer service from Isspro receives high marks, what is it about Isspro gauges themselves that necessitates these periodic replacements?

Old 07-10-2018, 07:30 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Y2KW57 View Post
...The question is... why are so many Isspro gauges failing?

Being happy with 3 years of solid trouble free performance is a fairly low bar. And almost 10 years before failure... fails to impress... especially when compared to the aftermarket gauges I installed almost 20 years ago which have yet to fail, or the factory gauges I have in vehicles over 40 years old that have likewise never failed.

So while the customer service from Isspro receives high marks, what is it about Isspro gauges themselves that necessitates these periodic replacements?
I actually have an answer - and it is straight in line with why I will never in a gabillion years own a diesel newer than 2006 model year.

Technology has replaced everything. Older stuff had very simple electronics that was very robust (including our era of electronics). The new stuff is microprocessor controlled with surface-mounted devices, tinier boards, much more complexity, and frailty. How long does your smart phone, PC, or tablet last before you feel you need a new one? When you think modern vehicles, think smart phones on wheels.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:32 AM
Sous
SXE Junkie
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
Y2KW57, you bring up some very valid points. I too wondered why I had a sensor fail, then a while later a gauge fail. I was glad that ISSPRO took care of the issues at no cost to me and can only hope that if their parts fail again, that they will take care of it then too.

I think that if I were to change the gauges out for something more reliable, or a guess at something more reliable, the wires/harness would need to be changed too and that would be a pain in the ***.

Perhaps it was a mistake to go with ISSPRO, but at this time I am happy with them and they continue to show me how my truck is feeling at the given time.

We all have choices to make, especially concerning products available to us. Sometimes we choose wisely and sometimes we choose poorly.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:17 AM
Dan V
Posting Guru
Dan V has a great reputation on FTE.Dan V has a great reputation on FTE.Dan V has a great reputation on FTE.Dan V has a great reputation on FTE.Dan V has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by JT250 View Post
You cannot pay for this kind of customer service anymore. Most companies wont even answer the phone let alone warranty an item past a year or even 3+ years.

Props Isspro!!

Straight truth!

I have a serious issue with companies that have "Contact Us" link on their website. More often than not that link will ask, "Hey, what department are you looking for help with?" so, you choose one and send your email.......and then you NEVER hear back from them.

Hello Airlift Suspension.......Great product...and great service ONCE you can get contact established.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:26 AM
Dan V
Posting Guru
Dan V has a great reputation on FTE.Dan V has a great reputation on FTE.Dan V has a great reputation on FTE.Dan V has a great reputation on FTE.Dan V has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Y2KW57 View Post
The question is... why are so many Isspro gauges failing?

I think the answer to that question lies in the basic functions of the internet forums. That is, people come and talk about failures....looking for solutions. People very rarely come to a board and heap praise up on any product. You can witness the same thing when you get a group of people together. Talk invariably gets to rumors of what so and so did....that was bad....rather than that same group people building up or praising. It's human nature.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:38 AM
JT250
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Dan V View Post
Straight truth!

I have a serious issue with companies that have "Contact Us" link on their website. More often than not that link will ask, "Hey, what department are you looking for help with?" so, you choose one and send your email.......and then you NEVER hear back from them.

Hello Airlift Suspension.......Great product...and great service ONCE you can get contact established.
Customer service goes a loooong way with me.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:56 AM
sjbj
Junior User
sjbj is starting off with a positive reputation.
Guess I need to contact ISSPRO. I've had my pyro and transmission gauge act up on/off for years. I read often times that it is a grounding issue. So I ran a ground wire straight to my battery, and yet it still acts up sometimes. Never had a problem with my boost gauge, but I guess that is mostly mechanical. Installed them in July of 2010.

Old 07-10-2018, 05:19 PM
sjbj
Junior User
sjbj is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have had my gauges for years. I cannot even guess how long. I had a problem with them a few years ago and called in. The sent me to a technician right away who sent me a part right away. They only required my address, no money. Now my pyro gauge is acting up so I called again. Sent me to a technician who answered the phone immediately. I explained my problem. He asked me how long I have had them to know the build date. I said I did not know but could probably find out. He stated that the earlier builds had an issue with the "brain" and he would send me a new one free of charge. I was on the phone no longer than 5 minutes.

Props Isspro!!
Do you know if your gauges are the standard EV gauge or EV2's? Mine are the regular EV's. I sent them an email after reading this post, and they asked for the results of my tests on the troubleshooting guides. The only thing I remember from the troubleshooting (my transmission gauge) was that everything appeared to be testing fine, and will appear to function fine for a period. But will then start acting up out of the blue. So right now I have no faith in the gauges.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:12 PM
JT250
Posting Guru
I would call in. Just tell the person who answers the phone that you are having probs w then. The technician is great. Mine are the Performax series. He said there was a design flaw in the early builds.

Old 07-16-2018, 02:16 PM
GEugeneS
Elder User
GEugeneS is starting off with a positive reputation.

Props Isspro!!
Good information. Mine are 10 or so years old and I'm not really expecting them to fail. But customer support like that I hope drives their sales up!