Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

July chat and BS thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 11:46 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,286 Likes on 2,442 Posts
Almost lunch...working on the broke backhoe in the sun...I am going to use the back arm to pull it into the shade.

Drove ol blue to work yesterday and today. I need to recharge the a/c on it though.

Old 07-11-2018, 01:04 PM
97 Mountain Man
Fleet Mechanic
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclopsblown34
You're Tall and Fat!
At least I have two eyes

Old 07-11-2018, 08:27 PM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Howdy all, Patty got me a new drinking entertainment device, a Polaris 280 or 380 automatic pool vacuum. So far I'm four beers into observing its operation.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:20 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 764 Likes on 374 Posts
We are now trying to figure out how to maintain the pool at are new location. It's a pain in the butt. Algae is about the death of us.
Gotta read up on proper pool maintenance. We have a robot to clean the bottom, but it's not keeping up.
I'm not real fond of the pool......

Old 07-11-2018, 11:03 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Evening All!

I've been working on a bumper for a customer's hauler. It's turning out decent. I hope to get the welding finished up on the lower part and get the push bar knocked out. I guess we'll see what happens.

Old 07-12-2018, 08:53 AM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Harrier
We are now trying to figure out how to maintain the pool at are new location. It's a pain in the butt. Algae is about the death of us.
Gotta read up on proper pool maintenance. We have a robot to clean the bottom, but it's not keeping up.
I'm not real fond of the pool......
Joe,
message me through here or call my cell phone 573 644 4504 or work 573-635-1042 and ask for Chip. Pool maintenance is simple and easy once you learn a few different things.

Old 07-12-2018, 08:59 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm still around, but having problems getting on the forums. I can only look at the first few day's of July, and other forums, I can only look at the year 2012...

Old 07-12-2018, 09:01 AM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by earthquake68
Evening All!

I've been working on a bumper for a customer's hauler. It's turning out decent. I hope to get the welding finished up on the lower part and get the push bar knocked out. I guess we'll see what happens.

That's some serious talent there Alan!

Old 07-12-2018, 09:32 AM
John T super cab
Fleet Mechanic
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Morning, Ive been drinking a lot of coffee and thinking about going outside for a few days now .

Old 07-12-2018, 12:56 PM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,286 Likes on 2,442 Posts
Unk Bob howdy are you on a smart phone while FTE ing it? Are you using FTE live? I just got on mine and it seems to be working ok? Hot out there folks drink water. Planning a trip to Disney Ok this sat to go 4 wheeling at the dam. Son in law is taking his new 92 Cherokee, I am taking the tube buggy.

Old 07-12-2018, 04:27 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 764 Likes on 374 Posts
Oh great Alan! You had me looking at front bumpers on big rigs all they way to Lawrence and back today.

Chip, I will get in touch. Gwen managed to get the pool looking good today. We need to take a water sample in and get more salt. You are right, it should be simple, but we haven't taken the time to work through the steps. Having someone talk us through things will be much better than searching through web sites all day.

Off to a meeting to discuss a school resource officer for our school. We are putting together a proposal for the city. I think we have it all together, it will just be a matter of how much the school pays and how much the city pays. Also finding police officers. Our small city is currently down two officers.....well....the police chief was arrested recently, so there is one...... https://www.kansascity.com/news/stat...211805839.html
For such a small town, we have the ability to make headlines. Our prosecuting attorney for the county is in hot water too...drunk, backing into a building in Columbia and driving off.....

Old 07-12-2018, 04:33 PM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Oh great Alan! You had me looking at front bumpers on big rigs all they way to Lawrence and back today.

Chip, I will get in touch. Gwen managed to get the pool looking good today. We need to take a water sample in and get more salt. You are right, it should be simple, but we haven't taken the time to work through the steps. Having someone talk us through things will be much better than searching through web sites all day.

Off to a meeting to discuss a school resource officer for our school. We are putting together a proposal for the city. I think we have it all together, it will just be a matter of how much the school pays and how much the city pays. Also finding police officers. Our small city is currently down two officers.....well....the police chief was arrested recently, so there is one...... https://www.kansascity.com/news/stat...211805839.html
For such a small town, we have the ability to make headlines. Our prosecuting attorney for the county is in hot water too...drunk, backing into a building in Columbia and driving off.....
Classy police chief, we just get a county sheriff I think it is 20 hours per week and dial a prayer the rest. As for the mayor, our former mayor had one too many and drove into somebody's living room in town. I'm thinking it was five or so years ago.

Old 07-12-2018, 04:39 PM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver

As for a salt pool, that's a critter I know nothing about, get a test kit that tests for stabilizer as well as PH, water hardness, chlorine, stabilizer/CYA and alkalinity. Test the water daily until it tests out right, then check it every other day.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:21 PM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Stabilizer/cya shouldn't be a problem in a salt pool. There is an ionizer if I have the term right, it needs cleaned occasionally, they get gunked up from hard water and the life gets shortened, it's what converts the salt to chlorine. I think it gets replaced every couple years.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:59 PM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
Received 190 Likes on 174 Posts
good afternoon all.. had a good trip to the va today, i arrived there 2hrs early, both appointments had a spot available as i walked up to their desk.. the only bad part was my doc sent me to the emergency room after he was finished, but even that wasnt too bad, they operated on it (a infected cyst) after that i was outta there by 1500...thats the time i should of left after my scheduled appointments... the VA is not perfect for sure, sometimes they come thru in a big way.... i dont know what i would do without it

all this pool boy talk by these young stallions, is probably turning on some housewife or widow woman already!!!!!!.... ha ha ha ha ha ha

bumper looks good alan.. glad ya was able to get back out and do more..i was about beat by 1600 yesterday.....A/C worked fair on the way down except for a vacuum leak somewhere..... the rest of the parts should be here tomorrow..

Quick Reply: July chat and BS thread