Grand Designs Reflection Series

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 09:51 PM
FordmanNJ
Fleet Mechanic

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
The last update for awhile.

We are now in waiting mode. Financials are done. Bank check and insurance will be the morning of. Hitch selection done. The dealer is going to install a Blue Ox Sway Pro which I have seen before and liked. I had a nice conversation with the rep from Blue Ox at the Hershey Show last year. Delivery date has been assigned. The Sales rep said the paperwork for prep and check has been placed with the shop to make sure everything is working as it should for the demo and beyond. The hitch will be pulled and readied for install. All we need to do is be there with our trailer cleaned out and ready for trade in. The rep even asked we could make sure out tanks were empty before trade in. I laughed and said where else am I going to keep 30 gallons of black water that had been peculating in the heat we had around here with no chem treatment. He had a good laugh about that one. He went over my truck about items I should have ready to go like the brake controller and 7 way plug which I told him its all standard on the Super Duties. Getting excited about getting the new trailer.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:31 PM
FordmanNJ
Fleet Mechanic

My wife and I really fell for the Reflection 285BHS.

Great interior layout.
Kitchen has tons of storage and large 8 cu foot fridge.
Great bunk house type space for our daughter.
Nice front bedroom suite with plenty of wardrobe space and overall storage. We both loved the third closet for more clothing space and the 3 drawers below. The full Queen is a huge plus as I'm tall and my feet hang off a short Queen.

Outside storage is excellent. Large pass thru. The back under the bunks as a large storage space for all our chairs, BBQ and the like. The small kitchen is the neutral as we don't k ow how we are going to use it yet.

Easy to use electric jacks made set up a breeze. I like everything is just a button push and I'm done setting up.

Looking forward to miles of adventures down the road with the new trailer. I would like to thank this forum for introducing me to this brand. Grand Design really seems to be a nicer than average unit even if some of the QC has been taking a hit lately. It was one of the nicer rigs on the market. Besides we have a good deal of camping booked up for the next couple of weeks so there will plenty of time to get a good shake down of the unit.

Attached Images  
Old 07-12-2018, 07:29 AM
backtrack2015
Senior User
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Congratulations! That looks an awful lot like my floorplan. I’d much prefer your 8-cft fridge to our 12-cft. It takes ours several hours to cool down, which means we store our food in the small outdoor-kitchen fridge until the main one gets running. The big one would be great if we camped more than one or two nights at a time.

I also like that GD now includes an escape window in the bunkhouse. My 2018 was purchased just before the mid-model-year changes that included the escape window. Oh well.

Old 07-12-2018, 09:12 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,680 Likes on 2,745 Posts
Nice to see the journey you took to buy this rig. My toy hauler came with a Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch. It worked well once I had it tweaked for my truck. I no longer use it because the shank (ball mount) wasn't rated for the weight of my trailer. I don't know what the prior owner(s) were thinking or if they even knew it was underrated.

Now, get your signature updated for the new trailer!

Old 07-17-2018, 08:27 PM
FordmanNJ
Fleet Mechanic

Originally Posted by backtrack2015
Congratulations! That looks an awful lot like my floorplan. I’d much prefer your 8-cft fridge to our 12-cft. It takes ours several hours to cool down, which means we store our food in the small outdoor-kitchen fridge until the main one gets running. The big one would be great if we camped more than one or two nights at a time.

I also like that GD now includes an escape window in the bunkhouse. My 2018 was purchased just before the mid-model-year changes that included the escape window. Oh well.
The 28BH and 285BHS are pretty similar. A few small differences as we looked at both. It's a nice trailer layout.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:07 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 500 Likes on 168 Posts
Nice setup! Been pretty pleased with our GD momentum.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:52 PM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 437 Likes on 322 Posts
I like my GD Imagine too. No quality issues yet.

Old 07-20-2018, 02:33 PM
flstf09
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We have a 315RLTS that we have been full timing in for about 3 months now.No issues to speak of yet.I believe they are as good or better than anything out there today.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:35 PM
FordmanNJ
Fleet Mechanic

So far only two issues. The first one was the handle on the faucet in the kitchen came off when I went to turn on the water. It appeared to be a failed weld for the mount to the valve and the handle. I wound up just JB welding the piece and it works just fine. The other was I think more of a user created issue. Somehow we managed to clog up the toilet. Luckily, I had the shop vac extensions in the trailer. I used it to unclog the toilet and things went down. It appeared the paper used caused the clog but it was a simple fix. Otherwise really happy with the trailer. I cannot complain about any build quality issues. Everything just seems to be well made or maybe I got a good one. Don't know but knocking on wood.