2015 Intermittent rough idle, engine missfire upon acelleration, and cruise; P1267 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

2015 Intermittent rough idle, engine missfire upon acelleration, and cruise; P1267

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Intermittent rough idle, engine missfire upon acelleration, and cruise; P1267

Old 06-30-2018, 09:54 AM
JohnD333
Senior User
JohnD333 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.JohnD333 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

Need help. Faster dealer 30 miles away is 10 days out for first appointment for me which I signed up for. Others within 100 miles are much worse.

2015 350 dually with 62k miles. Only earlier engine issues were #3 injector replaced and a lot of intermittant low fuel rail pressure codes ultimately fixed with flash 18+ months/25k miles ago.

In the last 3 weeks/250 miles, truck has been missing intermittently, at first only once in the week. But now about every 3rd time I use the truck it runs rough. Very rough idle on some of these ocassions. Starts within 1 minute of starting the truck, by which time truck is over 105 degrees here in Florida. Often, if I stop, turn off engine, remove key, open door and close again, then restart, it will run just fine for the rest of the 10-20 minute drive; other times i have to do this more than once. If running rough will continue to do so for 30+ miles. This was first event and when I learned that restarting might fix it temporarily. At firstm 3 weks ago, rough running maybe 10% of Starts. Now about 60% of the time it will run rough after hits 105 or so degreesF.

When running rough - no check engine lights at all 95% of tge time. Only had 3 check engine lights come on. Only once during driving rough. Twice the check engine came on immediately after i restarted because of rough running, surprisingly it was not running rough. I have not cleared the P1267 code, but after about 5 restarts, the check engine light goes off with code kept in memory. I do believe that after the second rough event without check engine light, that I did check codes and P1267 was in register, but not absolutely certain that I did not check until the check engine lifpght came on several days later.

when I say rough, it feels like driving on the curbside rumble strip and then some, much worse when accelerating or rims below 1300, downshifting helps mask the miss.

Fuel filter only 10k miles, draining fuel clear. Battery terminals clean. 14 months/12k miles ago I had issues with wiring harness by emergency brake (camera not functioning) but problem has not returned since I zip tied the harness out of the way of brake mechanism.

Obviously plans must change with not pulling my 5er in this condition unless someone of has an idea to try before I can get into dealer.

Last edited by JohnD333; 06-30-2018 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-01-2018, 08:30 AM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
This almost sounds like a stuck EGR valve to me.

On Edit, this is the code I come up with

P1267 Cylinder #7 High To Low Side Short G

Old 07-01-2018, 10:05 PM
JohnD333
Senior User
JohnD333 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.JohnD333 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Senix,

Even with code translation, with recent writeups I was thinking EGR except it does not go away at sustained speed.

thanks,

Originally Posted by senix View Post
This almost sounds like a stuck EGR valve to me.

On Edit, this is the code I come up with

P1267 Cylinder #7 High To Low Side Short G

Old 07-06-2018, 01:33 PM
JohnD333
Senior User
update.

In shop 7:00 AM Mondat July 2. Bad injector diagnosed and dealer ordered Tuesday July 3 before holiday with inventory showing 42 in stock. When it did not show up late yesterday July 5, status showed as backordered. Put onto "emergency order vehicle not drivable" late yesterday. Part did not show up today and Dealer can only hope that it will show up Monday. Apparently an emergency order can come from anyplace and Dealer has no way to track or guesstimate it's arrival.

one can only hope that part has been found somewhere and will be on the way shortly.

Old 07-06-2018, 02:48 PM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Thanks for reporting back. Just in time supply chain management.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:22 AM
JohnD333
Senior User
Update.

in on Monday July 2, out Tuesday July 10 with new injector for cylinder #7.. I have driven 200 miles since. While that was mostly two 85-mile highway trips, there have been a dozen restarts and all seems ok.

Old 07-12-2018, 05:02 AM
senix
took along time for them to get that repaired, but glad it is running good now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: