Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Need help with no start after injectors replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 08:34 PM
jhl3
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DieselDenny
BTW. where are you at, we might have a member close.

Denny
Evidently, the OP is somewhere near Swamps Diesel: near Nashville, TN

Old 06-25-2018, 09:01 PM
TheDieselChick
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just south of Nashville by about 30 minutes not to far from Swamps , they are so busy it'll be days before they will even look at it

Old 06-25-2018, 10:47 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
They be your best bet if you could get it in. Try the 30 amp fuse and unplug as said above. Can't hurt. Lots of things going on here.

Old 06-26-2018, 06:13 AM
TheDieselChick
Freshman User
She's running now just still puffing smoke (white in color) starts alot better than usual and was able to plug ICP back in and still start it. Seems to be some serious wiring issues going on but that doesn't explain smoke

Old 06-26-2018, 07:15 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
Is the smoke oil or diesel? You should be able to smell the difference. Have you tried the quick check where you place the oil cap upside down on the filler tube while the engine is running and see if it sits there or blows off with pressure? If not you need to do that, it only takes a minute and will help determine the health of your engine.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:31 AM
TheDieselChick
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
Is the smoke oil or diesel? You should be able to smell the difference. Have you tried the quick check where you place the oil cap upside down on the filler tube while the engine is running and see if it sits there or blows off with pressure? If not you need to do that, it only takes a minute and will help determine the health of your engine.
Il try this, even if it is burning oil the injectors just got replaced could be fault injectors or smashed o rings also it is loosing some oil during driving.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:37 AM
TheDieselChick
Freshman User
The injectors these guys put in where some really cheap remans offline they ordered.... So i buzz tested them yesterday and 6 out of 8 of the buzzes where really weak and off tuned

Old 06-26-2018, 07:40 AM
TheDieselChick
Freshman User
No oil in coolant then it's just not a super bright green fresh coolant color. All my fluids seem fine minus the loosing of oil. If the injector rings where causing it to loose the oil would it be burning the oil out the tail pipe with fuel? I can smell the smoke and it doesn't smell exactly like fuel and it doesn't smell exactly like oil. Maybe it's just really hard to tell the difference... Or ?

Old 06-26-2018, 07:41 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
There is a test to test your injector O rings. It's dubbed the Cody test in the name of the member here who brought the idea to us. You remove the HPOP hoses and pressurize the heads one at a time with air pressure. If you're losing oil there you should be able to hear it gurgling. I have no first hand experience with a failure (I have performed the test) so I can't tell you exactly what it sounds like. And since it is a dead end a small oil bath is possible if you don't cover the joint with a rag during the test.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:44 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Having two threads for the same issue is not beneficial, you might want to just stick to one (I'd go with the other one) or maybe Stewart could merge them for you.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:45 AM
TheDieselChick
Freshman User
Originally Posted by F350-6
Time to pull your fuel filter and see if it's black and oil stained. It is possible for bad injector o-rings to let fuel and oil mix. Oil has a higher pressure so you'll have signs of oil in the fuel filter. You'll also have fuel in the oil from key on before you start it up, so an oil change might be in order too. (sounds like you've already got a head start on the oil drain part).

If fuel filter is nice and clean, then I'd be looking at the tail pipe for any signs of oil from possible turbo issues or o-rings.

Can you do a cylinder contribution (perdel) test?
No oil residue coming out of tail pipe all is good and dry smoke coming out the oil just got changed when I picked the truck up so the oil is actually fresh and clean and no signs of anything except just straight oil. Cannot do the perdel test sadly I'm pretty not equipt at the moment.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:46 AM
TheDieselChick
Freshman User
There is a test to test your injector O rings. It's dubbed the Cody test in the name of the member here who brought the idea to us. You remove the HPOP hoses and pressurize the heads one at a time with air pressure. If you're losing oil there you should be able to hear it gurgling. I have no first hand experience with a failure (I have performed the test) so I can't tell you exactly what it sounds like. And since it is a dead end a small oil bath is possible if you don't cover the joint with a rag during the test.
I will definitely look into that! And specific PSI I need to put to it?

Old 06-26-2018, 07:47 AM
TheDieselChick
Freshman User
Having two threads for the same issue is not beneficial, you might want to just stick to one (I'd go with the other one) or maybe Stewart could merge them for you.
I'm getting such good feed on both haha I wonder if he will merge them?

Old 06-26-2018, 08:28 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Originally Posted by TheDieselChick
I will definitely look into that! And specific PSI I need to put to it?
The system handles 2800+ PSI so give it all you got.

Old 06-26-2018, 11:24 AM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Here is what the Cody test sounds like with a cut O-ring.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uSBAik2zNV4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by HKusp; 06-26-2018 at 11:25 AM. Reason: embedding would not work.

Quick Reply: Need help with no start after injectors replacement