who makes NAPA Commercial flooded cell batts? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

who makes NAPA Commercial flooded cell batts?

Notices
6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Old 06-23-2018, 01:55 PM
diesel_dan
FTE Addict
diesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud of

This wasn't my 1st place to ask this, but there is so much knowledge here I figure it is the BEST place to get a correct answer. I need to replace the starting batteries in our motor home (pronto). They are a group 31 sealed flooded cell. The ones in there now are 7 year old International's, but there isn't a convenient place to get those. However my local NAPA store has them in stock for a very good price. Several Googles and From all I can find: East Penn makes these batteries for NAPA (or Deka makes them for East Penn for NAPA). I'd be pretty comfortable with these if that's the case. Anyone know? Oh yeah: NAPA's part number is BAT 7236, if that helps...

Thanks in advance...

Scott

Old 06-23-2018, 06:07 PM
KDAVID1
Postmaster
KDAVID1 has a very good reputation on FTE.KDAVID1 has a very good reputation on FTE.KDAVID1 has a very good reputation on FTE.KDAVID1 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I wouldn't mind know either. I have two of NAPAs in my truck and they've been awesome for almost 4 years and no signs of letting up.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:23 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Tedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputation
DEKA does brand batteries for NAPA.

You can try and look here, especially if you have insomnia http://jgdarden.com/batteryfaq/batbrand.htm

Old 06-23-2018, 06:24 PM
bismic
Post Fiend
bismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputation
Can you get an MSDS on the battery. At one time, their SDS documented that East Penn manufactured at least some of the NAPA batteries.

Deka is a brand name of East Penn I believe.

https://media.napaonline.com/is/content/GenuinePartsCompany/686481pdf?$PDF$

https://www.power-solutions.com/batteries/deka

http://www.eastpennmanufacturing.com/wp-content/uploads/2017-Deka-Spec-Sheet-Final-Rev-4-10-17_FULL.pdf

Old 06-23-2018, 06:46 PM
TooManyToys.
Post Fiend
TooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud of
Old 06-23-2018, 06:55 PM
KDAVID1
Postmaster
KDAVID1 has a very good reputation on FTE.KDAVID1 has a very good reputation on FTE.KDAVID1 has a very good reputation on FTE.KDAVID1 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I've always heard good things about e Penn. Didn't know Deka was them. Makes sense why my boat batteries are good...they're dekas

Old 06-23-2018, 08:08 PM
bismic
Post Fiend
bismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputation
Thanks for the correct link Jack.

Looks like that battery is their 1131PMF battery.

http://www.eastpennmanufacturing.com...10-17_FULL.pdf

Old 06-23-2018, 08:21 PM
TooManyToys.
Post Fiend
TooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud of
Scott, a couple 8-Ds would fix you right up.

Old 06-23-2018, 09:47 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Yahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputation
Speaking of HD type wet cells what about Trojan Batteries?
I had good lick with them in the boom lifts and forklifts.

Old 06-24-2018, 11:36 AM
diesel_dan
FTE Addict
diesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud of
Thanks Jack and Mark -- I looked the spec sheet over and I think it is the one without the P (1131MF) same battery but with just stud post terminals. Jack: you know I looked all over for that 8-D battery, then I got the smile: 2 sets of 8-D cells -- you funny guy...!

Sean: I have Trojan Batts in the golf cart -- they have a really good reputation in the cart world. Mine are 5 years old and I do keep up on the maintenance - they show no signs of aging. And of course I recabled the 6 - 8 volt batteries to all 4/0 and a couple short 3/0 cables to interconnect them...

Thanks again everyone! Going to go get me some Napa's....

Scott

Old 06-24-2018, 11:47 AM
TooManyToys.
Post Fiend
1800 CA each, you would always have cranking ability with twins. Just trying to help in wild. These I use my front end loader to install in the dozer. You can even get AGM.

Old 06-24-2018, 12:00 PM
diesel_dan
FTE Addict
My GOODness!!! so there are 8-D batteries... One of the nice things about the MH is it a) has a Kubota Diesel Genset, b) 3 Group 27 House batts and c) a switch on the dash you can tie all 5 batts together -- either to start the rig or start the gen., but I think if I just change the twin 950 CCA batts out every 5 years or so, it should be fine...

Moved 18 tons of gravel, speaking of tractors, but I ended up doing too much work by hand so pretty wiped today...

Scott

Old 06-24-2018, 12:28 PM
TooManyToys.
Post Fiend
Yeah, I had to put the - in-between or it came up a smiley.

Old 06-24-2018, 04:23 PM
diesel_dan
FTE Addict
Originally Posted by TooManyToys. View Post
Yeah, I had to put the - in-between or it came up a smiley.
Ditto here. So I managed to get the old beasts out without killing my back. One batt came in at 10V and the other 13V - and yes the low one was on the passenger side (just kidding they sit side by side; one front and one rear)... All terminals have bus bars with lots of stuff ganged on. I checked and cleaned the main terminal connections and then started pulling apart the bus-bars and got through 2 before quitting in the 100 degree heat. Hey one good thing is I figured out I actually could get 3 group 31 deep cycle batteries in the tray for the house -- when we bought the rig those batts were dead so I just replaced in kind (it had 27s), silly me...

Think I drain the oil tomorrow morning - I hear it is a messy job getting the oil filter out on these 5.9s -- there's something called "the plastic bag trick" - I have a feeling I know how that is done... Then off to the Drs and pick up the batteries on the way home...

Scott

Old 06-24-2018, 04:26 PM
bismic
Post Fiend
Hey Scott - have you been posting on BITOG recently?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: who makes NAPA Commercial flooded cell batts?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.