Need help, error messages after jumping vehicle - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2015 + Expedition & Navigator
Reload this Page >

Need help, error messages after jumping vehicle

Notices
2015 + Expedition & Navigator 2015 + Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Old 06-23-2018, 11:19 AM
tkoden
New User
tkoden is starting off with a positive reputation.

Please help. I jumped another vehicle with my 2015 expedition and now I get a bunch of error messages and have no power steering. I checked fuses in the engine compartment and everything looks good. This is my wife's car and we need it Monday.

Low Battery Features Temporarily Turned Off
Hill Descent Control Fault
AdvanceTrac Service
Turn Power Off To Save Battery

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:22 AM
seville009
Posting Guru
seville009 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Whatís your battery voltage? Based on the messages you listed, sounds like the battery is too low. Maybe it was on its way out, and the jump start was too much for it and your alternator canít charge it up.

Old 06-23-2018, 12:23 PM
tkoden
New User
Originally Posted by seville009 View Post
Whatís your battery voltage? Based on the messages you listed, sounds like the battery is too low. Maybe it was on its way out, and the jump start was too much for it and your alternator canít charge it up.
it starts and runs fine it just has the error messages and no power steering

Old 06-23-2018, 01:54 PM
seville009
Posting Guru
seville009 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
But if the truck is giving you at least two low battery error messages per your original post, then the voltage must be too low for the systems.

Iíd check the battery voltage since itís simple and may solve your problem. If you have an extra battery around, stick that one in and try it

Old 06-23-2018, 02:07 PM
Juneaudave
New User
Juneaudave is starting off with a positive reputation.
Here is another post on a similar problem that might shed some light, I don't know....https://www.fordf150.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=117450

Old 06-23-2018, 05:35 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Tedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputation
How old is the battery? 3 years/original/OEM right? Maybe 4? I agree it might have been on its way out.

Strange electrical faults in modern cars and trucks aren't unusual with a defective battery. You should have battery load tested. Many parts houses can do this at no charge. If it passes you'll have to start looking deeper into the electrical system.

Old 06-25-2018, 06:24 AM
tkoden
New User
Originally Posted by Tedster9 View Post
How old is the battery? 3 years/original/OEM right? Maybe 4? I agree it might have been on its way out.

Strange electrical faults in modern cars and trucks aren't unusual with a defective battery. You should have battery load tested. Many parts houses can do this at no charge. If it passes you'll have to start looking deeper into the electrical system.
Looks like it is the 125A fuse that is built into the battery post. Its under the left side black cap in this picture. Does anyone know what this has a special name or if it is a dealer only item?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: