Brand new 2018 F-350 air conditioner doesn't work - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Brand new 2018 F-350 air conditioner doesn't work

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 06-23-2018, 05:16 AM
djef
New User
djef is starting off with a positive reputation.

Made the big switch from Chevy to Ford yesterday. It was raining and cool and I did not turn on the air before I drove off the lot. Turned around a couple of miles down the road and they were closed for the night. Worst part is I drove 4 hours each way to get this thing because none of the dealers in a large area couldn't or wouldn't dealer trade.

Is it possible it didn't ship with freon?

Other problem when I got it home the tailgate makes a bad snapping noise when you close it.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to handle this dealer?

Old 06-23-2018, 08:48 AM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant future
My tailgate makes the same sound. You get used to it.

You can take it to any dealer to check out the A/C. Usually the service department doesn't care where you bought it.

Old 06-23-2018, 02:42 PM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
It has been known to happen before, should be an easy fix. (the A/C).

Old 06-23-2018, 06:16 PM
69cj
Post Fiend
69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.
That’s what warranties are for. If everything was perfect the mfg. would not give them.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:56 PM
4Wheelgreg
Junior User
4Wheelgreg is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had a buddy who bought a new truck and same thing someone at the factory was not doing there job and his systems was also not filled , you would think dealer during prep would have caught that ... Dealers suck especially if you didn't buy it from them , they allways seem to have a attitude since you did not buy it from them .

Old 06-26-2018, 04:47 PM
69cj
Post Fiend
69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by 4Wheelgreg View Post
I had a buddy who bought a new truck and same thing someone at the factory was not doing there job and his systems was also not filled , you would think dealer during prep would have caught that ... Dealers suck especially if you didn't buy it from them , they allways seem to have a attitude since you did not buy it from them .
The service dept. at our dealer could care less where you bought it. Service and sales are two completely different depts. that don't rely on each other for making their money. If a service dept. does care, they are fools and I wouldn't let them touch my truck.

Old 07-04-2018, 08:29 AM
The Bone
Elder User
The Bone has a good reputation on FTE.The Bone has a good reputation on FTE.
I do cross country trips towing my 5th wheel and have had my truck serviced at different dealers and they never ask. They are happy to make money.

Old 07-04-2018, 07:54 PM
Aarkie
Senior User
Aarkie is starting off with a positive reputation.
I made a mistake and got a used 2008 Chev 2500 with over 120K due to the problems Ford was having at the time with the Powerstroke. We looked to make sure it had a spare and the size matched with what was on the truck. We were in the middle of nowhere in Alaska and the wife heard a hiss. I found the leak and started to change the tire. The spare was for a 1/2 ton so it would not fit. The funny thing it looked like it had never been on the ground. I think it came from the factory with the wrong spare and just my luck I'm the one that needed it. We lucked out because we had just passed a small place that repairs
flats, the only one for 20 miles, so we went back and got it fixed.

Old 07-06-2018, 01:15 PM
djef
New User
djef is starting off with a positive reputation.
Finally got into a dealer close to home. The system hadn't been charged of course. The tailgate had not been adjusted and now closes quietly. The remote start would not act up for them but yesterday waiting for an appointment the alarm randomly went off with no one else around and key fob on table in front of me. There is also a strange noise like a rotor sticking but it doesn't do it all the time. They haven't identified that one yet but checked the brakes and didn't find a rock or anything else wrong.

So far a day and a half in the shop. I'd love to modify the cameras to always be on but I don't dare touch anything right now.

I will say the 5th wheel prep is awesome for pulling gooseneck trailers. I put the B&W ball in it and love how slick that set up is.

Old 07-07-2018, 07:13 AM
The Bone
Elder User
The Bone has a good reputation on FTE.The Bone has a good reputation on FTE.
Guest your truck was calling you when the alarm went off. LOL
I have the same hitch in my truck It's a great hitch. I would defiantly buy another one if I traded in my truck.

Old 07-09-2018, 01:24 PM
troverman
Post Fiend
troverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud of
Dealers are supposed to perform a lengthy pre-delivery inspection (PDI) before handing off the unit to the new customer. On the PDI list for any manufacturer is to make sure both the heat and air conditioning work. Pretty clear your dealer didn't bother.

Glad you got the A/C and tailgate fixed; I'm sure it doesn't leave a good taste to switch brands and immediately have issues. Good luck moving forward.