Online Purchasing? Front Bed Sill - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

Online Purchasing? Front Bed Sill

Old 06-21-2018, 05:44 PM
BlackTruckDave
Junior User
BlackTruckDave is starting off with a positive reputation.
Online Purchasing? Front Bed Sill

When I was searching googs for the 'Front Sill' of my 8' bed, I came across what seemed to be the same webpage at different sites with different prices for Ford OEM parts. What are some trusted sights to order from? I've never had a problem with Rock Auto but the part I need they don't carry.

Old 06-21-2018, 06:18 PM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Just Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to behold
These are trusted sites....Actual Ford dealers....Also check eBay.some Ford dealers sell on there with free shipping.

AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake Parts & Accessories

Tasca Auto Group Your Online Parts Dealer

Levittown Ford Super Center: Buy Ford Car Truck Parts Genuine Discounted Ford OEM Parts & Accessories Wholesale Online

AutoNation - White Bear is usually the cheaper of these 3.

Old 06-21-2018, 09:35 PM
finn
Elder User
finn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.finn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Before you order it, spend some time under your truck with a pick hammer.

If the front sill is rusted, the others are too.

Pound the pick end on the bed floor too, to evaluate its integrity.

There’s a reason the aftermarket guys sell complete kits for bed crossmember repair.

Old 06-21-2018, 11:21 PM
BlackTruckDave
Junior User
Originally Posted by finn View Post
Before you order it, spend some time under your truck with a pick hammer.

If the front sill is rusted, the others are too.

Pound the pick end on the bed floor too, to evaluate its integrity.

There’s a reason the aftermarket guys sell complete kits for bed crossmember repair.
Actually they don't sell a complete kit. That's the problem. Only the "Cross Members" come in the kit. Gotta buy the "Sills" Front and Rear elsewhere.

Thanks Just Strokin I was wondering which sites were legit.

Old 06-22-2018, 02:43 PM
finn
Elder User
finn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.finn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by BlackTruckDave View Post
Actually they don't sell a complete kit. That's the problem. Only the "Cross Members" come in the kit. Gotta buy the "Sills" Front and Rear elsewhere.

Thanks Just Strokin I was wondering which sites were legit.
I just scrapped a bed with no floor left and unrepairable bed sides and outer wheel wells. Literally couldn’t find any solid metal to weld to. Front and rear sills were ok, so I assumed you meant the support rails.

Old 06-22-2018, 04:17 PM
BlackTruckDave
Junior User
Thanks finn....The previous owner lived in Boston and had a camper on the back at some point. The front sill is like rusty paper it so thin. The bed lines are sunken below the cabs. Only looks like the rear sill is still ok. The bed and everything else look fine. Just those cross members are rotted. Having a hard time finding the front sill too. I have to call back AutoNation in a few days while they track one down for me. Cross members are Dorman and should be here tuesday.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.