Traded my 6.2 in on a 6.7.. Looking for Tipps/Tricks/Advice/etc on new truck. - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Traded my 6.2 in on a 6.7.. Looking for Tipps/Tricks/Advice/etc on new truck.

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Traded my 6.2 in on a 6.7.. Looking for Tipps/Tricks/Advice/etc on new truck.

Old 06-22-2018, 11:07 AM
nuctrooper
Elder User
nuctrooper has a good reputation on FTE.nuctrooper has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by TexaSaiga View Post
Thanks for all the helpful info guys. Two questions, and yes, I used the search feature and didnt find what I was looking for. I thought I reade somewhere that there was a 2018 flash for our 2017 trucks that gave a little bump in torque and hp to 2018 specs. Is this bogus? If not, is there a service report number for this procedure I can give my dealer? Also, I thought I read somewhere that I can program the auto engine brake to automatically come on when I start the truck instead of having to turn it on every time but I am having trouble finding that in the settings....
Unfortunately, both of those are simply forum speculation. No 2017 reflash for power, no persistent exh brake. There is a trick you can get the exh brake to come one for one startup, but then it reverts off the next time you start up. Hoping for a FORSCAN discovery at some point to auto-enable it, but for now you'll have to push the button

Old 06-22-2018, 11:11 AM
TexaSaiga
Freshman User
TexaSaiga is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by nuctrooper View Post
Unfortunately, both of those are simply forum speculation. No 2017 reflash for power, no persistent exh brake. There is a trick you can get the exh brake to come one for one startup, but then it reverts off the next time you stare up. Hoping for a FORSCAN discovery at some point to auto-enable it, but for now you'll have to push the button
Well, that solves that! I guess I will have to be happy with "only" 925 ft lbs of torque.

Old 06-22-2018, 11:24 AM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant future
Furthering the HP/TQ speculation... The chance that the 2017 will ever get that bump may be quite remote. The newer model has a slight change to the head and this physical change may be what allows for a tuning change that gets that bump.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:22 PM
herbjahn
New User
herbjahn is starting off with a positive reputation.
TexasSaiga, I see you have 285/70/17 on your dually and that is the size i would like to run that size and im wondering if you have spacers on the rears?

Thanks, Herb