56 f100 wiring harness - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

56 f100 wiring harness

Old 06-16-2018, 08:56 AM
chickenrancher
New User
chickenrancher is starting off with a positive reputation.
56 f100 wiring harness

Hello all, I'm fairly new here and I need some feedback from the board , I will soon be purchasing a stock reproduction wiring harness for my 56 and I want as close to original with molded ends , So far the offerings are Obsolete in Oklahoma made by Bauer Electronics , Mac's has one and states it is Ecklers brand {which I doubt they make themselves} and Dennis Carpenter which is very pricey . I have converted to a GM 12si alt 3 wire and am running the idiot light with the alt field wire and will be changing to Mid Fifty's stock looking volt meter ,Do I terminate the alt side idiot light wire and use the Batt/ign side wire to run the volt meter? Who do you think sell s the best wirng harness?

Old 06-16-2018, 08:37 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Check MidFifty. I bought a stock looking harness for my 54 from them.

Old 06-17-2018, 10:36 AM
chickenrancher
New User
Mid Fifty does'nt offer molded ends like original ,my harness is pretty toasty and hacked on .I figure I better change it before Murphy comes knocking, Fewer folks are doing stock resto's I guess .Was hoping to get more opinions from others who did the same.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:43 PM
hulleywoodworking
Senior User
hulleywoodworking has a good reputation on FTE.hulleywoodworking has a good reputation on FTE.
I bought the complete correct harness set for my 51 from Tryee Harris. Had all of the correct connectors. Nice guy to work with!!

Old 06-17-2018, 03:57 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by chickenrancher View Post
Mid Fifty does'nt offer molded ends like original ,my harness is pretty toasty and hacked on .I figure I better change it before Murphy comes knocking, Fewer folks are doing stock resto's I guess .Was hoping to get more opinions from others who did the same.
I am not sure now by what you mean by molded ends, but the harness I bought from MidFifty was exactly like the original with original type ends except that there was rubber insulation under the cloth. That was back in 1999.

Old 06-17-2018, 05:34 PM
chickenrancher
New User
The 56 did not use cloth covered wiring ,may have been the 1st year for that and the female plugs are molded rubber over the terminals bonded to the wire, the males are the round bullet pins. Mid Fifty's harness appears to have crimped terminals .The molded end harnesses cost considerably more but they are correct for 56

Old 06-17-2018, 09:02 PM
truckeemtnfords
Posting Guru
truckeemtnfords is a splendid one to beholdtruckeemtnfords is a splendid one to beholdtruckeemtnfords is a splendid one to beholdtruckeemtnfords is a splendid one to beholdtruckeemtnfords is a splendid one to beholdtruckeemtnfords is a splendid one to beholdtruckeemtnfords is a splendid one to behold
Sacramento Vintage offers stock type harnesses, give them a look.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:08 PM
abe
Post Fiend
The 56 did not use cloth covered wiring ,may have been the 1st year for that and the female plugs are molded rubber over the terminals bonded to the wire, the males are the round bullet pins. Mid Fifty's harness appears to have crimped terminals .The molded end harnesses cost considerably more but they are correct for 56
I never knew that about 56 wiring harness.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:08 PM
bigwin56f100
Postmaster
bigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant future
Hello all, I'm fairly new here and I need some feedback from the board , I will soon be purchasing a stock reproduction wiring harness for my 56 and I want as close to original with molded ends , So far the offerings are Obsolete in Oklahoma made by Bauer Electronics , Mac's has one and states it is Ecklers brand {which I doubt they make themselves} and Dennis Carpenter which is very pricey . I have converted to a GM 12si alt 3 wire and am running the idiot light with the alt field wire and will be changing to Mid Fifty's stock looking volt meter ,Do I terminate the alt side idiot light wire and use the Batt/ign side wire to run the volt meter? Who do you think sell s the best wirng harness?
I guess Im not seeing the reason for you wanting the "close to original with molded ends" and then you are going to run a GM alternator? No sense in worrying about original looking ends since it already isn't original

Old 06-17-2018, 10:57 PM
chickenrancher
New User
Not so much about the looks as the quality and durability .

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.