TPMS Trailer Kit Wiring Mount on 5'er Trailer??? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

TPMS Trailer Kit Wiring Mount on 5'er Trailer???

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Old 06-14-2018, 04:53 PM
Dagwood_55
Junior User
Dagwood_55 is starting off with a positive reputation.

I got the trailer TPMS and camera kit with my new truck. I really don't want or need the camera part as I already have a wireless camera on the rear of my 5th wheel. And it is on all the time so I can see my little trailer behind the camper as I tow..

But I want and need the TPMS part. So I just had the TPMS valve stems installed on my trailer tires. Anyone got any good hints on the wiring install on a 5th wheel trailer?? Where did you mount your module on your 5th wheel?? And where/how did you run the wiring harness to your truck??

Thanks

Old 06-15-2018, 10:21 AM
HRTKD
Postmaster
HRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud of
The TPMS wiring is a lot easier than the camera wiring. Get the receiver as close to the axles as possible, but in a protected area so that road debris can't take it out. I put mine on the back side of a cross frame member. If you didn't relocate the plug on the truck then you'll have to route the wiring up past the fifth wheel pin box and then back down to the bumper.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.