2019 F350 Lariat Ult Ordered, 2017 F350 XLT Prem Sold - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

2019 F350 Lariat Ult Ordered, 2017 F350 XLT Prem Sold

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2019 F350 Lariat Ult Ordered, 2017 F350 XLT Prem Sold

Old 06-13-2018, 12:44 PM
SDcrewzer
Posting Guru
SDcrewzer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Smile 2019 F350 Lariat Ult Ordered, 2017 F350 XLT Prem Sold

So, we placed an order for a new 2019 F350 this past Monday. The dealer is a regional biggie and says ~8 weeks for delivery, but, since production isn't scheduled to start until early July (see below), I suspect it will be longer. We basically decided that we wanted/needed a bit more technology, capability, and luxury along with a few more features in what's likely to be our “last truck”.

Here's the order summary:
  • 2019 F350 6.2 4x2 CCSB Lariat
  • Blue Jeans (monochrome)
  • Black Interior
  • Lariat Ultimate Package
  • Tow Technology Bundle
  • Chrome Package
  • Blind Spot Information System (BLIS)
  • Spray-In Bedliner
  • Electronic Locking Axle w/ 4.30 Ratio
  • Customer-Placed Trailer Camera
  • Heated Rear Seats
  • Front and Rear Wheel Well Liners
  • Upfitter Switches
  • Extra-Extra HD Alternator (240 A)
  • Camper Package
  • LED Roof Clearance Lights
Final price includes $3K in rebates: $1K cash incentive, plus $2K PCO. Here's a representative image from Ford's Build and Price site:

We sold the 2017 F350 XLT this morning. Our dealer couldn't offer us much for a 4x2 here in the mountains of western NC, but CarMax in Greenville, SC – about 60 miles away – put together an offer consistent with KBB and NADA online estimates. The 2017 served us well over 18K miles, and I hope it soon finds a happy home with a new owner. I'll keep you posted on the production and delivery process!

Regards,
Jim / crewzer

Old 06-13-2018, 01:08 PM
Section179
Senior User
Section179 is starting off with a positive reputation.
What did you end up with for discount from invoice before the rebates and PCO?

you did well on rebates and PCOs.

Old 06-13-2018, 01:16 PM
dksmith17
Senior User
dksmith17 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Good deal.

Ken Wilson? I'm very pleased with them

Old 06-13-2018, 01:25 PM
SDcrewzer
Posting Guru
Yes, Ken Wilson Ford in Canton.

Price is invoice plus tax and tag less rebates; no dealer processing- or doc fees.

Thx,
Jim / crewzer

Old 06-13-2018, 03:41 PM
toymaster
Elder User
toymaster is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by SDcrewzer View Post
....Our dealer couldn't offer us much for a 4x2 here in the mountains of western NC, but CarMax in Greenville, SC – about 60 miles away – put together an offer consistent with KBB and NADA online estimates.....
Yep, makes sense, the dealer knows the market for super dutys while carmax is just looking at the book values with no emotion or niche market knowledge.

Old 06-13-2018, 04:53 PM
RZAR
Senior User
RZAR is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Plus Car Max has a large dealer network. They will ship it off somewhere will it sell.

Old 06-13-2018, 05:25 PM
toymaster
Elder User
Originally Posted by RZAR View Post
Plus Car Max has a large dealer network. They will ship it off somewhere will it sell.
True, true. just now sure where that would be.

Old 06-13-2018, 05:35 PM
BowtieConvert
Senior User
BowtieConvert is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey Jim, nice truck you have built there. No negative intentions, but I am curious though; why 2WD and no LED headlights? That is going to be a very unique truck indeed. I haven't seen many 2WD Lariats at all. I hardly ever use my 4WD but if I didn't have it I would have been SOL a couple of times. Hope your wait isn't too long.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:48 PM
vancouverbrian
Senior User
vancouverbrian is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a similar to your 2019 build...2017 Super Duty 6.2L CCLB Lariat which I ordered. Consider the following. I would really consider the 4X4 option as not much more money and useful when you need it and you can see that most would want that option if you choose again to get rid of it. I bought the Trailer Camera placed by owner and have not mounted it yet but according to the forums, harder to hook up to a fifth wheel due to the position of the plug at bumper. I did not order the clearance lights to the risk of leaking. I wanted to keep the truck and did not want holes in the roof (did not order the moonroof either). I am not a fan of the chrome and did not order this either. But that is personal choice. I concentrated on functional items. My truck had the wheel well liners, power running boards, left out the LED lights and BLIS as more likely to drive during the day and the Halogen lights are fine. I went with the 3.73 gears but many recommend the 4.30 gears. I ordered the 360 cameras, upfitter switches, EE HD alternator, dual batteries, navigation only because it uses the existing screen, the camper package is good value for the added sway bar and spring, added Line X bedliner after, ordered the Ford rubber mats. I did not order the Ultimate as the added items I could live without and in 2017 included the Moonroof and did not want that. I am sure your truck will be great. Send pics when you get it.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:53 PM
mhoefer
Postmaster
mhoefer has a great reputation on FTE.mhoefer has a great reputation on FTE.mhoefer has a great reputation on FTE.mhoefer has a great reputation on FTE.
Consider adding to the order; because when you order you only have so much time to do the additions.
LED lighting, you get a lot of LED lights for this, not just headlights and driving lights. They are amazing, especially as my eyes get older.
5th wheel prep, goose prep, you will want to pull do what with your truck? You never know right? Also, consider the 360 cameras or at least the 5th wheel camera high mount for hitching up....
4*4, well, I am on my 6th truck, 3rd new SuperDuty, always 4*4, but I am in the mountainous terrain of BC, and I travel all of it and then some. I am on forest service roads a bit, and I tow on them, some of the best camping.
definately rear wheel well liners
what are uses for the truck, consider second battery?
i love my blue jeans long box Lariat ultimate, chrome package. I have everything above except the 360cameras and mines a diesel.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:07 AM
SDcrewzer
Posting Guru
Cool

Gents,

Thanks for your comments, suggestions, and questions!

Two common comment items appear to be 4x4 and LED lights. We've had four trucks over the past 32 years, and they've all been 4x2 with limited-slip- or locking differentials. The new truck will also be a 4x2 with EL. We rarely go off-road, and, now that we're retired, we can hunker down for several days if it snows. Our other car is AWD, so we're covered if we have to get out. 4x4 may have been a consideration if we lived further north.

I like LED lights, but I found Ford's LED light option to be a rather poor value. I can convert virtually all of the new truck's lights to LED for ~$200.

The truck's key application will be hauling our slide-in camper (has 2x Group 24 AGM batteries and solar) or towing a travel trailer, typically to Federal Rec Areas and state- and national parks. This requirement drove many of the options we selected {Tow Tech Bundle (adaptive steering and Ultimate Trailer Tow 360-degree cameras plus a few other doo-dads), Spray-in Bedliner, BLIS, 4.30 axle, Customer Placed Camera, Wheel Well Liners, Upfitter Switches, ExEx HD Alternator, Camper Package}. I'll add after-market splash guards, all-weather mats, and a bed mat later.

I've been interested in the Lariat Ultimate since the 2017s were announced, but I didn't want the original package's moonroof. The Lar Ult Pkg no longer includes the MR, so we sprang for the many comfort features. Heated (and cooled) powered seats for both the driver and the front passenger and dual-zone AC fell somewhere between wants and needs. The new B&O audio system may not the best, but it's MUCH better than the audio system in our 2017 XLT. And, I must admit that I really want the Push-to-Start feature. I wish I could have deleted the Nav.

We considered the Lariat Value Package, but that increases the cost of the Tow Tech Bundle and makes the tailgate step (an absolute necessity) and extra-cost option, so the final cost difference was narrowed enough to be able to order the Ult Pkg and not later regret being too practical.

The LED Clearance lights are something of a configuration tradition, and I've not had any problems with leaks. The Chrome Package includes running boards, which we need and are otherwise an extra-cost option. I prefer the CP wheels over the standard Lariat wheels, and I must confess that I like the chrome details (door handles, tailgate handle, exhaust tip).

My understanding is that 5th-wheel prep is not a factory option on a 4x2.

Finally, after living with what worked and what didn't on our past two trucks, we comfortably feel that we've put together the truck configuration that'll be right for us. We recognize that it might not suit many others, but I think we're really going to enjoy it, and we decided that's most important this time around. If all works out well, then our older son will have to someday decide to keep it or find a new home for it.

Thanks again for taking the time to offer your perspectives!

Regards,
Jim / crewzer

Old 06-14-2018, 10:48 AM
toymaster
Elder User
My understanding is that 5th-wheel prep is not a factory option on a 4x2
You are 100% correct, however, in can be a dealer installed option. This way it can be part of the financed price or, of course, purchased separately.

In my opinion, having the ability to drive off the lot and go hook up to a trailer, with no extra work involved, is sliced bread level of convenience. Best thing since sliced bread. No brake controller to install or continually adjust and no hitch to bolt and cut in, does it get better than this?

Old 06-14-2018, 11:29 AM
SDcrewzer
Posting Guru
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by toymaster View Post
You are 100% correct, however, in can be a dealer installed option. This way it can be part of the financed price or, of course, purchased separately.
Right you are! If we ever need this feature, we'll add it on at that time.

Thx,
Jim / crewzer

Old 06-14-2018, 12:10 PM
FastTaurusSHO
Freshman User
FastTaurusSHO is starting off with a positive reputation.
Gents,

Thanks for your comments, suggestions, and questions!

Two common comment items appear to be 4x4 and LED lights. We've had four trucks over the past 32 years, and they've all been 4x2 with limited-slip- or locking differentials. The new truck will also be a 4x2 with EL. We rarely go off-road, and, now that we're retired, we can hunker down for several days if it snows. Our other car is AWD, so we're covered if we have to get out. 4x4 may have been a consideration if we lived further north.

I like LED lights, but I found Ford's LED light option to be a rather poor value. I can convert virtually all of the new truck's lights to LED for ~$200.

The truck's key application will be hauling our slide-in camper (has 2x Group 24 AGM batteries and solar) or towing a travel trailer, typically to Federal Rec Areas and state- and national parks. This requirement drove many of the options we selected {Tow Tech Bundle (adaptive steering and Ultimate Trailer Tow 360-degree cameras plus a few other doo-dads), Spray-in Bedliner, BLIS, 4.30 axle, Customer Placed Camera, Wheel Well Liners, Upfitter Switches, ExEx HD Alternator, Camper Package}. I'll add after-market splash guards, all-weather mats, and a bed mat later.

I've been interested in the Lariat Ultimate since the 2017s were announced, but I didn't want the original package's moonroof. The Lar Ult Pkg no longer includes the MR, so we sprang for the many comfort features. Heated (and cooled) powered seats for both the driver and the front passenger and dual-zone AC fell somewhere between wants and needs. The new B&O audio system may not the best, but it's MUCH better than the audio system in our 2017 XLT. And, I must admit that I really want the Push-to-Start feature. I wish I could have deleted the Nav.

We considered the Lariat Value Package, but that increases the cost of the Tow Tech Bundle and makes the tailgate step (an absolute necessity) and extra-cost option, so the final cost difference was narrowed enough to be able to order the Ult Pkg and not later regret being too practical.

The LED Clearance lights are something of a configuration tradition, and I've not had any problems with leaks. The Chrome Package includes running boards, which we need and are otherwise an extra-cost option. I prefer the CP wheels over the standard Lariat wheels, and I must confess that I like the chrome details (door handles, tailgate handle, exhaust tip).

My understanding is that 5th-wheel prep is not a factory option on a 4x2.

Finally, after living with what worked and what didn't on our past two trucks, we comfortably feel that we've put together the truck configuration that'll be right for us. We recognize that it might not suit many others, but I think we're really going to enjoy it, and we decided that's most important this time around. If all works out well, then our older son will have to someday decide to keep it or find a new home for it.

Thanks again for taking the time to offer your perspectives!

Regards,
Jim / crewzer
Interesting. My 18 I just got was ordered very similar. Since we only pull tongue trailers, I didn't need the camper package or 5th wheel pkg and I wanted to keep the suspension as compliant as possible on a HD truck. I'm thinking we have similar tastes. F250 160"wb Blue Jeans over Stone gray, 6.2 V8, 4.30 gearing, Ultimate Lariat, FX4 package, Adaptive cruse/collision warn, Blind spot sys, trailer mounted camera, upfitter switch, garage door switch, XX HD alt, second battery, ultimate tow camera, head rear seats, bed mat, wheel well liners. Only thing I didn't get that I thought would be nice was the LED package, but Wife said we had to draw the line somewhere and I agreed.

I got the chrome package for the same reason as you, needed the steps, and liked the PVD Chrome wheels. Can't wait to see pictures of it when it arrives!

Old 06-14-2018, 01:17 PM
SDcrewzer
Posting Guru
Thumbs up

Excellent!

Regards,
Jim / crewzer

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.