Sponsored by:

Ford Bronco Modeling

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 04:16 AM
I3eardedI3lue
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Ford Bronco Modeling

Oh hello! I didn't see you there. Now that I have you, I have a modeling plan for a Ford Bronco. I game on PC. After finding a Sim called BeamNG.Drive. I am deciding to make its very own Bronco. I have seen a few attempts made. But I want to get more in-depth with the 4X4. Stock, mud, trophy. Now, this isn't going to be done within a few weeks. As I'm trying to get very detailed.
So I am here to ask you, would you help to get another Bronco in a game. Even if its just a small mod/add-on. It's always nice to see.
I cant compensate you for anything just FYI. I can look at Google. Ect ect. But if you want to help get down to the nitty-gritty and have your name posted in the credits that you helped with photos, information, sound, or whatever your contribution is, that's great I can have your username or real name whatever you want in the credits. If you tell me simple things like oh its got a 5.8l or a single snippet of your truck that's great information to use so I thank you for it ahead of time but credit will be given to the folk who help with more than a handful of things or depending on the value of information I guess.

Hope this is allowed and hope everyone understands what I'm asking.

Cheers and God bless!

Old 06-16-2018, 04:17 AM
I3eardedI3lue
New User
Lets Start with a 92
Pretty much bone stock to begin with.

First thing will be the Frame.
Photos of the frame would be nice. Dimensions, thickness, and such. ( I could just throw something together yes but I want this to be True to the Bronco name)

In the long run here, and depending how much support I can get from people.
I want to do 1 year out of every Gen of Bronco, This includes but is not limited to Bronco, Bronco 2, and our 4 door.
This is my goal. But I am doing this in my free time.

Old 06-21-2018, 11:51 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've thought a lot about modeling my Bronco for games using blender or the student version of 3ds max I used to have.... I never got around to it though. I wanted to make it for Skyrim (yeah I know perfect game to add it to, I am a little ambitious and wanted to script a vehicle in there.. but I have too many other things I want to do before I can consider a project that large) I can't guarantee anything, but maybe I could throw up some quick pictures and measurements sometime soon.

Old 06-22-2018, 12:24 AM
McLeod
Cargo Master
Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts
Is this a for profit venture for you?

Old 06-25-2018, 10:08 PM
I3eardedI3lue
New User
Originally Posted by Bubba Jones
I've thought a lot about modeling my Bronco for games using blender or the student version of 3ds max I used to have.... I never got around to it though. I wanted to make it for Skyrim (yeah I know perfect game to add it to, I am a little ambitious and wanted to script a vehicle in there.. but I have too many other things I want to do before I can consider a project that large) I can't guarantee anything, but maybe I could throw up some quick pictures and measurements sometime soon.

Lol Skyrim, what exactly were you going to replace? The dragons?
yeah, whatever helps. I've posted this on a few bronco FB groups plus 2 other major Bronco groups.
You'd think people would be more up to the idea, I've got a lot of support from the Bronco community.
Didnt think id have to beg, or is this site not used much? i didnt check, figured the name ment what it says.

Old 06-25-2018, 10:21 PM
I3eardedI3lue
New User
Originally Posted by McLeod
Is this a for profit venture for you?
Sorry, I wasn't clear about that. Usually, MODS /Add-ons (it does depend on the game I guess) are NON-profit
Why do you ask?!? If I were doing this for profit, I would need approval by FORD themselves, and I doubt they would allow that without a large sum of money.
That being said, even if I did, id have to compensate people for their help.

Old 06-25-2018, 10:24 PM
I3eardedI3lue
New User
Okay guys, here is something I need done, probably from a handful of people.

SOUND
these I will have to keep track of so that I have at least 2-3 copies of each.
Do you know of any other bronco/ford group or forums? shot me the link or tell them about my project.
I need all the help I can get.

okay for the details.

three positions- Driver seat (windows up), Engine bay, exhaust(close by not close enough that its all distorted.)

1. Cold start
2. Warm Start?
3. Starting idle
4. normal idle
I will need a decent variety of RPM sounds also
1k 2k etc as high as someone will go.
now these rpm sounds have to be held at that particular rpm for a very short amount of time in single clips.

Now I cant send you any audio equipment for this and I wish I could to get the sounds perfect.
but I can do that later honestly. So making sure there aren't people talking or background noise. Little things I should be able to cancel out... but I need just truck sounds. Also sound of the back window rolling up and then rolling down.
I can try to put the power steering pump whine noise too if someone can get it for me...

Thanks everyone!