Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Bad experience with Dennis Carpenter

Old 06-11-2018, 08:53 PM
flatbedfordguy
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bad experience with Dennis Carpenter

I recently ordered the wrong part (my fault) sent it back (unopened) and paid the return shipping and re-ordered the correct part. Ten business days have passed and the refund has yet to show up in my account.. Calls to Dennis Carpenter are merely met with simplistic platitudes of "wait a few more days". That's unacceptable in my opinion. I will never do business with Dennis Carpenter again, their customer service, pertaining to returns, is horrendous.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:04 PM
grinnergetter
Cargo Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
That's not a big deal sir. CC companies can take up to 3 weeks for the credit to show up.

Of course it's your money and you certainly can choose to not shop with DC again. Coming here to bash the company however is not called for....at least not yet.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:08 PM
Mech Anon
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're overreacting. Your return only gets processed after they actually receive it. Once it's processed, it's on your credit card company. It can take a couple days or a couple weeks. Relax.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:12 PM
flatbedfordguy
Elder User
With all due respect I beg to differ. TEN business days are more than enough to credit ones account.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:24 PM
Mech Anon
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flatbedfordguy
With all due respect I beg to differ. TEN business days are more than enough to credit ones account.
You can beg all you want. For what should be obvious reasons, they don't process the refund until AFTER they receive your return shipment. Just because you began the return process 10 days ago, doesn't even mean they've received your package yet. They'll issue your refund as soon as that happens, and then how long it takes to post to your account is entirely up to your CC company. Sometimes it doesn't show up until the end of the billing period. You've got no business badmouthing retailers if you don't understand how online return transactions work... I can assure you, they're not trying to swindle you. You're just being impatient.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:42 PM
flatbedfordguy
Elder User
That's my whole point. They did receive the return and ostensibly issued a refund on 6-1-18 but yet TEN days later 6-11-18 it has yet to be reflected in my account.

I have had many dealings with online vendors but Dennis Carpenter is by far the worst customer experience of them all.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:17 PM
highoctane74
More Turbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am sure you will get it, just takes them forever. It's like dealing with the government. You pay us now, but we go at our own pace issuing a refund.

Just be glad you aren't dealing with poly performance. I ordered a brake booster kit for a customer. Got charged more than advertised price, twice. Lol. Paid a premium to have express shipping that took longer than standard. Was charged duty twice. Recieved the wrong parts. They would not return emails or my phone calls. Took two months to have a credit for the double billing only after dealing with my credit card company. Brutal service.

I have used Dennis carpenter a few times and have had good luck, hope it works out for you.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:28 PM
flatbedfordguy
Elder User
Originally Posted by highoctane74
I am sure you will get it, just takes them forever. It's like dealing with the government. You pay us now, but we go at our own pace issuing a refund.
You're probably right, I am probably just being impatient, but ten days is a very long time. When I deal with LMC or Jegs/Summit the refund is almost immediate,

Old 06-12-2018, 09:55 AM
Aaron-71
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
You're probably right, I am probably just being impatient, but ten days is a very long time. When I deal with LMC or Jegs/Summit the refund is almost immediate,
How else are the credit card companies supposed to be able to play your money on the stock market, make a buck, and then return you your money if they don't keep it for at least 3 weeks?

Just saying. If you're really hurt for the cash you put out, use PayPal next time? More cost up front, but faster returns too.

Old 06-12-2018, 01:31 PM
flatbedfordguy
Elder User
Finally got my refund after a somewhat "heated" phone call this morning, 4hrs later the refund was credited to my bank account. This was NOT an issue with my bank it was an issue with Dennis Carpenter. After finally speaking with someone that actually listened to me instead of just trying to blow me off it was discovered the refund was never even issued!

Maybe this was an anomaly, maybe not, I do not care to find out. I will take my future business elsewhere.

Old 06-12-2018, 01:43 PM
gittinwidit
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally got my refund after a somewhat "heated" phone call this morning, 4hrs later the refund was credited to my bank account. This was NOT an issue with my bank it was an issue with Dennis Carpenter. After finally speaking with someone that actually listened to me instead of just trying to blow me off it was discovered the refund was never even issued!

Maybe this was an anomaly, maybe not, I do not care to find out. I will take my future business elsewhere.
Besides OEM, DC is the owner of Ford Company's original tooling that originally made these trucks, who else do we have to go to? The quality of DC parts is superior compared to anything else aftermarket. I hate to say it but if you want good fitting parts, you have no choice. They can do about what ever they want. I'd just be glad I finally got my money back.

In the future I would just be sure to do my homework of what part I needed. This site is great for that. Simply ask it here and you can get any correct part number you need for ordering.

Old 06-12-2018, 01:55 PM
flatbedfordguy
Elder User
Originally Posted by gittinwidit
Besides OEM, DC is the owner of Ford Company's original tooling that originally made these trucks, who else do we have to go to? The quality of DC parts is superior compared to anything else aftermarket. I hate to say it but if you want good fitting parts, you have no choice.
That may be true for some of their parts, even most, but certainly not all. The part I bought (fuel tank sending unit) was advertised on DC's very own website as "MADE IN THE USA", not so! Upon opening the shipping container the box the sending unit was in was stamped "MADE IN CHINA".

As I stated above, I am done with this company.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:26 PM
flatbedfordguy
Elder User
This crap Chinese sending unit from Dennis Carpenter read "FULL" for over 43 miles (I get 8mpg in a 20gal tank). it should of slowly descended to read 3/4 "FULL".

Dennis Carpenter should not attach their name to a faulty product, AND advertise it as made in the U.S.A. when it comes from CHINA!

Their float is half brass/half cork (unlike the OEM float which is all brass). very disappointing!

CAVEAT EMPTOR!

Old 06-17-2018, 06:12 AM
EricJ
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts
#1 I'm '65 , been driving these trucks since they were new, and many many other Fords over the years, and have never had one with an accurate fuel gauge. One of their traits is holding onto the full mark forever before starting their decline. Me thinks you are looking for excuses to Whine.

#2 If it was important to me that the replacement part was made in USA,(which it is to me,also), I wouldn't install it in my truck unless there was NO USA made part available.

#3 I'm guessing like most places, the customer service personnel are getting $5.00 per hour, so I don't expect much from any company I deal with online.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:40 PM
flatbedfordguy
Elder User
To point #1 I agree about the factory fuel gauge, it's just like the factory temp gauge, or factory oil pressure gauge, their readings are just a "guestimate" at best, they are notoriously inaccurate. I have an aftermarket fuel gauge which read accurate with the oem sending unit but does not read accurate with the cheap Chinese sending unit from Dennis Carpenter.

To point #2 I always prefer "made in USA" parts when available, that's exactly why I bought this part from Dennis Carpenter because it was (falsely) advertised as "made in USA".

To point #3 I concur, exceptional customer service is a thing of the past, it no longer exists with most companies. Paying your employees poverty level wages is no excuse for lackluster customer service.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bad experience with Dennis Carpenter