Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O O Oil

Old 06-13-2018, 11:25 AM
brandon_oma#692
Posting Guru
brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.
I am pretty sure this is the patent for the "Golden Nugget". If the ebay one referenced by CousinCarl and SRBF150 is the same as the one I looked at before I do not see how it gets around the patent. I would not be surprised if the "ebay guy" was told to stop.

Look at the pictures and start reading on the second to last page near the bottom at
Having fully and clearly described the invention so as to
enable one having skill in the art to understand and practice
the same, the invention claimed is:
1. An assembly comprising:....................................... .......................
PDF
https://patentimages.storage.googlea.../US9671272.pdf

GOOGLE
https://patents.google.com/patent/US...=9%2c671%2c272

Old 06-13-2018, 11:33 AM
ArmyLifer
Senior User
ArmyLifer has a great reputation on FTE.ArmyLifer has a great reputation on FTE.ArmyLifer has a great reputation on FTE.ArmyLifer has a great reputation on FTE.ArmyLifer has a great reputation on FTE.
I’m not sure how the Dorman version gets around the patent. The picture of the actual Golden Nugget linked above has “patent pending” engraved on it.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:43 AM
brandon_oma#692
Posting Guru
brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by ArmyLifer View Post
I’m not sure how the Dorman version gets around the patent. The picture of the actual Golden Nugget linked above has “patent pending” engraved on it.
The Dorman one I have seen is a copy of the OEM. You need to remove the oil pan to install it and the seals are on the inside.

Edit for the Patent One of the claims is the seals are on the outside and it is done without removing the pan.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.