Notices
1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-fuel from Mark Fugazzotto purchased

Old 06-09-2018, 06:31 PM
Hit Man X
Posting Guru
Hit Man X is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Hit Man X is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thumbs up E-fuel from Mark Fugazzotto purchased

Bought it, I paid $675 as of June 2018. Here it is all laid out, I will post more photos as I progress. Filter assembly is mounted and finished, up top under hood nearly there. Plenums are off to reseal, so I cannot install the driver supply pipe yet!

Fuel pump is a Walbro 255lph unit.

I am going to power it up right out of the fuse box, pretty easy since we have an empty relay slot. Grab some stuff from any junk F-series of this generation and off we go.

Old 06-10-2018, 10:39 AM
BRIAN NORCAL
Freshman User
BRIAN NORCAL is starting off with a positive reputation.
Been looking at Mark's Efuel for awhile. Looks like a quality build, especially for the price. If you.can, try to do a step by step install with pics.

Old 06-10-2018, 10:49 AM
97-psd
Posting Guru
97-psd has a good reputation on FTE.97-psd has a good reputation on FTE.
That is a nice kit. He does a nice job on those. Let us know how it goes.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:17 PM
Senior User
867.309 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Will vibration and/or heat kill the electric pump if you mount that bracket to the engine? Is the square thing a lift pump? Pressure regulator?

I'm likely to change my fuel pump soon but e-fuel is not out of the question.

Old 06-10-2018, 01:11 PM
Hit Man X
Posting Guru
Hit Man X is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Hit Man X is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thumbs up

The pump has a closed cell foam insulation prophylactic on it to deal with major vibrations. The frame should not vibrate a ton unless you have rotten engine/trans mounts.

Square box is the pressure regulator box, top hole is for old Schrader valve, fuel pressure sending unit, or mechanical gauge. Hole in front is for the plug from the old fuel filter housing, kit comes with new pressure regulator assembly. Two parallel fittings are the feed lines to the rear of the cylinder heads. Two offset on opposing end are the return soft lines from the front of the heads. Larger are the main fuel supply and return to and from the tank.

Standby for some install pics.

Old 06-10-2018, 01:21 PM
Hit Man X
Posting Guru
Thumbs up

Go ahead and remove the old pump and fuel filter housing assembly. Save the front soft lines that go from the heads to the housing. These will be reused. You will reuse a few things from the housing so do not chunk it just yet. The banjo fitting and pipe assembly needs to be removed, remove it how you see fit if the turbocharger is in place. Mine is out for uppipes and a 1.0 housing, so much easier.

Old 06-10-2018, 01:35 PM
Hit Man X
Posting Guru
Thumbs up

Once that is out, install the freeze plug. I think I used a 13mm socket to drive it home. Not a big deal. Lots of debate for sealant or not on the plug, I chose not to after speaking with my machinist. Flip a coin to decide for yourself. Just clean a bit around the hole prior to installation. Once you have done that, clean with what you see fit. It is going to be nasty in there!

Yes, that is a clutch and pressure plate on the ground. ZF out for a rebuild.

Old 06-10-2018, 01:37 PM
nateairman
Posting Guru
nateairman is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.nateairman is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
May as well put a t4 in there...

Old 06-10-2018, 01:39 PM
Hit Man X
Posting Guru
Thumbs up

Next up is to shorten the SUPPLY line to the old setup. There is a slight curve and you want to use your pipe cutoff tool to get in there and knock this out. There is a small, 10mm bolt that secures a clamp behind the A/C compressor (if equipped). Remove this to allow more movement, then there is a 13mm above the driver's battery ground point on the block. I removed this also for even more wiggle room.

Old 06-10-2018, 01:48 PM
Hit Man X
Posting Guru
Thumbs up

Now, I am no Ansel Adams, so this picture is a bit blurry. Here we are installing a compression fitting, you need to knock the crap off the outside of the pipe for a clean fit. Mark recommended 220 grit sandpaper to clean it up. No big deal, clean it then install the fitting. Also these fittings require a standard set of wrenches, but being a 9th Gen Ford owner, you should have standard and metric as the truck is both.

Disregard the HPOP line, I removed it for plenum reseal.

Old 06-10-2018, 02:00 PM
Hit Man X
Posting Guru
Thumbs up

Install new fuel pressure regulator assembly with new o-ring on old plug. I tightened it to snug and a bit more, should be fine. If not, I will report back.

Old 06-10-2018, 02:08 PM
Hit Man X
Posting Guru
Thumbs up

Here is the fuel pressure block installed in the valley with corresponding hoses. The two hard pipes only go one way, the driver pipe fitting needs to be tweaked at the head. I have yet to do this as I have just removed the plenums for resealing.

Just install the hoses nearly snug but loose enough to clear anything and move as needed, same with the bolts to the block.

Schrader valve not installed yet as I may toss in a mechanical gauge. Front, return soft lines also not installed yet.

Old 06-10-2018, 06:59 PM
97-psd
Posting Guru
97-psd has a good reputation on FTE.97-psd has a good reputation on FTE.
Just go with a gauge, much easier to work with than using a schrader valve

Old 06-10-2018, 07:42 PM
Hit Man X
Posting Guru
Any brand preference?

Stuff on frame is finished, I will post a picture tomorrow

Old 06-10-2018, 09:20 PM
oldbird1965
Post Fiend
oldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to behold
Not sure about brand but get a liquid filled one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: E-fuel from Mark Fugazzotto purchased

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: