6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

COUNTERFIT MOTORCRAFT FILTERS from Amazon.com: Fuel filter problem - won’t snap into cap

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 08:24 AM
bismic
Fleet Owner
Received 2,469 Likes on 1,711 Posts
BBB review:
https://www.bbb.org/losangelessilico...rson-ca-348431

Also, the "Auto Parts Warehouse" review below seems plausible (note - there were also some good reviews of the company, but 25% negative):

This place presents itself as a US based parts warehouse... but in practice it seems to be a "boiler room" operation in the Philippines where everything is drop shipped from the manufacturer or wholesaler. If all goes well there are no problems. They benefit off the integrity of their suppliers. If anything goes wrong... they are not equipped to handle any issues in a reasonable manner. Buyer beware!!!!

Some time ago I ordered seat covers from their website. I used PayPal so I felt somewhat protected with delayed payment. After a week of no information, I called for an update. I was told the items were drop shipped from the manufacturer and where delayed a month. I accepted this with the assurance my PayPal charge would not go through until shipped. A week later... still no new info and the charge went through. It seems all numbers go to a call center in the Philippines. Command of the English language is limited and they are clearly working off scripted responses. Their standard answer for everything is a promise all will be resolved in 24 to 48 hours, which s a lie and they make up clearly false excuses for anything.

After threatening legal action I coincidentally was provided a tracking number as the part manufacturer released the shipment. A week later... the part was incorrect. As I now had the part manufacturer's number, I called them and confirmed they supplied the part as ordered. The part I needed was a different part number. The vendor's website had the wrong description and photo for the part number.

After spending hours on the phone listening to their people try every canned response, including accusing the part manufacturer of being wrong and that the part number I provided was what they sent just a different part number. I told them I was a career parts guy and this was just unacceptable if not criminal. I sent lots of email threads to back this all up. A couple days later I get a call from a manager who was supposed to be in California, but with an equally thick Filipino accent. Very hard to understand her English. They apologized and asked me to send the part back. They would then inspect it and refund my money within ten days of inspection. They said they would fire the people who I dealt with... I said, I just want them to pay for the return shipping and I don't want to wait for my refund. It was clearly their fault. I even provided the correct part numbers.

They said they would call me back in 24 hours to arrange a courier to pick up the part?!! Ever heard of a call tag? OK it is now painfully clear these guys are off shore, but try everything to make you think otherwise. I see by other reviews that this is not a reputable company... so I files a claim with PayPal. I had to pay to send the item back to an address provided by PayPal... but I feel assured I will eventually get my money back, where I just could not trust the vendor to follow through. Very sad statement in and of itself. So here it is 5 weeks after order and I don't have a part I needed... I had to fight and beg to get the bad part back and I am still awaiting my money back. Stay away from these people at all cost. Companies like this give other online retailers a bad name.

Old 06-05-2018, 08:57 AM
steinernm
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow bismic! Great work. And the problem with Amazon is that you see the word “Motorcraft” on the page, as if the item is shipped directly from Motorcraft. But then at the bottom of the page you see “Sold by AutoPartsWarehouse and fulfilled by Amazon.”

No way. They can keep their knock-off junk. This would be a good thread to send to Amazon for their review of AutoPartsWarehouse.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:04 AM
TooManyToys.
Hotshot

Received 2,073 Likes on 1,403 Posts
I’ve learned in the past to see where and from whom Amazon materials are coming from.

Actually if it’s a good supplier and they have their own website the material may be be cheaper rather then they adding on paying Amazon fees.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:16 PM
TooManyToys.
Hotshot

You all should check out the feedback lately on Amazon purchased oil filters.

Amazon Amazon

Old 06-17-2018, 08:34 PM
steinernm
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UNBELIEVABLE

Originally Posted by TooManyToys.
You all should check out the feedback lately on Amazon purchased oil filters.

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-FL...ustomerReviews
I don’t know whether to be surprised or to have expected this, but it does anger me. Good catch! DO NOT BUY FILTERS FROM AMAZON. I think that these two reviews are good enough evidence to say that my issue with these fuel filters is the same thing. Note that he mentions the packaging like I did.
I think about the potential issues that consumers are being exposed to here and it is a big deal! I am changing the name of this thread to help spread the word.

Here are the first few bad reviews:

Old 06-18-2018, 01:11 PM
navistarnut
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
One thing to keep in mind with Amazon parts.........they get returns all the time that don't get checked back in properly.
If anyone here thinks that each part returned actually goes through any type of 5 step process is either high or just plain ignorant.

I have it on good authority that approx 75% of the time, the item simply gets put back in stock with just a cursory glance, as so much of the process is automated.
So what can and does happen is people will give some bogus reason to return a part, and return something that the vendor would not knowingly sell.
I've actually had a questionable brake rotor shipped to me two different times.....the same exact rotor.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:30 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by navistarnut
I have it on good authority that approx 75% of the time, the item simply gets put back in stock with just a cursory glance
I believe that!

I've previously purchased blemished returns that had been "checked out" and were "confirmed" to only have scratches and superficial marks only on the outside, and upon arrival of one such item (microwave) the whole internal display panel was broken off from the touchpad and was cocked to the side so you couldn't even read the display properly. Really? Only superficial scratches and marks?

Stewart

Old 06-19-2018, 01:48 PM
jsm180
Fleet Mechanic
Received 61 Likes on 38 Posts
Just bought 2 4967 filters for our Toyotas and mowers from Amazon. The driver left them on the porch but not under the roof and the box got soaked in a rain storm. Amazon wants them back but they are now marked "water damaged".

Old 06-19-2018, 01:55 PM
TooManyToys.
Hotshot

My granddaughters friend from college works in HR at an Amazon regional. Don't buy returns no matter how tempting.

RockAuto in contrast does check the item and will tag as a return and checked.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:49 PM
F350 1990
Fleet Mechanic
Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Folks - 40% of Amazon's vendors are Chinese and 100% of Chinese have little to no regard for Intellectual Property rights -- counterfeiters are cheats and the Chinese are #1 in the World at it.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:56 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Damn... when I went to the page you linked it shows I have bought that part before :/

Old 06-20-2018, 09:11 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
And people wonder WHY I won't buy things from Amazon.
At least with fleabay you mostly know your gambling. But getting a photo of said item helps.
Amazon sellers use too many stock photos. Not an Amazon lover that is for sure.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:40 PM
TooManyToys.
Hotshot

IMO, what's on amazon has gone downhill from years ago. I've been a member since 2001. I never used to have returns, now I'm anxious I'm going to be one of those dis-invited because I return too much.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:58 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 409 Likes on 271 Posts
Originally Posted by Yahiko
And people wonder WHY I won't buy things from Amazon.
At least with fleabay you mostly know your gambling. But getting a photo of said item helps.
Amazon sellers use too many stock photos. Not an Amazon lover that is for sure.
Sean, that is interesting because I've gone the opposite. Not that I don't buy on eBay, just nowhere near what I used to. here's the last example: Bought a BluRay player - Listing says that it will come with an Authorized Dealer Receipt in the box. Receipt wasn't from an authorized dealer, wonder how many folks check. Well I used a CC via Paypal that triples my warranty, I WANT that receipt! So I email the Seller, and they email a PDF of my Receipt (from a totally different entity) that says I paid Cash. I asked for one that says I paid via PAYPAL. No problem they say, have yet to see the Receipt....

I Call Amazon when I have a problem with one of their vendors and it is almost always a one call solution. eBay? Not even close...

Great price on a factory Motorcraft filter, but then wasn't it Bill that had one come unglued? Crap having it not fit in the 1st place would be a bonus to finding THAT after the fact...

My $.02, which is worth less than the copper...
Scott

Old 06-20-2018, 10:15 PM
TooManyToys.
Hotshot

I've had good luck with eBay/PayPal taking care of seller issues. Today I was just looking up when I purchased something and a bad deal was in the list. Got $225 refunded and an additional $25 from the seller just to keep me calm. Just had 2 eBay things come in today and another tomorrow. One a best offer.

Quick Reply: COUNTERFIT MOTORCRAFT FILTERS from Amazon.com: Fuel filter problem - won’t snap into cap