Notices
2015+ F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's all towing with their 5.0's?

Old 06-18-2018, 10:06 AM
dubster101
New User
dubster101 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Towing my two quads (~2,000lbs total weight with trailer) - easy peasy for the 5.0

Old 06-18-2018, 01:05 PM
johndeerefarmer
Posting Guru
johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by 4wheelfurry View Post
With the airbags I don't even know. It hadles the weight extremely well. Still has a tad bit more wallow than I'd like when say crossing bridges so I need a little more shock. I'm in the process of correcting that now. I have pulled tag alongs as well, the airbags makes pulling so nice! And payload is an afterthought lol Pin weight on my 5er is around 900#. It is supposed to be a 1/2 ton towable unit factory built.
Hitch weight unloaded is more like 1700-1800 lbs and probably 2100-2400 lbs loaded, a far cry from your 900 lbs.

Now I am not the weight police as I tow very heavy stuff with my F150 but if you think your pin is 900 lbs you need to put it on a scale.

Old 06-18-2018, 02:16 PM
johndeerefarmer
Posting Guru
johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.johndeerefarmer has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by 4wheelfurry View Post
With the airbags I don't even know. It hadles the weight extremely well. Still has a tad bit more wallow than I'd like when say crossing bridges so I need a little more shock. I'm in the process of correcting that now. I have pulled tag alongs as well, the airbags makes pulling so nice! And payload is an afterthought lol Pin weight on my 5er is around 900#. It is supposed to be a 1/2 ton towable unit factory built.
Hitch weight unloaded is more like 1700-1800 lbs and probably 2100-2400 lbs loaded, a far cry from your 900 lbs.

Now I am not the weight police as I tow very heavy stuff with my F150 but if you think your pin is 900 lbs. You need to put it on a scale.

Old 06-18-2018, 02:38 PM
ecoboost12
Senior User
ecoboost12 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post

Now I am not the weight police as I tow very heavy stuff with my F150 but if you think your pin is 900 lbs. You need to put it on a scale.
I have to chime in here I agree with you I would like to see what the scale says I think the Decimal is in the wrong place and the Pin weight is Double
I have to say this I think F 250 is calling out!!!

Old 06-18-2018, 03:01 PM
Rickyrobert
Senior User
Rickyrobert is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Rickyrobert is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Not much, but i do tow a popup trailer. 2k lbs. Pics soon.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:25 PM
cbradford
Post Fiend
cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.
Towed my sons 32 TT about 80 miles home, his other brand was having issues. Trailer is about 8000 lbs, did better than expected since my son was towing with a 2500HD. As mentioned the 5.0 likes the 3k to 4K rpm range and lock out 6th gear. My only complaint was with tow haul mode and compression breaking, so went to manual mode so I could control. My 2017 has 2050lb payload package with integrated brake controller and at full payload can tow 9100lbs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: