Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Ford Remote Start on 2018 XL

Old 02-22-2019, 06:19 AM
hlozano
Senior User
hlozano is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.hlozano is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Another successful install

Thanks to this thread I successfully added remote start to my 2018 F350 CC diesel. I ordered the Ford JS7Z-19A361-A Vehicle Security System from Amazon which came from Fairway Ford for $179. Jumped into Forscan and made the following changes.

Load the BdyCM module and set the highlighted values to Enabled. Write, turn key off then back on. The Remote Start will now appear in your console under Advanced Settings->Vehicle.

Load the IPC module and set the highlighted values to Enabled. Write, turn key off then back on. Climate Control and Seats now appear in the menu under Remote Start.

It took less time to install then converting my headlights to LED's. Thank you all for the information. I always learn a lot from this forum.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:52 PM
deez904
New User
deez904 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Has anyone successfully done this in a 2019 250 xlt? I keep reading forscan doesnít work on the 19 models...

Old 06-04-2019, 10:35 PM
traveldawg
Senior User
traveldawg is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a 2018 Lariat that has remote start (on FOB press LOCK and 2X twice and truck starts).

Can I install Part No: JS7Z-19A361-A (VSS Ford Perimeter Plus) without using ForScan (or dealer) to enable it?

Old 06-04-2019, 11:38 PM
CenTex Booger Eater
New User
CenTex Booger Eater is starting off with a positive reputation.
Interested if anyone has installed on a 2019 F250 STX

Old 06-08-2019, 09:52 PM
traveldawg
Senior User
traveldawg is starting off with a positive reputation.
bumping for CenTex and I.......

Old 07-12-2019, 03:20 PM
Czubek
New User
Czubek is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by NorEasterMA View Post
I have both. Fob "lock-unlock-lock" sequence starts the truck as does my iPhone app. Best of both worlds. FWIW in the three installs I've done with this VSS module (one 17 and two 18's) all required the jumper to be in place for everything to work.
I just had the remote start installed at a "local" Ford dealer, as part of a purchase of a 2017 f-250 XLT SD. I tried the "lock-unlock-lock", that doesn't work. The remote start fob works well, though.
I looked under the dash and located the module with said jumper installed. There are also, what looks to be two other empty connectors, one blue and one white, which are beside the plug with the jumper.

The dealer installed: EL3Z-19G364-B remote start, FT4Z-19A361-A electronic module and HC3Z-19G366-A sensor assembly. The later being a hood switch, which I see no evidence of, but the "hood ajar" warning shows when I pop the hood with the key on.

I would like to just use the one key fob, with the "lock-unlock-lock", though.

Brian

Old 07-12-2019, 07:54 PM
markusarealuis
Junior User
markusarealuis is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by CenTex Booger Eater View Post
I have a 2019 F250 STX, and remote start sitting in my garage. I have not tried to install it yet, but I can't image it not working on the 2019 models.

And to answer another persons question: FORScan doesn't work on 2019. This is not true, I used FORScan extensively for installing an 8" cluster in my truck. I had to change multiple settings in my IPC using FORScan and it performed flawlessly.

Old 07-13-2019, 05:28 PM
markusarealuis
Junior User
Originally Posted by CenTex Booger Eater View Post
Booger Eater (lol), I just installed the remote start on my 2019 F250 STX and it works like a charm. Went into forscan and enabled the BdyCM and everything is working perfectly. While I was in there I also added the Def Filter % coded to add it to my display. Currently itís at 55%

Old 07-13-2019, 06:09 PM
markusarealuis
Junior User
How to get to this screen in Forscan ?

Originally Posted by hlozano View Post
Thanks to this thread I successfully added remote start to my 2018 F350 CC diesel. I ordered the Ford JS7Z-19A361-A Vehicle Security System from Amazon which came from Fairway Ford for $179. Jumped into Forscan and made the following changes.

Load the BdyCM module and set the highlighted values to Enabled. Write, turn key off then back on. The Remote Start will now appear in your console under Advanced Settings->Vehicle.

Load the IPC module and set the highlighted values to Enabled. Write, turn key off then back on. Climate Control and Seats now appear in the menu under Remote Start.

It took less time to install then converting my headlights to LED's. Thank you all for the information. I always learn a lot from this forum.
okay, I am relatively new to Forscan and I have installed this remote start and it works great using the proper coding in BdyCM and IPC. However, I would love to know how to get to the above screens so I can have it displayed on my cluster. Can someone give me instructions on how to get to these screens ?

Never-mind, I figured it out needed to go to plain English mode.

Old 07-13-2019, 07:57 PM
NorEasterMA
The Lighting Guy
NorEasterMA has a very good reputation on FTE.NorEasterMA has a very good reputation on FTE.NorEasterMA has a very good reputation on FTE.
Here's a funky situation that I wonder if anyone has run into - I have the 12volt.solutions module (which I've got on good authority as being the ford module) and then I have the OEM remote access kit in. It has always enabled me to start the truck either with the lock/unlock/lock on the key fob or with the app on my phone. Everything worked fine for over a year and a half and then the other day I go to start it with the key fob and the lock/unlock/lock sequence doesn't start it up anymore, but it does prompt the parking lights to flash 3 times, then 2 times. Weird right? The app starts it right up. Anyone run into this?

Old 07-13-2019, 09:43 PM
CenTex Booger Eater
New User
CenTex Booger Eater is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by markusarealuis View Post
Booger Eater (lol), I just installed the remote start on my 2019 F250 STX and it works like a charm. Went into forscan and enabled the BdyCM and everything is working perfectly. While I was in there I also added the Def Filter % coded to add it to my display. Currently itís at 55%
Thanks! Truck is in the shop right now but hope to get it back Monday. Will have to start on my mod wish list again.