Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Ford Remote Start on 2018 XL

Old 12-29-2018, 10:02 AM
RegularCabPlati
New User
RegularCabPlati is starting off with a positive reputation.
just installed kit FT4Z-19A361-A and it didn't come with the jumper plug. can someone post a picture of this plug and where it goes.

Old 12-29-2018, 10:17 AM
Truckie256
Elder User
Truckie256 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I am in same boat...it appears this unit does not come with jumper... And module look different thantwhat others are posting they have seller telling me it is only security and the cell phone remote start is an add on module... I just asked for a refund and will start over... Probably go through Tasca and let them have VIN # to verify right part with jumper etc.

Old 12-29-2018, 10:29 AM
RegularCabPlati
New User
RegularCabPlati is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Truckie256 View Post
I am in same boat...it appears this unit does not come with jumper... And module look different thantwhat others are posting they have seller telling me it is only security and the cell phone remote start is an add on module... I just asked for a refund and will start over... Probably go through Tasca and let them have VIN # to verify right part with jumper etc.
that's where I got my kit from. looks like the jumper wire comes in the RMST upgrade antenna kit

Old 12-29-2018, 10:42 AM
Truckie256
Elder User
I think rmst upgrade just is for separate fob start.. not factory fob start.... Not sure

Old 12-29-2018, 03:56 PM
Truckie256
Elder User
Originally Posted by RegularCabPlati View Post
just installed kit FT4Z-19A361-A and it didn't come with the jumper plug. can someone post a picture of this plug and where it goes.
I called Fairway Ford... The FT4Z is NOT the remote start (shock sensor security only).... Trying to return mine...eBay money back guarantee or paypal.... I ordered the
18-19 Super Duty OEM Ford Security System w/ Remote Start uses Factory Flip Key!
Start your Vehicle with Lock/Unlock/Lock sequence!

This is a brand new OEM Genuine Ford Parts security system with remote start that uses your factory key to start your vehicle!

LOCK/UNLOCK/LOCK sequence will start the truck!

Use your factory key fobs to arm and disarm, helps provide contents protection too
  • When there’s sufficient impact to the glass or a body panel, the 2-stage shock sensor determines whether to issue a warning chirp or full alarm
  • When activated by your Ford Dealer, the Basic Remote Start System is also included; start your vehicle from 30' to 300’ away - Same range as your Lock/Unlock buttons
  • Parking lights remain on during remote start so you know the engine is idling
  • Run time and other features are easily programmed through the vehicle’s driver information center
  • No cut, no splice vehicle integration
  • SECURITY - From the factory the vehicle has either NO security or basic security called Perimeter Alarm. Now, by adding Perimeter Plus it monitors for sufficient impact to the glass or body panel and determines weather to issue a warning chirp or full alarm
  • Upgradable to long range and ultra long range with separate fobs/antenna - See our eBay store for other listings!
For all 2018 thru 2019 Ford Super Duty F-250, F-350, F-450 & F-550 with Power Windows and Power Door Locks and Switched Hood Latch.

To verify if you need the necessary hood latch you can start your truck while in park and pop your hood and see if you have an "AJAR" light come on. No "AJAR" light means you need to buy the hood latch kit. Contact us if you need to add this kit to your order.

This item MUST be programmed by a Ford/Lincoln Dealership with IDS software to Operate!

If you are unsure about your application please contact us with your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).

Fairway, It's Not Just A Name. That's The Way We Do Business!

My normal business schedule at work is 8:00am until 5:00pm EST Monday thru Friday. Please keep this in mind when attempting to contact me.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us!

Includes Ford's Nationwide 24-month/Unlimited Month Warranty!

This is a new OEM Genuine Ford Brand Factory Part designed, engineered, and built specifically for your Ford. Ford has made every effort that their Genuine Parts are top quality in terms of fit, finish and ease of installation!

Near 100% Positive Feedback Rating! Buy With Confidence! We Go The Extra Mile For Our Customers!

FREE Shipping & Handling anywhere in the Lower-48 United States. All items are shipped within 24 hours after receiving payment (Monday thru Friday 8:30am till 3:30pm Eastern Standard Time). Overnight shipping is available at very reasonable rates.

Ohio residents must pay State of Ohio Sales Tax.

Please check out our eBay store for Genuine Ford Parts and Accessories!

I included my VIN and vehicle description in the order to just be sure. They told me it will work with a 2017

Old 12-31-2018, 08:22 AM
Heathen Dave
Junior User
Heathen Dave is starting off with a positive reputation.
Does anyone know if I need both sets of keys with when the dealer enables remote start?

Old 12-31-2018, 09:29 AM
h20camper
Posting Guru
h20camper is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.h20camper is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
They shouldn't. It's just enabling it via FORScan/IDS. If you're having the dealer do it, I'd take both just for testing purposes.

Old 12-31-2018, 09:57 AM
Heathen Dave
Junior User
Heathen Dave is starting off with a positive reputation.
I dropped the truck off today for a warranty issue. I mentioned to the tech working on it that my Ford OEM remote start wont work and that I think it needs to be enabled. He said he would check if its turned on when he hooks up his computer.

So I'm crossing my fingers that he just turns it on. No cost to me. Lol

Old 01-01-2019, 10:26 AM
jbrianas
Senior User
jbrianas is starting off with a positive reputation.
so i havent used the truck since installed 12/19. went to use it yesterday and found battery dead as a door nail.
truck is stored in a heated shop so not cold weather related. i charged it up and got truck started,
battery is still weak and has red circle showing on battery . Also remote start function no longer works,

does the forscan changes need to be redone whenever battery is disconnected/dead ?
and thoughts, is it coincidence that battery died right after install, or is something with
alarm module draining battery down? any one else experience similar?

im going to try and do forscan changes again now and will post back,

thanks,

Old 01-01-2019, 12:54 PM
jbrianas
Senior User
jbrianas is starting off with a positive reputation.
ok, so i checked forscan, all settings are just fine. there are some trouble codes for low voltage in few modules, i guess thats expected/normal.
i then unplugged vss module, disconnect batt. then reconnect battery and plug in vss module, then key off -on -off.
everything working fine once again.

i leave keys in ignition while truck is not in use,
i wonder if that is causing a drain on battery?

Old 01-03-2019, 09:40 PM
Truckie256
Elder User
Originally Posted by jbrianas View Post
so i havent used the truck since installed 12/19. went to use it yesterday and found battery dead as a door nail.
truck is stored in a heated shop so not cold weather related. i charged it up and got truck started,
battery is still weak and has red circle showing on battery . Also remote start function no longer works,

does the forscan changes need to be redone whenever battery is disconnected/dead ?
and thoughts, is it coincidence that battery died right after install, or is something with
alarm module draining battery down? any one else experience similar?

im going to try and do forscan changes again now and will post back,

thanks,
I can now confirm that this part works on my
2017 XLT... Very easy upgrade that took like 20 minutes including Forscan changes.
Highly recommend

Old 01-16-2019, 05:19 PM
Nuckingfuts
Freshman User
Nuckingfuts is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by jbrianas View Post

Well I went ahead and ordered the parts and did it myself,

worked out just fine, got the module part at fairway ford 169.

and got the $15 usb module from amazon that I linked .
followed instructions in this post and a post on for scan.

theres a few steps in forescan that I figured out in my own,
that was the only gray area, though if I fumbled my way thru it
im sure any one could lol.

thanks to all contributors and thread starters!
I picked up this same OBD II connector and can confirm that it works great....after understanding the switch options. The instructions aren't very good and so understanding which switch position was HS vs MS wasn't clear. When I plugged in the connector and ran Forscan it would throw errors when the switch was in one position but would begin reading just fine in the other switch position. What I ultimately discovered through trial and error was that when the switch was positioned to the right (when plugged in), it was in MS mode and connected to the truck & compiled a list of 'modules'. BUT this compiled list wasn't complete as I didnt see an IPC module. After messing around I determined that I had to initially start the scan in the 'MS' mode (switch to the right), THEN after this initial list was compiled I had to switch to 'HS' mode (switch to the left) in order to compile the remainder of modules (which contained the IPC module along with about 8 others). After that I was able to modify the necessary modules to complete the remote start installation (I picked up the Ford remote start from Fairway Parts for $160 shipped). Another successful install by a forscan newbie!

Old 02-03-2019, 06:15 AM
dnewton3
Elder User
dnewton3 has a good reputation on FTE.dnewton3 has a good reputation on FTE.
So I have a few questions regarding the purchase options and the programming ....

Regarding purchasing the remote start unit, there are a few choices. Looking at this Fairway Ford website;
https://www.fairwayfordparts.net/sea...A361%E2%80%91A
Once I review them, there is a choice of 1-way or 2-way remote.
- I don't understand what the difference is; what do those entail? (what would I gain by having a 2-way remote?)
- I currently only have two factory OEM remote fobs. If I order the remote start unit with a 1-way fob, I assume that can be programmed into my BdyCM and be a 3rd remote? Do I even need to order a 3rd fob at all?
- down towards the bottom of the link description, there's a long list of "parts required"; JN1Z-19G366-A, JS7Z-15K601-A, JS7Z-15K601-B, DM5Z-19D596-A, JS7Z-15603-A, JS7Z-15K601-C
what are those for? I don't need to order those also, do I?

As for the ForScan;
I have already used ForScan to install the exterior code keypad, and upgrade to an XLT steering wheel. I am generally comfortable using ForScan. But I do have detailed questions. I am using the detailed F150 spreadsheet from the ForScan link here in the SD forum. (the google sheet list) (I am using "RS" as acronym for "remote start")

- In the BdyCM, there are many different lines using the "remote start" terms. I see lines at 726-20-01 (with 5 different sub-line options) as well as lines at 726-22-01, and 726-22-02. I am confused which lines I need to change!
Do I need to change all of them? or just the last one (726-02-02)? What are all those other choices for? Am I correct in assuming that I only need to enable the RS in line 726-22-02?

- In the BdyCM, I see the RS parking light enable; line 726-41-02 (is this the only line for the lights I need to address? or are there others?)

- In the BdyCM, I see a Global Open and Global Close in line 726-30-01. Are those what I use to enable the windows to operate with my existing remotes and/or key?

- In the IPC, adjust line 720-02-02, fifth character over from left, to read "A" (RS climate enable, RS driver seat off, RS feature enable, RS passenger seat off)
what is the "feature" option? why enable that versus the choice of code "8" which turns it off? Is the "feature" what allows the system to recognize the RS so that it will also allow the parking lights to be enabled from the RS command?

Certainly will appreciate any help you all can give me!

Old 02-03-2019, 11:22 AM
Truckie256
Elder User
This is what I bought... Like 1/2 hr install including Forscan and zip tie module in place... You need to have the hood ajar switch already....or u need to buy that too and install... Uses factory fob. Lock- unlock- lock

Originally Posted by Truckie256 View Post
I called Fairway Ford... The FT4Z is NOT the remote start (shock sensor security only).... Trying to return mine...eBay money back guarantee or paypal.... I ordered the
18-19 Super Duty OEM Ford Security System w/ Remote Start uses Factory Flip Key!
Start your Vehicle with Lock/Unlock/Lock sequence!

This is a brand new OEM Genuine Ford Parts security system with remote start that uses your factory key to start your vehicle!

LOCK/UNLOCK/LOCK sequence will start the truck!

Use your factory key fobs to arm and disarm, helps provide contents protection too
  • When there’s sufficient impact to the glass or a body panel, the 2-stage shock sensor determines whether to issue a warning chirp or full alarm
  • When activated by your Ford Dealer, the Basic Remote Start System is also included; start your vehicle from 30' to 300’ away - Same range as your Lock/Unlock buttons
  • Parking lights remain on during remote start so you know the engine is idling
  • Run time and other features are easily programmed through the vehicle’s driver information center
  • No cut, no splice vehicle integration
  • SECURITY - From the factory the vehicle has either NO security or basic security called Perimeter Alarm. Now, by adding Perimeter Plus it monitors for sufficient impact to the glass or body panel and determines weather to issue a warning chirp or full alarm
  • Upgradable to long range and ultra long range with separate fobs/antenna - See our eBay store for other listings!
For all 2018 thru 2019 Ford Super Duty F-250, F-350, F-450 & F-550 with Power Windows and Power Door Locks and Switched Hood Latch.

To verify if you need the necessary hood latch you can start your truck while in park and pop your hood and see if you have an "AJAR" light come on. No "AJAR" light means you need to buy the hood latch kit. Contact us if you need to add this kit to your order.

This item MUST be programmed by a Ford/Lincoln Dealership with IDS software to Operate!

If you are unsure about your application please contact us with your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).

Fairway, It's Not Just A Name. That's The Way We Do Business!

My normal business schedule at work is 8:00am until 5:00pm EST Monday thru Friday. Please keep this in mind when attempting to contact me.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us!

Includes Ford's Nationwide 24-month/Unlimited Month Warranty!

This is a new OEM Genuine Ford Brand Factory Part designed, engineered, and built specifically for your Ford. Ford has made every effort that their Genuine Parts are top quality in terms of fit, finish and ease of installation!

Near 100% Positive Feedback Rating! Buy With Confidence! We Go The Extra Mile For Our Customers!

FREE Shipping & Handling anywhere in the Lower-48 United States. All items are shipped within 24 hours after receiving payment (Monday thru Friday 8:30am till 3:30pm Eastern Standard Time). Overnight shipping is available at very reasonable rates.

Ohio residents must pay State of Ohio Sales Tax.

Please check out our eBay store for Genuine Ford Parts and Accessories!

I included my VIN and vehicle description in the order to just be sure. They told me it will work with a 2017

Old 02-22-2019, 05:56 AM
dnewton3
Elder User
dnewton3 has a good reputation on FTE.dnewton3 has a good reputation on FTE.
Got my RS installed last night. Used it this morning. Works exactly as advertised. LOVE IT!

While in ForScan, also got rid of those annoying door chimes and "doo doo doo" key-in-ignition chimes. Wow it's nice to have those gone!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installed Ford Remote Start on 2018 XL

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.