Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Ford Remote Start on 2018 XL

Old 09-09-2018, 11:32 AM
hotrodbones
New User
hotrodbones is starting off with a positive reputation.
I installed mine this week. I used Forscan to program and enabled Climate Control although it seems to use a standard medium blower setting. When I leave the blower setting to high after I turn the key on then the fan speeds ups to the max setting. I wish it would use the last setting I had in the truck so it would cool faster on these hot summer days.

Old 09-09-2018, 11:47 AM
coffeetwitch666
Senior User
coffeetwitch666 is starting off with a positive reputation.
the fan speed is what i was questioning. does any of your dash or climate control lights turn on?

i used the quick program screen to write the values.. im about to head back out to truck to see what it acutually changed in the as built data.

thanks for the replies

Old 09-09-2018, 12:16 PM
coffeetwitch666
Senior User
coffeetwitch666 is starting off with a positive reputation.
ok, i think part of my problem was i wasn't paying close enough attention in forscan. i first attempted to write in the as built data and typed 1 in a wrong location, when that didn't work, i used the simple enable buttons to get it all working. also i was testing with fan speed already set to low. just restored my ipc data to stock then went to as built and made the change.

for those that confused about values to be set in forscan these are what i used on my 2018 xl

bcm:
726-22-02 xxx1 xxxx xxxx
ipc:
720-02-02 xxxx Axxx

im assuming the A turns on the idle set time option and climate control. i was referencing the f150 spreadsheet as the super duty spreadsheet isnt as comprehensive

thanks again,

Old 09-13-2018, 09:23 PM
Txwhitetailhunter
Junior User
Txwhitetailhunter is starting off with a positive reputation.
This is awesome news! Thanks for the detailed write up!

Old 10-15-2018, 09:27 AM
coolray
Freshman User
coolray is starting off with a positive reputation.
2018 XL, F-250, 6.2L

Had the dealer install the kit and it works great. Like a few have mentioned, I have no running lights to indicate that it is running and the dash, mainly the climate control is dark. The blower does come on, however its pretty weak and I don't think I have the ability to use last setting. Took it back to the dealer and was told that the only setting available it to set the duration of run time. I was hoping I could set the climate control to high heat/defrost before I shut the truck off and then with remote start I would have snow free windows in the morning. Any suggestions??? Thanks.

Old 10-15-2018, 09:58 AM
NorEasterMA
The Lighting Guy
NorEasterMA has a very good reputation on FTE.NorEasterMA has a very good reputation on FTE.NorEasterMA has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by coolray
2018 XL, F-250, 6.2L

Had the dealer install the kit and it works great. Like a few have mentioned, I have no running lights to indicate that it is running and the dash, mainly the climate control is dark. The blower does come on, however its pretty weak and I don't think I have the ability to use last setting. Took it back to the dealer and was told that the only setting available it to set the duration of run time. I was hoping I could set the climate control to high heat/defrost before I shut the truck off and then with remote start I would have snow free windows in the morning. Any suggestions??? Thanks.
Dealer is wrong. Duration, climate control, Parking lights, etc can all be changed. If you have the remote start settings in your cluster screen, you can switch between "auto" and last setting. You want last setting. If you don't even seen the remote start settings in your cluster screen than the dealer didn't fully program the remote start system. It can all be done easily in FORScan and yes, it can be done by the dealer too. You need remote start parking lights enabled in the BCM, remote start climate control enabled (don't remember the module), and the remote start menu enabled in the IPC and once that's done you can change all the settings on your cluster screen.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:04 AM
coolray
Freshman User
UHG!!! If I only had a competent dealer. Can these changes be made even on an XL model. I had them install the Vehicle Security System-Ford Perimeter Plus Part No. JS7Z-19A361-A

Old 10-15-2018, 12:08 PM
h20camper
Posting Guru
h20camper is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.h20camper is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yes. Let FORScan become your friend.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:58 PM
NorEasterMA
The Lighting Guy
NorEasterMA has a very good reputation on FTE.NorEasterMA has a very good reputation on FTE.NorEasterMA has a very good reputation on FTE.
UHG!!! If I only had a competent dealer. Can these changes be made even on an XL model. I had them install the Vehicle Security System-Ford Perimeter Plus Part No. JS7Z-19A361-A
Yes I did all of these changes on a 2018 F450 XL, no problem.

Old 10-15-2018, 02:03 PM
coolray
Freshman User
Thank you everyone, I spend more time on this site that I probably should.

One last question, Is there any reason the dealer could not be able to make these changes if I decide to make another trip.

Old 10-15-2018, 02:33 PM
NorEasterMA
The Lighting Guy
Thank you everyone, I spend more time on this site that I probably should.

One last question, Is there any reason the dealer could not be able to make these changes if I decide to make another trip.
I believe that if we can do it with FORScan, then the dealer can do it with IDS

Old 10-16-2018, 01:14 PM
coolray
Freshman User
Planning another trip to the dealer in the morning, I will post the results. Thanks again.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:58 PM
Tricon
Postmaster
Tricon has a very good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a very good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a very good reputation on FTE.
Is this the same part for the cell phone activated one? I'm wondering if I can have both the fob and the app version of remote start...I sort of remember a jumper in the box but dont think I used it.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:50 PM
NorEasterMA
The Lighting Guy
Originally Posted by Tricon
Is this the same part for the cell phone activated one? I'm wondering if I can have both the fob and the app version of remote start...I sort of remember a jumper in the box but dont think I used it.
I have both. Fob "lock-unlock-lock" sequence starts the truck as does my iPhone app. Best of both worlds. FWIW in the three installs I've done with this VSS module (one 17 and two 18's) all required the jumper to be in place for everything to work.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:22 AM
coolray
Freshman User
UPDATE:

As suspected the folks on this site are armed with more knowledge than the dealership. Works as it should, running lights come on, able to set the climate control etc. When I presented the info I learned from this site the service writer came back in a couple minuets with my keys and a weak apology. Thanks for your sharing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installed Ford Remote Start on 2018 XL

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.