Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

The PA Chapter's "All Summer Long" June 2018 Chat and B/S Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 07:47 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 978 Posts
Morning PA.... keep yourselves hydrated today if outside....gonna be a scorcher ! Don't ya just love Ma Nature.... one extreme to the other !

Old 06-18-2018, 08:29 AM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 304 Likes on 279 Posts
Originally Posted by liftnw8z
Yeah it was a great turnout. I didn't even get pictures of everything. So much good old and newer iron there. I kept trying to find shade, but everyone wanted to talk Bull...never saw a buzz around it like this before..
That is great to hear. How were the comments on the Bull?

Old 06-18-2018, 08:30 AM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Morning and welcome back to the work week everyone.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:47 AM
svolpone
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hi everyone. what a great sunny weekend.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:18 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 82 Likes on 69 Posts
Morning Steve and Neil.

A lot of it centered around the details and cleanliness overall, Neil. Like one guy was so impressed with the notion of carrying the theme of the truck through from the badging outside to the interior, another was looking at things like my shocks (which are simply de-badged Fox IFP2.0's and nothing really special...) and leaf springs all painted up with the pack clips painted the accent color of the truck...someone else commented on the use of black metallic and polished/stainless metal under the hood. It was really all over the map about the various things done to the truck, really. One guy was at Wheels and Wings last year and immediately picked out the change to the factory wheel well trim rather than the big flares and the eliminated side body trim and said it made the truck 10 times better.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:45 AM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Bill that is good to hear. Personally I like the small details that makes something stand out from the norm and that is one thing that I really like with what you have done with Bull.

Just like with the small changes that I have made with mine by swapping out the factory head lights with some aftermarket ones that look very similar to the OE projectors. Taking the OE wheels that I picked up, stripping the clear off and painting the entire wheel graphite grey to match the wheel well trim to name a few.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:13 AM
JKru
Cargo Master
Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts
I'm with Tiny on this, Bill. You spent a lot of time this off-season focused on the little details & now you're reaping the rewards!

Old 06-18-2018, 10:53 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Maybe that's it - just a lot of the fine-tuning. When you think about it, some of the most successful aren't always the biggest, flashiest, and blingiest (yes, that's a word I invented...)...they're just the best put together overall. If I can stay on that track it'll all come together.

Hardest question I had to answer yesterday came from a guy who judges shows - "What makes this truck so special?" I mean, how do you quantify 6 1/2 years of technical effort coupled with so many other intangible things into an answer to that...?

Old 06-18-2018, 12:37 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Good afternoon PA! Got stuck in training all morning. Yeeha. Bill, I'm with these guys, the detail you've done to that truck is awesome!

Old 06-18-2018, 12:37 PM
JKru
Cargo Master
Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts
I think you just answered the question. Sometimes it is okay to answer a question with a question. You know what you have put into it, but the judge does not. By giving him an idea of the amount of time & effort you have put into the truck, you automatically prime his brain to start looking for all of the little details & appreciating that time & effort.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:16 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Howdy Pat....was wondering where you were hiding out at today lol.

I wasn't fishing for the kind words but thanks. I'm kinda dumbfounded as to how much buzz has been around the truck so far this year, I guess, and I haven't really seen THAT much change through my eyes. Might be a "can't see the forest through the trees" kind of thing.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:18 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Yeah, our yearly training. Good stuff....NOT!

Well, you're with the truck all the time. The rest of us only see it on occasion, and it's usually changed in some way!

Old 06-18-2018, 01:40 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Originally Posted by liftnw8z
Maybe that's it - just a lot of the fine-tuning. When you think about it, some of the most successful aren't always the biggest, flashiest, and blingiest (yes, that's a word I invented...)...they're just the best put together overall. If I can stay on that track it'll all come together.

Hardest question I had to answer yesterday came from a guy who judges shows - "What makes this truck so special?" I mean, how do you quantify 6 1/2 years of technical effort coupled with so many other intangible things into an answer to that...?
Originally Posted by JKru
I think you just answered the question. Sometimes it is okay to answer a question with a question. You know what you have put into it, but the judge does not. By giving him an idea of the amount of time & effort you have put into the truck, you automatically prime his brain to start looking for all of the little details & appreciating that time & effort.
I agree with Jason on this. If you sat down and looked at the pictures from when you first got the truck from Scott and compare it to the annual show season ones, you will see a lot of change. Personally I think that each year it has become more fine tuned because you are focusing in on certain aspects and not the entire truck.

Old 06-18-2018, 02:12 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Originally Posted by 67nukeford
Yeah, our yearly training. Good stuff....NOT!

Well, you're with the truck all the time. The rest of us only see it on occasion, and it's usually changed in some way!
Gotta love those yearly training session things. Thankfully we're not doing too much of that right now - though I seem to think they are planning something for the summer since our work volume is down a little bit up here.

Old 06-18-2018, 02:12 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Originally Posted by tiny1
I agree with Jason on this. If you sat down and looked at the pictures from when you first got the truck from Scott and compare it to the annual show season ones, you will see a lot of change. Personally I think that each year it has become more fine tuned because you are focusing in on certain aspects and not the entire truck.
One of these days I need to do a "seven year" comparison shot. I'll probably see my head explode...lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The PA Chapter's "All Summer Long" June 2018 Chat and B/S Thread