2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Brand new truck missing parts

Old 05-31-2018, 05:15 PM
TJP249
Tuned

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 2002exPSD
what is the boxlink?
The brackets that are part of the cargo mgmt system in bed. Believe they are standard with any XLT or higher truck. They ship loose in the truck in a blister pack.

Old 05-31-2018, 07:10 PM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by nico963
I realized the day after I didn’t get the reducer for my hitch.I didn’t know if I had to buy one or it came with the truck.So I drove down to the dealer and asked my sales guy.He goes “Oh crap,Come with me”.We went out to the lot and he took one out of another truck.
No worries.... the guy that buys the other truck may not come back and ask for one lol

Old 05-31-2018, 09:03 PM
nico963
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by LiquidSteam
No worries.... the guy that buys the other truck may not come back and ask for one lol
haha I think the dealer is hoping for the same thing!!!

Old 06-01-2018, 09:03 AM
2002exPSD
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the salesman called and said he knows what happened to the front centercaps and floor mats. When I lost my cool on them for all the dealer add on surprises that were $4300 that i didnt ask for like wheel locks, window tint, rubber floor mats, sound suppession kit, trailer hitch etc. They took off some of the parts and forgot to put them back. He's mailing the rear floor mats and centercaps.

The deal on this truck was a month long process. Only thing that peaked my interest in buying this truck was the advertised $15,000 off, free 6 year 150,000 mile ford extended warranty, $3000 cash back and 0 percent interest for 72 months. I had to fight tooth and nail to get what they advertised. They tried to add all these extra fees every time I told them to send me the paperwork. They changed the interest rate multiple times on me, added a bunch of extra fees, said the 15k off wasn't valid on this truck etc. I had a long final conversation with the dealership owner and he told me he will give me what they advertised on the website. Then I show up at the dealership and there was all this dealer add on stuff. I lost my cool and told them I'm going back home. The sales manager said he'll take it off if I buy the truck which I did.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:10 AM
Buliwyf
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Document that politely, then forward it to Ford.

Dealership shenanigans are going to kill Ford. It's getting out of hand. BS rebates, whatever the Special Order trucks guys were complaining about during the shutdown, and the last minute price fixing right before signing.......... If the next truck I buy is a Ford, I'm buying it from a 3rd party or online. No more dealers. Car dealers should go out of biz. They're obsolete.

The SD and Raptor are the only Ford products I'll touch. If I needed a car or SUV, I wouldn't go anywhere near a Ford.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:23 AM
whagen
Tuned
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
If the deal sounds to good it usually is.

I went in knowing what interest rate I could get from my bank and can calculate the monthly payment on my phone. So with the price of the truck, all the fees and discounts, my down payment I was able to confirm the month payment numbers and all the other number the sales guy was giving me were correct. I had created a spreadsheet that I could update on my phone to double-check all the calculations. My numbers came out within a few pennies (rounded to the nearest dollar on my numbers). it's not difficult to do, and I would guess there are apps out there that can do this too. Only took me a few minutes to create. most is simple adding and subtracting, and the financial calculation is a standard function in most spread sheets.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:38 AM
2002exPSD
Laughing Gas
I ran into a similar issue when I went to purchase a 2015 mustang ecoboost back in 2016. Dealership sales shenanigans drove me away from the sale. I wasn't going to pay a $3000 special fee for financing a car with a manual transmission. The excuse was they are worried about you hot rodding a manual transmission car.

Old 06-01-2018, 10:14 AM
surlynkid
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does your single key at least have the special sticker on it with the codes to get another key cut. That is important. I hope they didn't lose the key with that sticker. I almost didn't realize the sticker was important when I gave my wife the spare key.

Old 06-01-2018, 10:21 AM
2002exPSD
Laughing Gas
Yes the sticker with the factory door code. I have it.

Old 06-01-2018, 10:27 AM
Mud Doc
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Did I miss it somewhere?

WHO WAS THE DEALER?

Old 06-01-2018, 11:12 AM
devongarver
Tuned
Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts
FWIW my box link stuff and my "stock" carpet floor mats were in the rear under seat storage compartment when I pick up my new truck. Might check there for surprises if you have not already lol.

Old 06-01-2018, 12:14 PM
jergle
Mountain Pass
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by nico963
I realized the day after I didn’t get the reducer for my hitch.I didn’t know if I had to buy one or it came with the truck.So I drove down to the dealer and asked my sales guy.He goes “Oh crap,Come with me”.We went out to the lot and he took one out of another truck.
Same thing happened to me with the boxlink tie downs. Went back for first service. Ran into salesman who sold me the truck. Asked about the tie downs. He says, "Yeah, they were supposed to be in the truck.", so then goes and takes them out of another truck on the lot. Good luck to the next guy.

Old 06-01-2018, 01:09 PM
2002exPSD
Laughing Gas
Maybe some guys won't need them. I know I won't. Putting a commercial fiberglass topper on this truck. Don't need the trailer hitch reducers either. Ordered a 3" b&w trailer hitch.

Old 06-01-2018, 02:18 PM
Bill_The_PA
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Buliwyf
Document that politely, then forward it to Ford.

Dealership shenanigans are going to kill Ford. It's getting out of hand. BS rebates, whatever the Special Order trucks guys were complaining about during the shutdown, and the last minute price fixing right before signing.......... If the next truck I buy is a Ford, I'm buying it from a 3rd party or online. No more dealers. Car dealers should go out of biz. They're obsolete.

The SD and Raptor are the only Ford products I'll touch. If I needed a car or SUV, I wouldn't go anywhere near a Ford.
Ford is getting out of the car business anyway.
When my truck that I ordered didn't arrive with the Gooseneck kit I went over every inch of that truck. I checked every function it had to test it OTHER THEN HILL DECENT ETC; it took a week but I got the Gooseneck kit. They think the truck driver or someone in their prep shop. I finally got my airbag sensor fixed and also give a rebuilt transmission as I had a chattering noise in 4th gear. When I got it back it had scratches all over the drivers side doors and the drivers side forward panel. Another thing I need to get addressed when we meet on Monday (with my ford Canada case mgr. rep as well). I should have to feel like the trouble maker but their non-professional practices force my hand. I'm getting to the jaded point where it doesn't pay to be nice. That's a sad day when you need to be an absolute pr;ck to get thing done where you don't have anxiety trying to keep your truck looking new when your getting service done. That's not service....what an oxymoron statement.
Just my opinion. OP. Hope you get your truck looking the way it should and some compensation.

Old 06-01-2018, 02:20 PM
Bill_The_PA
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry for the spelling and unfinished sentences. Hmmmm damm autocorrect lol. You get the idea I hope.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brand new truck missing parts