Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Blown cylinder, the rest not so great. Need advice

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blown cylinder, the rest not so great. Need advice

Old 09-25-2018, 05:53 AM
SRBF150
Posting Guru
SRBF150 has a good reputation on FTE.SRBF150 has a good reputation on FTE.
Very interesting build! I would be the PO did most of the damage to the block. Do you know how much overbore the block needed to go?

Old 09-25-2018, 03:26 PM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
With the BTS it should run a long time. Glad it's done and running.

Old 09-26-2018, 05:47 AM
FordTruckNoob
A Prairie Home PSD
FordTruckNoob has a good reputation on FTE.FordTruckNoob has a good reputation on FTE.FordTruckNoob has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by timmyboy76
Anyway, the blue section of the oem line, i believe that is for movement between motor and frame. Yours is rigid. Does it not need "flex" anywhere alongvthat plumbing?
Actually, the blue section in the first pic on the factory line is the flex line going to the factory fuel pump. I don't have a pump on the frame rail any more so that flex isn't needed. My objective was to remove all the quick disconnects.

Attached Images     
Old 09-26-2018, 06:12 AM
FordTruckNoob
A Prairie Home PSD
FordTruckNoob has a good reputation on FTE.FordTruckNoob has a good reputation on FTE.FordTruckNoob has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by blageurt
Ford Truck Noob …. You do not have to do that...you can get custom fuel lines made for whatever you want...you just need to specify the Pressure and the length....
Yes I know but I'm a cheap SOB and I had all the materials left over from prior projects.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:31 AM
FordTruckNoob
A Prairie Home PSD
Originally Posted by SRBF150
Do you know how much overbore the block needed to go?
Good question. Let me go ask Swamps.

EDIT: they bored it .020 over.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:33 AM
FordTruckNoob
A Prairie Home PSD
Originally Posted by Bonanza35
With the BTS it should run a long time. Glad it's done and running.
Thank you. It has been a long journey.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:24 AM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by FordTruckNoob View Post
Good question. Let me go ask Swamps.
Isn't that spelled out on your invoice?

Old 09-26-2018, 08:15 AM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Dig'n the lines, Noob...nice work.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:57 AM
FordTruckNoob
A Prairie Home PSD
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
Isn't that spelled out on your invoice?
No surprisingly. I will admit that trying to read a long PDF receipt is not easy on an iPhone so I might have missed it.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:24 AM
FordTruckNoob
A Prairie Home PSD
More random pics.

Attached Images     
Old 09-26-2018, 10:07 AM
Sous
Moderator and SXE Junkie!
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
No engine pictures? Would love to see what the block looks like, if even just from the top with the valve covers on it.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:41 AM
FordTruckNoob
A Prairie Home PSD
This one's for you Sous

I can't get good closeups of fine details with my iPhone. Those will have to wait until I get home to my borescope. You should see Swamps' solution to IPR tin nuts falling off.

Attached Images   
Old 09-26-2018, 11:55 AM
Sous
Moderator and SXE Junkie!
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Looks pretty nice from what I can see. Thanks for posting some pictures up.

Can you describe the fix for the tin nut on the IPR that Swamps did for you?

Old 09-26-2018, 02:01 PM
FordTruckNoob
A Prairie Home PSD
It's just a massively overbuilt nut. You have to see it to appreciate it though.

Old 09-27-2018, 05:38 AM
SaintITC
Posting Guru
SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.
I replaced my nut with a cheap Home Depot zinc plated nut with a tiny drop of blue loctite the last time I had my IPR out. A flanged nut would probably have been a better choice.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blown cylinder, the rest not so great. Need advice

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.