The stable is growing! - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

The stable is growing!

Old 05-25-2018, 12:21 AM
BlueOvalRage
Posting Guru
BlueOvalRage has a very good reputation on FTE.BlueOvalRage has a very good reputation on FTE.BlueOvalRage has a very good reputation on FTE.
The stable is growing!

I need another mechanical mouth to feed around here like I need a hole in the head, but the trip to the Grand National F-100 Reunion this past weekend pushed me over the edge. The wife and I had a blast, but attending these truck shows as spectators year after year really sucks. We felt like we missed out on a lot. I've got three project trucks but they are LONG TERM projects and the first one realistically won't see the street for a few more years. We talked about it and I got the green light to look for something that we could enjoy now or with a minimal amount of work.

I've always had a soft spot for the '55 F-100's and I've been eyeballing one that has popped up on Craigslist and eBay several times since January. This rig has a great body, zero rust, decent paint and it's about as original and unmolested as you'll find. Just what I was looking for! There are a couple downsides, though. It's been in dry storage for over 10 years and has severe hibernation sickness. It doesn't go and it doesn't whoa right now. The other issue is that it's 1000 miles away from me. I contacted the owner and after several conversations we made a deal last night. My buddy and I are planning a marathon road trip to go get it on the 8th and 9th next month. I can't WAIT! Here are a couple pics:

Old 05-25-2018, 12:45 AM
Samson 56
New User
Samson 56 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Congratulations! Well worth the trip for a solid Texas truck. She's a beauty!

Old 05-25-2018, 03:00 AM
casper1999
Senior User
casper1999 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Congratulations on your new truck!!! That deffinately looks like one you can start enjoying right away, what a beauty!!

Old 05-25-2018, 06:36 AM
Greg Rogers
Elder User
Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.
That looks nice, I like the way he kept the original wheels/tires and put on later model wheels w/old looking caps. I'll bet that will be a lot of fun after you get it sorted out.

Old 05-25-2018, 06:55 AM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
52 USCG Panel has a very good reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a very good reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a very good reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a very good reputation on FTE.
Congratulations! Just the thing to drive to Abe's Truckstock event in Pennsylvania this September. I think your new truck will be eligible for one of the special prizes Abe will be giving out to qualified trucks like yours. LOL.

Jim

Old 05-25-2018, 09:23 AM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Very nice! I do like it a lot. Yes bring that to Central PA Mountain Truckstock and join the numerous other Meadow Green trucks that are coming!

I have seen that listed on ebay. Congrats!

I hope you get it running and stopping soon.

Old 05-25-2018, 09:58 AM
highdesert55
Senior User
highdesert55 has a good reputation on FTE.highdesert55 has a good reputation on FTE.
congrats, I decided a long time ago that I liked the look of the slant cabs more and the 55 has the best looking grill in my opinion. You are getting a nice looking truck.

Old 05-25-2018, 10:47 AM
CharlieLed
Post Fiend
CharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant future
Very nice, congratulations! The wife and I have had the same discussions regarding buying a driver while the "perfect" truck is being constructed, hopefully your driver stays a driver at least until the project rolls out of the barn.

Old 05-25-2018, 11:06 AM
BlueOvalRage
Posting Guru
BlueOvalRage has a very good reputation on FTE.BlueOvalRage has a very good reputation on FTE.BlueOvalRage has a very good reputation on FTE.
Thanks, gents! I'm crossing my fingers that it won't take much to wake it from it's slumber. He said it was running well when it was put away, so hopefully some fuel system TLC and a thorough brake job will have it on it's feet. If that goes well and I get some trouble-free shakedown miles on it in time, Truckstock might be a distinct possibility. It'll still have some rough edges to polish, but it's mostly "pretty" stuff that can be tinkered with as time allows. I'm kinda partial to the wheels that are on it, too, Greg. I'm not so sure about the red, though. I'm considering repainting them to match the grille with fresh rubber and adding some trim rings.

Old 05-25-2018, 11:18 AM
ben73058
Postmaster
ben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to behold
Hey Blue oval Rage,
So... Where in Texas did you find that beautiful truck? I'm guessing North Texas as it would take you an extra week
to get home if you got it from El Paso.

Ben in Austin
1950 F1

Old 05-25-2018, 11:46 AM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
underthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputation
Now that's an investment that you will never regret. A project is fun, and so very rewarding, but not being able to drive it/them yet has to be a drag. Having this beautiful driver will no doubt fill that void for you and your wife, and you will have the best of both worlds. Congratulations and enjoy.

Old 05-25-2018, 12:03 PM
firstrider
Postmaster
firstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to behold
Congrats BOR . What is better than one truck ? 2 trucks !!

Old 05-25-2018, 12:56 PM
bjmayberry2
Postmaster
bjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant future
I’m pretty sure I picked up a set of hubcaps like that from Bigwin56f100 at the Grand Nationals last week. Enjoy the ride BlueOvalRage!

Old 05-25-2018, 01:50 PM
bigwin56f100
Postmaster
bigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant future
Now I know why you need a mirror lol
nice looking rig for sure!

Old 05-25-2018, 01:50 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Congrats on the new acquisition, looks like you'll be cruising in no time...

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.