Installed 2.5Ē Readylift with 37ís - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Installed 2.5Ē Readylift with 37ís

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Old 05-24-2018, 04:51 PM
SCfire
Freshman User
SCfire is starting off with a positive reputation.

Finally installed Readylift 2.5Ē, Rancho 9000ís, and Toyo MT 37ís. I also had it aligned after and I will share my thoughts and questions.

-Readylift 2.5Ē: this is the perfect height for me. I absolutely despised the rake in the truck before. It looks perfectly level now and made a night and day difference.

-Toyo Open Country MT 37: a much more aggressive tire than I was expecting. It is also a massive tire. I think 35ís would have been fine, at least in the Toyos. Definitely will take some getting used to having switched from the stock Michelinís. Very noisy over stock. rub at full lock under certain circumstances. Rides more rough than stock tires. Im going to try them out for a few weeks, but undecided if I will switch to a different tire, such as an all terrain. I drive out of town quite a bit, and something less aggressive may work better for me, but I do love the look of the Toyos.

-Rancho RS9000XL: i would say an equal ride compared to stock. Which is good imo considering I leveled and added 37ís. Still trying to find the sweet spot on settings. Trying 4 on front, 1 on rear. Better ride on highway, worse on backroads. I suspect it has more to do with the tires tho.

-Alignment: pulls slightly to the right and steering wheel is very slightly off center to left. Nothing crazy, but not perfect. Will someone review the specs below and let me know if there is anything that can be done to improve. Iím not an expert in this area.

Old 05-24-2018, 06:43 PM
98woody
Senior User
98woody is starting off with a positive reputation.
You just posted exactly what you was considering I ordered a 2.5" ready lift SST kit with 4" rear blocks I wanted 3/4" rake I would only have 1/4" without the blocks. I keep going back an forth on 35s or 37s and Toyo MT or the RT. I don't mind a little noise just don't want a loud howl. But the MT tires look great. Nice job I like the truck!!

Old 05-24-2018, 07:18 PM
evil1art
New User
evil1art is starting off with a positive reputation.
caster looks a little off

Old 05-24-2018, 07:43 PM
TXSD6.2
Junior User
TXSD6.2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
For the steering wheel being out of alignment, check out the end of this video:

There are two bolts you can loosen up easily and re-align the steering wheel yourself in a few minutes in the driveway. If it's only a little bit off, perhaps the shop you took it to tried to readjust it, but didn't get it 100% straight. If you notice in the video, this guy's steering wheel was WAY off right after installing the 2.5" leveling kit.

Old 05-24-2018, 07:45 PM
iTwitch
New User
iTwitch is starting off with a positive reputation.
Truck looks GREAT!
Did you just do the ReadyLift or did you add caster/camber bushings?

Old 05-24-2018, 08:12 PM
GO BIG OR GO HOME
New User
GO BIG OR GO HOME is starting off with a positive reputation.
If your looking at getting rid of the tires. Iíll trade. I have new RT and I love the MT. The guy at the store talked me into the RT. I have always had MT and the noise is a very minimal difference. So if you live in the northern Virginia are let me now. Iíll pay for mount and dismount on both trucks.

Last edited by GO BIG OR GO HOME; 05-24-2018 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Spell check
Old 05-24-2018, 09:03 PM
SCfire
Freshman User
Thanks man. Pics donít do it justice, it is a BIG truck with the level and 37ís.

I didnt do the bushings and thats kind of what what I was getting at? Itís a very minimal amount of pull, is this something that can be adjusted or do I need the bushings

Originally Posted by iTwitch View Post
Truck looks GREAT!
Did you just do the ReadyLift or did you add caster/camber bushings?

Old 05-24-2018, 09:05 PM
SCfire
Freshman User
I actually may be willing to do that. I live in sc, but Iím from Richmond. I have vacation coming up for the next 2 weeks and could possibly drive up. How many miles are on the RTís? Are they 37ís?

Originally Posted by GO BIG OR GO HOME View Post
If your looking at getting rid of the tires. Iíll trade. I have new RT and I love the MT. The guy at the store talked me into the RT. I have always had MT and the noise is a very minimal difference. So if you live in the northern Virginia are let me now. Iíll pay for mount and dismount on both trucks.

Old 05-24-2018, 09:07 PM
SCfire
Freshman User
It was way off, by like 120 degrees after the level install. The alignment shop got it within 5 degrees. I may end up doing this, itís only 5 degrees, maybe less, but itís going to drive me crazy if I donít fix it

Originally Posted by TXSD6.2 View Post
For the steering wheel being out of alignment, check out the end of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAnrtzkUrcQ

There are two bolts you can loose up easily re-align the steering wheel yourself in a few minutes in the driveway. If it's only a little bit off, perhaps the shop you took it to tried to readjust it, but didn't get it 100% straight. If you notice in the video, this guy's steering wheel was WAY off right after installing the 2.5" leveling kit.

Old 05-24-2018, 09:20 PM
ArcticCircle
Junior User
ArcticCircle is starting off with a positive reputation.
17 F250 Platinum CCSB

I have the exact same level kit and rims/tires. It's a mean combo for sure. A couple of things:

-I would definitely get the castor bushings. Get your castor up as much as you can. 3.5 and 3.9 is where I am at, the most allowed by the bushings. Aftermarket radius arms with castor built in will help too.
-Get the Hypertech Speedo Calibrator. Super easy to install and gets your dash back to correct.
-Look into a tuner. This allows you to customize shift points, and keep the power on tap.
-Rotate the tires every 5K. The tires are a little noisy, but damn do they look good! Also, Toyo MT's are known to pull a bit to the right due to their aggressive nature.

I am looking at replacing the spacers with 2.5 lift springs for a better ride. I am also looking at adjustable radius arms to gain even more castor. I've heard of guys running upwards of 4.5-5.5 of castor.

Old 05-24-2018, 09:29 PM
SCfire
Freshman User
Can you give me the part number for the bushings or a link?

Why did you opt for this speedo calibration versus doing it through FORScan? Iím about 4mph off right now at 70mph, the best I can tell.

Dont want to void my warranty just yet, so Iím holding off on a tuner for as long as I can. There is def some power loss, but not nearly as much as has been made out to be on some of these threads.

Thanks for sharing all of those tips with me, much appreciated.

Originally Posted by ArcticCircle View Post
17 F250 Platinum CCSB

I have the exact same level kit and rims/tires. It's a mean combo for sure. A couple of things:

-I would definitely get the castor bushings. Get your castor up as much as you can. 3.5 and 3.9 is where I am at, the most allowed by the bushings. Aftermarket radius arms with castor built in will help too.
-Get the Hypertech Speedo Calibrator. Super easy to install and gets your dash back to correct.
-Look into a tuner. This allows you to customize shift points, and keep the power on tap.
-Rotate the tires every 5K. The tires are a little noisy, but damn do they look good! Also, Toyo MT's are known to pull a bit to the right due to their aggressive nature.

I am looking at replacing the spacers with 2.5 lift springs for a better ride. I am also looking at adjustable radius arms to gain even more castor. I've heard of guys running upwards of 4.5-5.5 of castor.

Old 05-24-2018, 11:34 PM
honda250xtitan
Senior User
honda250xtitan is starting off with a positive reputation.
What did they set the PSI to? unless you're towing you can air those E rated 37's way down to like 40 according to Carli's website.

Carli Blog: Tires and Wheels: How Do They Affect My Ride??

truck looks perfect IMO.

Old 05-25-2018, 02:14 AM
ArcticCircle
Junior User
ArcticCircle is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by SCfire View Post
Can you give me the part number for the bushings or a link?

Why did you opt for this speedo calibration versus doing it through FORScan? Iím about 4mph off right now at 70mph, the best I can tell.

Dont want to void my warranty just yet, so Iím holding off on a tuner for as long as I can. There is def some power loss, but not nearly as much as has been made out to be on some of these threads.

Thanks for sharing all of those tips with me, much appreciated.

You bet man. The bushings were provided by my alignment shop, so I don't have numbers for you, but if you search around this forum, the numbers are somewhere.
Forscan won't let you adjust for 37s. Mine was 5 mph off, i couldn't live with it. And I hear ya on the warranty, but tunes can usually be wiped and the stock tune reinstalled without Ford knowing. I have a 5 Star tune and they assured me it wouldn't be traceable once removed. Possible options anyway..

Old 05-25-2018, 05:29 AM
Section179
Junior User
Section179 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by ArcticCircle View Post
You bet man. The bushings were provided by my alignment shop, so I don't have numbers for you, but if you search around this forum, the numbers are somewhere.
Forscan won't let you adjust for 37s. Mine was 5 mph off, i couldn't live with it. And I hear ya on the warranty, but tunes can usually be wiped and the stock tune reinstalled without Ford knowing. I have a 5 Star tune and they assured me it wouldn't be traceable once removed. Possible options anyway..
there is now a no CEL forscan way to adjust for the tires by changing the gear ratio.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:47 AM
SCfire
Freshman User

Thatís a good read. Thanks for the info

Originally Posted by honda250xtitan View Post
What did they set the PSI to? unless you're towing you can air those E rated 37's way down to like 40 according to Carli's website.

Carli Blog: Tires and Wheels: How Do They Affect My Ride??

truck looks perfect IMO.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.