Oil Pan Gasket - ESP Warranty ? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Oil Pan Gasket - ESP Warranty ?

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 05-21-2018, 11:49 AM
c04678
New User
c04678 is starting off with a positive reputation.

My oil pan has started to drip and i believe that this is covered under the Premium ESP plan I purchased. Would anyone be able to confirm this and if it is, do they also cover the oil replacement or am I on the hook for that?

Old 05-21-2018, 01:17 PM
m-chan68
Postmaster
m-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputation
To confirm with 100% certainty, I would need your VIN and mileage.

(Dealership Technician)

Old 05-23-2018, 11:46 AM
c04678
New User
c04678 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Let's say the oil pan gasket is covered under the ESP. Does the oil get changed under the ESP warranty, or am I charged for the oil?

Old 05-23-2018, 12:33 PM
m-chan68
Postmaster
m-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputation
That would depend on the technician doing the repair. I can tell you how I would do the repair. And my practice has always been, and always will be that I never re-use any fluids that I need to drain for whatever reason, even if was changed recently. Pertaining to the particular repair in question, I would reseal the oil pan and let cure dry for at least half a day before pouring any new oil into the engine (while I have moved on to doing other work in the meantime). The new oil and filter would simply be charged out as part of the repair. But again, I speak for myself. Another technician doing the repair may re-use the oil drained.

Old 05-24-2018, 06:34 PM
David_ski
Senior User
David_ski is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question: Wouldn't a oil pan leak be covered by the 5year/100,000 miles PowerStroke Diesel Engine Warranty Coverage without an ESP extended plan?

My 2016 truck had an oil pan leak fixed at ~22K miles, and I have wondered if the PowerStroke warranty would cover this if it happened after the 3year/36,000 miles.

2016-Car-Lt-Truck-Warranty-version-3_frdwa_EN-US_10_2015.pdf (pages 11-12)
(4) Your vehicle’s direct injection diesel engine and certain engine components are covered during the PowerStroke Diesel Engine Coverage Period, which lasts for five years or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first. The following parts are covered during this extended coverage period: the engine, cylinder block, heads and all internal parts, intake and exhaust manifolds, timing gear, harmonic balancer, valve covers, oil pan and pump, water pump, fuel system (excluding fuel lines, fuel tank and frame mounted fuel conditioning module sometimes referred to as the frame mounted pump/filter/water separator or frame mounted fuel filter/water separator), high pressure lines, gaskets and seals, glow plugs, turbocharger, two-stage turbocharger assembly, turbocharger actuator, powertrain control module, high pressure fuel injection pump assembly, injectors, injection pressure sensor, fuel rail pressure sensor, exhaust back pressure regulator and sensor, exhaust pressure sensor, manifold pressure sensor, intake air temperature sensor, crankshaft position sensor, camshaft position sensor, accelerator switch.

Old 05-25-2018, 05:27 PM
2017F250131
Freshman User
2017F250131 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't see gaskets specifically called out in the verbiage...

Old 05-25-2018, 06:11 PM
69cj
Post Fiend
69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.
I had a bed pan leak fixed on an 05. 6.0 and they didn’t charge for the oil. Some dealers however will fix the hard parts and charge for fluids. Case in point, years ago I had an AC compressor replaced under warranty. Parts and labor covered, the Freon was not.

Old 05-25-2018, 06:33 PM
m-chan68
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 69cj View Post
I had a bed pan leak fixed on an 05. 6.0 and they didn’t charge for the oil. Some dealers however will fix the hard parts and charge for fluids. Case in point, years ago I had an AC compressor replaced under warranty. Parts and labor covered, the Freon was not.
And what was the charge for the freon?

Old 05-25-2018, 07:34 PM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Just Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 2017F250131 View Post
I don't see gaskets specifically called out in the verbiage...
2016-Car-Lt-Truck-Warranty-version-3_frdwa_EN-US_10_2015.pdf (pages 11-12)
(4) Your vehicle’s direct injection diesel engine and certain engine components are covered during the PowerStroke Diesel Engine Coverage Period, which lasts for five years or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first. The following parts are covered during this extended coverage period: the engine, cylinder block, heads and all internal parts, intake and exhaust manifolds, timing gear, harmonic balancer, valve covers, oil pan and pump, water pump, fuel system (excluding fuel lines, fuel tank and frame mounted fuel conditioning module sometimes referred to as the frame mounted pump/filter/water separator or frame mounted fuel filter/water separator), high pressure lines, gaskets and seals, glow plugs, turbocharger, two-stage turbocharger assembly, turbocharger actuator, powertrain control module, high pressure fuel injection pump assembly, injectors, injection pressure sensor, fuel rail pressure sensor, exhaust back pressure regulator and sensor, exhaust pressure sensor, manifold pressure sensor, intake air temperature sensor, crankshaft position sensor, camshaft position sensor, accelerator switch.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:04 AM
69cj
Post Fiend
69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by m-chan68 View Post
And what was the charge for the freon?
I don't remember Mike. Too long ago. It was at a Mercury dealership in Riverside Ca. They stated that freon was a renewable.

Old 05-26-2018, 11:41 AM
cappa
Senior User
cappa is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My dealer also covered the upper oil pan leak and did not charge me for a filter or oil. This is on a deleted 15, not sure if I was over the 3yr 60000km thou. Oil was due for a change anyways, pretty awesome of them thou I thought

Old 05-26-2018, 07:28 PM
projectnitemare
Elder User
projectnitemare is starting off with a positive reputation.
It will be covered under the diesel engine warranty. Upper and lower on mine leaked. No charge for repair or oil.

Old 05-27-2018, 10:23 AM
The Bone
Elder User
The Bone has a good reputation on FTE.The Bone has a good reputation on FTE.
Mine is leaking but very slight leak. Going on a trip and will have it fixed when I get home.
A ESP may not cover gaskets. You have to read the fine print if you need to go that route. I bet oil wouldn't be covered so expect to pay for that yourself.

Old 05-27-2018, 05:44 PM
David_ski
Senior User
David_ski is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
Mine is leaking but very slight leak. Going on a trip and will have it fixed when I get home.
A ESP may not cover gaskets. You have to read the fine print if you need to go that route. I bet oil wouldn't be covered so expect to pay for that yourself.
If you have to pay the cost of oil and a filter change by the dealer that cost is minor. Having this covered by the base diesel warranty is a good deal.

My upper pan gasket leak took 2.5 days to complete by the dealer. The repair requires you to disconnect the transmission from the engine to get the upper pan off. It can all be done without pulling the cab, but it still took 2.5 days.

Old 05-28-2018, 06:55 AM
projectnitemare
Elder User
projectnitemare is starting off with a positive reputation.
2.5 days, heck mine sat at the dealer for nearly 3 weeks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: